PDA

View Full Version : Dual View and Fullscreen games minimizing.

Smiling Cat
11-07-06, 05:20 AM
Well I run two monitors using dual view and when I run a fullscreen game on my main display it always minimizes when I click anywhere in the second display. I don't think this is a hardware limitation though. I have run games like supreme commander that runs the game fullscreen on both monitors at different resolutions. Also I can start a dvd or video file and put the window on the second monitor and run a single display fullscreen game no problems until I click anywhere on the second display.

Q
11-07-06, 09:59 AM
It's a Windows limitation more than anything regardless of whether you run ATI or Nvidia.

Solution:
Disable your secondary monitor when playing a game. It sucks, I know.

But, if you use Multimon you can just make a profile that disables it when you start a game and reenables it when you exit. That's what I do for games that need it!

Tr1cK
11-07-06, 10:25 AM
The game needs to be running in a window for you to be able to 'click-off' on to the other screen. Any game running full-screen needs to have primary focus at all times in the system to remain active.

WoW and Titan Quest both do this. WoW does so effortlessly and wont even give you the window title bar. Titan Quest, on the other hand, does give you a title bar which takes away from the real estate a little bit. I am just using those as a reference since they are the most recent games I have done this on.

Parts
11-08-06, 04:00 AM
It's a Windows limitation more than anything regardless of whether you run ATI or Nvidia.

Solution:
Disable your secondary monitor when playing a game. It sucks, I know.

But, if you use Multimon you can just make a profile that disables it when you start a game and reenables it when you exit. That's what I do for games that need it!

Oh neat, ive been looking for a program that would do something like that when playing certain games.