PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty 3

Buenamos
11-06-06, 04:49 PM
Guys, I was lucky enough to pick up a copy of this game today and WOW! Not only do the graphics blow me away, it's just the entire experience. I'm about an hour into the single player campaign and it's intense. BTW, the vehicles also handle very well. From what I can see, the single player simply blows away cod2's and is definitely shaping up to be one of the truly next-generation games alongside GRAW and Gears.

EDIT: sorry for the vague rant, I'll give a more descriptive review once I beat the game.....can't......stay......awaaay....from...... ..T......V.

zoomy942
11-06-06, 05:25 PM
i just cant wait to try it on the Wii!

Bearclaw
11-06-06, 05:54 PM
So is it out for PC then or did oyu get it early?

EDIT: Nevermind, it is obviously in the console forum therefore it is for XBox 360 I am assuming?

Buenamos
11-06-06, 06:04 PM
Yep, console only. Back to playing. :p

Frankly, after playing it and seeing how impressive the visuals are, I'm glad that it's console only. In comparison to cod2, the game blows it away and I think that if the game was released for PC as well, it wouldn't have turned out nearly as good mainly because now they can focus on taking the 360 to its limits. As far as I can see, it's definitely taken the WW2 genre to a whole nother level.

GamerGuyX
11-06-06, 06:07 PM
i just cant wait to try it on the Wii!

The Wii version will be nothing like the PS3 and 360 one so don't get your hopes up.

zoomy942
11-06-06, 06:14 PM
The Wii version will be nothing like the PS3 and 360 one so don't get your hopes up.

i know, and thats the best part:) using that cool controler. yahoo:)

OWA
11-06-06, 06:17 PM
Guys, I was lucky enough to pick up a copy of this game today and WOW! Not only do the graphics blow me away, it's just the entire experience. I'm about an hour into the single player campaign and it's intense. BTW, the vehicles also handle very well. From what I can see, the single player simply blows away cod2's and is definitely shaping up to be one of the truly next-generation games alongside GRAW and Gears.

EDIT: sorry for the vague rant, I'll give a more descriptive review once I beat the game.....can't......stay......awaaay....from...... ..T......V.
Thanks for the info. I'll definitely check it out since I really like the COD series.

Marvel_us
11-06-06, 06:29 PM

It's not a controller. It's a Wiimote.;)

GamerGuyX
11-06-06, 06:32 PM

No, what I mean is the game won't be the same game on the Wii. The Wii will not be able to generate some of the scenes and effects that the PS3 and 360 can.

ENU291
11-06-06, 06:41 PM

(w/opics)

Buenamos
11-06-06, 06:52 PM
(w/opics)

Haha, unfortunately I don't have a TV tuner card installed in my machine right now. I know it sounds like I'm kinda just hypin this up but wow guys, this is seriously one of the most intense single player games I have ever played. It is sooo chaotic yet it still has a great range of gameplay. What I mean is, in the last cod series it was mainly just run and gun and a bunch of stuff flyin, this game is definitely like that but it changes it up by having vehicle chases that are actually fun, along with a whole level entirely of just tank battles where you drive and shoot and everything and it doesn't just feel like a lame add-on like most games, it's actually well done. The cinematics are also impressive, the last series always kinda felt like there wasn't much of a storyline while this one actually envokes the player's emotions.

I guess I really don't know what else to say, it's really too bad that GoW will outshine this game when it comes to the press. This game is simply amazing, for those of you without a 360, GET ONE NOW!

GamerGuyX
11-06-06, 06:54 PM
At least take a digi cam pic of the game case so as not to make yourself seem like your BSing.

Redeemed
11-06-06, 06:57 PM
..This game is simply amazing, for those of you without a 360, GET ONE NOW!

Umm, no thanks. I'm not buying a console for just one, or even a few, games.

But, I am glad to hear that it is shaping up rather well. I hope the next PC version ends up being just as awesome. ;)

Bearclaw
11-06-06, 07:05 PM
I must say, the COD series is oe series I never bought or played. Maybe of gogamer has a deal on any of the games soon I will pick them up.

GamerGuyX
11-06-06, 07:23 PM
I must say, the COD series is oe series I never bought or played.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/images/smilies/icon_ohmygod.gif

You amaze me in unpleasant ways everytime I see you post something like the post above.

Masq
11-06-06, 07:29 PM
Not pointing fingers, hehe. But COD3 did just get leaked on the internet today :captnkill:. Can't wait to pick this up tomorrow!

Peoples-Agent
11-06-06, 11:36 PM
Not pointing fingers, hehe. But COD3 did just get leaked on the internet today :captnkill:. Can't wait to pick this up tomorrow!

If that's the case here then fair play to him, but i'd not risk my 360s DVD drive doing something like that. LOL

I'll wait patiently until Friday when it comes out here, and that's my weekend sorted.

zoomy942
11-07-06, 09:23 AM
No, what I mean is the game won't be the same game on the Wii. The Wii will not be able to generate some of the scenes and effects that the PS3 and 360 can.

right on. different strokes for different blokes i suppose:) i just loive the interaction of the wiimote

Peoples-Agent
11-07-06, 12:13 PM
right on. different strokes for different blokes i suppose:) i just loive the interaction of the wiimote

I will probably get a Wii ...but it definately won't be because of it's half assed version of COD3. They might have well called it Wii of Duty ....as compared to the PS3/360 versions, has sod all to do with anything.

Buenamos
11-07-06, 12:45 PM
Just finished the single player campaign and again, it was kickass. Now I gotta go to class, afterwards im gonna pick up GoW and play that all day now. :p

Peoples-Agent
11-10-06, 06:00 PM
I picked up Call of Duty 3 today from Tesco, and HOLY ****!!!

This game is a completely new experience, they pulled off what every other single WW2 wished it could do. This really is a next gen masterpiece, and seriously put to rest my taunts of "Oh no, not another WW2 shooter"

This really has to be played to be believed. It is simply awesome!

Arioch
11-10-06, 06:03 PM
Played the first prelude mission and was impressed. Unfortunately I will not play this game again until I complete Gears of War.

Tyr-Sog
11-10-06, 09:07 PM
Damn, I'm gonna starve this month with all these sweet releases both on pc and 360. :D

ENU291
11-11-06, 02:21 PM
WOW... Call of Duty 3 is amazing! The graphics have been improved BIG TIME! and the frame rate is a solid 60FPS. First Gears and now this. Xbox360 owners have alot to be happy about this holiday season. CoD3 is a definite MUST BUY title.

Peoples-Agent
11-11-06, 02:34 PM
WOW... Call of Duty 3 is amazing! The graphics have been improved BIG TIME! and the frame rate is a solid 60FPS. First Gears and not this. Xbox360 owners have alot to be happy about this holiday season. CoD3 is a definite MUST BUY title.

I can't get my head around the constant frame rate, I haven't encountered a single bit of slowdown yet. It's easily the most fluent shooter on the 360 yet..... hope they put the engine to use for other games.