PDA

View Full Version : OP Flashpoint 2 Gold!

Pages : [1] 2

Blade
11-07-06, 01:29 PM
Great news, new OPFP2 (Armed Assault) is gold!!

Armed Assault, from the makers of Operation Flashpoint

Apparently German release is 1st?
www.bluesnews.com

nVidi0t
11-07-06, 01:39 PM
w0000t! I didn't see this one coming!

MaXThReAT
11-07-06, 01:57 PM
And if you own a TrackIR you can do stuff like this. Can't wait.

http://media.naturalpoint.com/video/gamedemo/PCF_Arma_TIR_p2.wmv
http://media.naturalpoint.com/video/gamedemo/PCF_Arma_TIR_p1.wmv

Redeemed
11-07-06, 03:43 PM
Great news, new OPFP2 (Armed Assault) is gold!!

Armed Assault, from the makers of Operation Flashpoint

www.bluesnews.com

Armed Assualt is developed by Bohemia. It is in no way OFP2. I hate to say this.

Codies owns the rights to OFP and OFP2. Since Codies and Bohemial refuse to kiss and make up, we will only see an actual OFP2 when Codies decides to put one out.

Regardless, I've been looking forward to AA for the longest time. I'll definitely be getting a copy as soon as I can.

Great news! :D :D :D

Redeemed
11-07-06, 03:48 PM
Great vids Maxthreat! Those are the first vids I've seen of AA.

It looks exactly like OFP (in regards to HUDS, Crosshair, etc.). I'm wondering if Bohemia got rights from Codies and this is OFP2? I've checked all over Codies' forums and can't find anything to say it is. Everything says the contrary.

Oh well, regardless, I can't wait to see how well it runs on my two 8800GTS! W00T!!! :D

Redeemed
11-07-06, 03:52 PM
You know, I didn't notice any cloud shadows, nor shadows for items such as trees or grass. I'm hoping that these will be in the final version, that would be so sweet.

Even if those details don't make it to the retail version, I can't wait to get a copy of this game, it'll rock! I'm actually anticipating this nearly as much as I am Crysis! :D :D :D

*Goes and installs OFP and all Expansion Packs*

:)

agentkay
11-07-06, 06:53 PM

No, apparently the Czech version is scheduled a week or two before the German release (on Nov. 30). I think the English version is a or two week after the German release. AA doesnīt have a single wordwide publisher, actually it has in almost every country itīs own publisher.

Bottle
11-08-06, 10:46 AM
ArmA will be released to the rest of Europe by 505 Games. The release date has not been finalised except for a general statement that it will be in Q1 2007. So unless the German release has a way to put English text into it (as Morphicon have already stated it will be purely German language), there will be no English version for a few months :thumbdwn: Absolutely no news yet on a US distributor, so you may have to wait 6 months+ to find it in US stores.

Gaco
11-08-06, 11:13 AM
wtf?

no hype, no media attention, no advertisement campaign, no screenshots or trailers being widely released, no focus on the game in any way and suddenly gold?! :confused:

Well I'll be damned, looking foward to reviews! :)

g133k
11-08-06, 03:50 PM
Armed Assualt is developed by Bohemia. It is in no way OFP2. I hate to say this.

Codies owns the rights to OFP and OFP2. Since Codies and Bohemial refuse to kiss and make up, we will only see an actual OFP2 when Codies decides to put one out.

Regardless, I've been looking forward to AA for the longest time. I'll definitely be getting a copy as soon as I can.

Great news! :D :D :D

hang him short !!! :thumbdwn:

:D

g133k
11-08-06, 03:51 PM
wtf?

no hype, no media attention, no advertisement campaign, no screenshots or trailers being widely released, no focus on the game in any way and suddenly gold?! :confused:

Well I'll be damned, looking foward to reviews! :)

hey let them ! it's a 1337 game , it will be entirely for us :D

Redeemed
11-08-06, 05:07 PM
hang him short !!! :thumbdwn:

:D

I apologise if you are a Codies fan.

I used to be, untill this whole OFP2 debacle.

Well, atleats Bohemia came through with something for the OFP fans. Regardless of how long I have to wait, I'm getting AA. :D

Vik1dk
12-02-06, 01:22 PM
Downloading right now, german version tho but thats not a problem, a german to english patch is out :)

natan
12-03-06, 01:20 PM
I apologise if you are a Codies fan.

I used to be, untill this whole OFP2 debacle.

Well, atleats Bohemia came through with something for the OFP fans. Regardless of how long I have to wait, I'm getting AA. :D

it was about the "it is in no way OFP2".
of course , codies sucks. i hope BI will sell a lot of box, and codies eat their ****

agentkay
12-03-06, 07:16 PM
The game is still very much like OPF. Very little has changed gameplay wise but it surely looks pretty. The game is still very "beta" and has some issues with AI, sound and performance. I play it maxxed out with a view distance of 7km (from 10km max.) at 1280x1024 (16AF, 4AA) and it can dip into the 20s when certain trees and grass are rendered in full size but overall the average should be around 40-60fps.

tacos4me
12-03-06, 07:19 PM
I've been playing all day. I used the German to English patch as well. Game runs like ass though, even on my 8800. It's horrible. :(

agentkay
12-03-06, 07:38 PM
I've been playing all day. I used the German to English patch as well. Game runs like ass though, even on my 8800. It's horrible. :(

Did you patch to 1.01? The german version (1.0) had extremely horrible performance, single digits at times at certain view angles. The patch helped a lot performance wise and made an unplayable game playable/enjoyable.

Apparently the download version already includes the patch but I will still post two mirrors incase somebody needs it.

ftp://armed-assault.net/patches/Arma_GermanPatch_101.zip
http://www.morphicon.de/stuff/arma/Arma_GermanPatch_101.zip

tacos4me
12-03-06, 10:12 PM
Yeah, it's patched and I'm still barely getting 20fps in most places with settings on medium. :thumbdwn:

Vik1dk
12-04-06, 07:05 AM
This game still needs some work but could be a very good game.
Sounds(openAl) are a little fked, chopper sound like its hoovering right over you and its like 1 or 2 miles away and so on
Performance isnt as you say to good but playable 1280x1024 2xAA 8xAF
One thing i noticed, it installes in "program files" and not "program files(x86)"so it must have true 64 bit support right?

Vik1dk
12-04-06, 08:06 AM
does it have starforce?
No:)

rudedog
12-04-06, 08:07 AM
I read the German version has starforce

sAnt@
12-04-06, 08:08 AM
does it have starforce?

Czech version = Starforce
German version = Securom

MaXThReAT
12-04-06, 08:44 AM
An awesome new TrackIR video is aval for ArmA. I can't wait to be flying around in a heli looking all around or driving or riding in a jeep or tank, it's what BF2 should have been. I'm not going to spoil myself with the Czech or German versions. They're basically alpha so I'll take performance with a grain of salt ATM... I'll wait till the final US release in 07. (nana2) Actually where did you buy/DL the game at I can't wait after watching it a few times.

http://media.naturalpoint.com/video/gamedemo/trackir_768.wmv
It looks like it's playing pretty smooth but who know what settings it's at.

Blade
12-04-06, 09:42 AM
http://www.armedassault.org/

For german to English patch & download links for full game.

agentkay
12-04-06, 09:58 AM
Czech version = Starforce
German version = Securom

Exactly! :clap: