PDA

View Full Version : UT2003 physics, low, medium, high

Kruno
02-24-03, 10:06 PM
I played a 16 player map with 15 bots. I have all the CPU sucking options enabled, like dynamic lighting, reduce mouselag and smooth mouse as well as software sounds and physics set to high.

Runs awesome on CTF-Lavagiant 2 and Face3.

So what do I do? I decide to play around with the physics settings. I read it determines the rag doll effect depending on the dying characters distance from me.
So, I decide to grab the blue flag and I dropped it somewhere on the map (with translocator) and all the bots went into the middle, taken my time to get out of the fray. I decided to keep doing this on all 3 different physics modes. Guess what? I noticed NO difference between them all. No difference in performance nor physics.

So what gives? Have I been mis-informed?

StealthHawk
02-24-03, 10:31 PM
benchmark the different settings with FRAPs?

digitalwanderer
02-24-03, 10:57 PM
I remember reading once that the physics setting also affecting the ripple effect on the water....the higher the physics setting the more realistic the water movement.

I tried playing with that long ago and was able to tell a difference in the physics level by splashing around, but that was about the only way.

If you were on a level without any fluid (non-lava fluid, that is ;) ) surfaces could that have been a factor?

(BTW-I was just joking over at R3D, I'm miffed they closed that thread! :) )

Kruno
02-25-03, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by StealthHawk
benchmark the different settings with FRAPs?

I play with vsync on so, yeh, I know my framerate. :)
Also use FRAPS.
All you have to do is hit scroll lock at the appropriate times. :)