PDA

View Full Version : Call of Juarez

Blacklash
11-07-06, 04:59 PM
You guys seen this? Might be interesting.

http://www.coj-game.com/

Lfctony
11-07-06, 05:03 PM
Cool, CoJ is a great game. US people should jump right on it. Nice find man.

OWA
11-07-06, 05:10 PM
Cool, I guess I don't have to wait for it be released in the US. Thanks for the link.

Bearclaw
11-07-06, 05:15 PM
I bought it off gogamer a while back. I didn't even realize it wasn't released in the US yet.

I would say overall its a great western. Not exactley free roam like I had thought it was but it turned out being a really fun game. Lot's of cool features and the graphics are good too.

thenerdguy
11-07-06, 06:07 PM
Ebayed me a copy and Ill will say that I am now part of the volunteer Techland viral marketing campain!. :)

Buy the game! Buy the game.

SH0DAN
11-07-06, 06:11 PM
I bought it off gogamer a while back. I didn't even realize it wasn't released in the US yet.

I would say overall its a great western. Not exactley free roam like I had thought it was but it turned out being a really fun game. Lot's of cool features and the graphics are good too.

Whats performance like ? and does it support widescreen resolutions ? I
wonder what it will run like on my system ?

Bearclaw
11-07-06, 06:26 PM
Whats performance like ? and does it support widescreen resolutions ? I
wonder what it will run like on my system ?
It ran like a hot knife through butter on my system. You will be fine. Performamce was always great for me. Load times for the new episodes took a while for me (45-60 seconds) but other than that it ran great.

I am not sure if it supports widescreen. I think it does but not sure. I will check for you.

I would suggest the game, it is a really good game. I enjoyed playing it. Although, it is kind of on the short side. :thumbdwn:

raystorm
11-07-06, 06:47 PM
Yes it supports widescreen. I liked the game and at times the game looks stunning and it has a fantastic depth of field effect. The only thing I really didn't care for was the sneaking portions with Billy. Would have been better if it was all bow and arrow gameplay with Billy as he is a native american character. The Reverend Ray levels are gold.

Mr. Hunt
11-07-06, 06:56 PM
This game owns... But I like 99% of anything with a Western theme :\.

Rayman1968
11-07-06, 08:26 PM
You guys seen this? Might be interesting.

http://www.coj-game.com/

I bought it through the site and am downloading now. You have to download 3 separate files, and the downloads are fairly slow. The first file is downloading at 135 KB/Sec, and the second and third files are downloading at 265 KB/Sec (first two are 650 megs, the third is 618). This is on an 8 meg cable connection.

The first file is an executable, the other two are rar's.

crainger
11-07-06, 09:23 PM
I loved it. Those guys and their Chrome Engine are hugely underrated.

Bearclaw
11-07-06, 09:30 PM
I loved it. Those guys and their Chrome Engine are hugely underrated.
Ya, the only reason I bought it was because crainger mentioned it to me a while back so I got it. I loved it.

crainger
11-07-06, 10:56 PM
Bearclaw is my minion.

Bearclaw
11-07-06, 11:00 PM
Bearclaw is my minion.
As long as I am not Gib's minion like you!!!! :captnkill:

sillyeagle
11-07-06, 11:43 PM
I have the demo and was getting like 15 fps in the wooded area. I stopped playing after a few minutes.

Bearclaw
11-07-06, 11:57 PM
I have the demo and was getting like 15 fps in the wooded area. I stopped playing after a few minutes.
Are you serious? I had no problems with it. That's odd.

Saintster
11-08-06, 12:39 AM
I got my copy from newegg last week. It's a fun game. I had some lag issues but that was from outdated xfi drivers. Runs great.

Becoming
11-08-06, 03:44 AM

Same here, but worry not the full version runs MUCH better. The sp demo was a pile of sloppy code and it's night and day compared with the final product.