PDA

View Full Version : Saw Wii in person today

d2thez
11-07-06, 07:28 PM
So I was just at the local EB about an hour ago to see if they had the 360 HD DVD add-on and what do I find instead.......the Nintendo Wii kiosk loaded with a HD widescreen Samsung LCD and the console itself standing vertically. However, because they didn't have controllers yet, it wasn't functional.

I wanted to state though that when you see the Wii in person, you realize just how small it really is. But it sure is sleek.

Marvel_us
11-07-06, 10:03 PM
So I was just at the local EB about an hour ago to see if they had the 360 HD DVD add-on and what do I find instead.......the Nintendo Wii kiosk loaded with a HD widescreen Samsung LCD and the console itself standing vertically. However, because they didn't have controllers yet, it wasn't functional.

I wanted to state though that when you see the Wii in person, you realize just how small it really is. But it sure is sleek.

Saw it yesterday at EB, wasn't connected yet so whatever.

Bearclaw
11-07-06, 11:17 PM
That's cool, I've only seen pictures and online ****. My roomate is going the launch night and trying to get one.

Peoples-Agent
11-08-06, 12:15 AM
My bro works at Game, and apparently Nintendo are paying them to put Wii's and WIFI hotspots in all their stores, so people can go in with their DS' and play online / against each other. Very cool idea, and good way to get folks into the shop.

Mr. Hunt
11-08-06, 12:31 AM
The systems might have been hooked up... when I played it you had to give your ID to the cashiers so you they could let you walk around with the remote... so try that next time you are in there and enjoy Excite Truck in all its crappy controlling ways.

Bearclaw
11-08-06, 12:35 AM
The systems might have been hooked up... when I played it you had to give your ID to the cashiers so you they could let you walk around with the remote... so try that next time you are in there and enjoy Excite Truck in all its crappy controlling ways.
Hahaha, crappy controlling...