PDA

View Full Version : Gamestop is a joke

Pages : [1] 2

Zelda_fan
11-07-06, 03:04 PM
So I walked into a gamestop today. I knew they weren't taking pre-orders for the Wii or Zelda, but I asked anyway, and of course they weren't taking pre-orders. I then asked if they would get any extra come launch day, and they said they only had enough to fill the pre-orders. What a ****ing joke.

This isn't a PS3 launch. Nintendo is pushing 4 million Wii's between launch and Christmas, and Gamestop (a store DEDICATED to video gaming) can't even get their act together to have a couple more units past launch.

What is the point of Gamestop/EB/etc even existing? Best Buy/Wallmart has better prices, and they also will actually carry the system come launch. Pitiful.

toxikneedle
11-07-06, 03:07 PM
So I walked into a gamestop today. I knew they weren't taking pre-orders for the Wii or Zelda, but I asked anyway, and of course they weren't taking pre-orders. I then asked if they would get any extra come launch day, and they said they only had enough to fill the pre-orders. What a ****ing joke.

This isn't a PS3 launch. Nintendo is pushing 4 million Wii's between launch and Christmas, and Gamestop (a store DEDICATED to video gaming) can't even get their act together to have a couple more units past launch.

What is the point of Gamestop/EB/etc even existing? Best Buy/Wallmart has better prices, and they also will actually carry the system come launch. Pitiful.
Wait why not just go to the nintendo store instead of gamestop?

ENU291
11-07-06, 03:30 PM
Zelda_fan is banned from the Nintendo store! An employee caught him doing naughty things to the pikachu display in the corner! :naughty: :D

Zelda_fan
11-07-06, 03:31 PM
Wait why not just go to the nintendo store instead of gamestop?

that's probably what I'm going to do, but I just think it's dumb that gamestop can't even get more Wii's than what was allocated for pre-orders

Bad_Boy
11-07-06, 03:40 PM
oh, the irony if Zelda_fan doesnt get a Wii. lol

lol just ****ing with ya, I'm sure ya will get one. 2 million Wii's on day one is a lot better than I have to deal with 500k PS3's on day one. (thank god I have mine preordered)

nekrosoft13
11-07-06, 03:42 PM
i hate gamestop and now gamestops bastard chip (EB).

last time i bought a game from gamestop(well tried) was Colin McRae Rally 2005. I had it on pre-order for about 3 months.

On release date, i stoped by and they told that it got delayed, i said ok, i waited about a week, and called gamestop, i was told that it was comming in few days. I decided to call Best Buy, and asked them when would Colin 2005 come in. Sale person was like come in? We have it for the past 4-5 days. :|

I was stunned. Drove to Best Buy bought the game, and forgot to cancel gamestop "pre-order" about 8 days later I get a phone call that my game is ready for pick-up!!

I said to myself, NEVER AGAIN!!

toxikneedle
11-07-06, 03:42 PM
that's probably what I'm going to do, but I just think it's dumb that gamestop can't even get more Wii's than what was allocated for pre-orders
Yeah gamestop is dumb, but living in NYC... I'd just go straight to the nintendo store and ignore EB and Gamestop, they're more second-hand.

Quickstar
11-07-06, 06:46 PM

Economics.

ralinn
11-07-06, 07:47 PM
I had this email today...

Dear Customer,

Due to a European shortage of the Nintendo Wii Consoles, we regret to inform you that Play.com will be unable to supply your pre-ordered Nintendo Wii at launch. As an Official distributor of Nintendo products we are guaranteed more stock before Christmas, but Nintendo have informed us, along with all other official Nintendo retailers, that the console will not be freely available until next year.

All pre-orders will be fulfilled on a first come, first served basis and we will fulfil your order as soon as we can.

If you no longer wish to keep your pre-order with Play.com please login to your account and remove the item from your Outstanding Orders.

Kind Regards

PLAY.COM

I went "D:".

Bearclaw
11-07-06, 09:02 PM
I have always enjoyed gamestop simply because before I got into PC gaming I bought a lot of used console games there and they were always dirt cheap. I like it when they have the 3 DVD's for 10 bucks too. That sale is always awesome.

|MaguS|
11-07-06, 09:11 PM
That sale is always awesome.

So true, I often spend $100 on DVDs when it comes up...

I don't mind Gamestop and EB, The guys near my job are pretty kool and we often shoot the **** since their store is slow.

Bearclaw
11-07-06, 09:31 PM
So true, I often spend $100 on DVDs when it comes up...

QFT. When I see the sale or the sign for 3/10 or whatever it happens to be I will swerve across 3 or 4 lanes of traffic if need be to get to the store haha. There are always aweosme movies too.

shungokusatsu
11-07-06, 10:22 PM
Hehe, I posted this in the Zelda forum you created with the new videos. All EB/GS's are sold out. They have a giant ass disclaimer on their site stating it, been like that for almost a week. You still have walmart and best buy, they'll have copies.

Zelda_fan
11-07-06, 10:23 PM
Hehe, I posted this in the Zelda forum you created with the new videos. All EB/GS's are sold out. They have a giant ass disclaimer on their site stating it, been like that for almost a week. You still have walmart and best buy, they'll have copies.

I'm not worried that I won't get a copy, I'm just saying that Gamestop is a worthless franchise. You would think that since they specialize in gaming, that they above all other stores, would have the most consoles etc, but no, best buy etc has them.

shungokusatsu
11-07-06, 10:28 PM
I'm not worried that I won't get a copy, I'm just saying that Gamestop is a worthless franchise. You would think that since they specialize in gaming, that they above all other stores, would have the most consoles etc, but no, best buy etc has them.
I'm pissed off myself. I just blew $1900 on 30 games at Eb, and $1800 on consoles. They lead me on all week telling me they were getting Gears of War today, then called 30 mins ago saying it's delayed till tomorrow or wednesday. I'm furious right now.

NaitoSan
11-07-06, 10:33 PM
Sadly I agree ever since Software ETC or Babbage went under or was it bought by EB? Anyway, in old times, EB used to be awesome, you could find great deals and great service. I stopped visiting their store because prices' are pretty high, jackass workers, more than half of store is filled with used games (and sometime overpriced) and I hate the fact that they take CD/DVD out of cases until you buy it, they'll insert CD/DVD back in. I'm a neat freak and I like to buy new game (not used) that isn't opened... I'm sure it sounds silly to some of you.

BestBuy or Frys are now my favorite place to shop for games. :) Once a while I order stuff from Gamestop/EB online.

Arioch
11-07-06, 10:41 PM
The manager at my local EBgames is pretty cool and knows his console stuff pretty well.

Zelda_fan
11-07-06, 10:46 PM
I'm pissed off myself. I just blew $1900 on 30 games at Eb, and $1800 on consoles. They lead me on all week telling me they were getting Gears of War today, then called 30 mins ago saying it's delayed till tomorrow or wednesday. I'm furious right now.

huh? How did you spend $3700 on games and consoles just to get Gears of War?

slick
11-07-06, 11:08 PM

Do you urinate currency or something?

shungokusatsu
11-07-06, 11:12 PM
huh? How did you spend $3700 on games and consoles just to get Gears of War?
No, I pre-ordered all the titles I wanted at one time, I gave them a nice phatty list. I figured with all the money and dedication I've given them, they could at least give me the correct information instead of giving me blue balls.

Bearclaw
11-07-06, 11:15 PM
Do you urinate currency or something?
Same thing I was thinking...wow

shungokusatsu
11-07-06, 11:28 PM
Same thing I was thinking...wow
Lol, no. I collect games and consoles.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/ragingdemon/gameroom.jpg

Bearclaw
11-07-06, 11:29 PM

Holy ****, that is amazing....very cool.

|MaguS|
11-07-06, 11:40 PM

Im the same way but imagine all that stuffed in boxes and in my parents attic.

Brimstone7
11-08-06, 12:04 AM
What's up with having 2 of every system?