PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Neverwinter Nights 2 Benchmarks on G80?

Pages : [1] 2

Tygerwoody
11-08-06, 03:49 PM
Who's going to step up to the plate and benchmark this horribly optimized game? It ran terrible on my old 7950GX2 and pretty much the lowest settings. How is it on the G80?

Odral
11-08-06, 03:50 PM
Or Gothic 3 ^_^

AstroCat
11-08-06, 04:07 PM
I'll be testing NWN2 tonight, I hope it rocks over my x1900xtx. :)

hemmy
11-08-06, 04:09 PM
i agree that 7950 is old :o

Tygerwoody
11-08-06, 04:17 PM
Or Gothic 3 ^_^
yea gothic 3 is another. I'd actually say Gothic 3 is coded even worse than NWN2, which almost seems impossible.

J-Mag
11-08-06, 04:21 PM
Sounds like the shadows were killing everyone on NWN2. THe G80's new Z-Buffer / Culling techniques benefit that arena.

Cyant
11-08-06, 05:01 PM
Can't wait to try Vanguard - Saga of Heroes with this GTX beast I ordered. But yeah NWN will be nice to see with with all those extra vertex shading power.

Tygerwoody
11-08-06, 05:04 PM
Can't wait to try Vanguard - Saga of Heroes with this GTX beast I ordered. But yeah NWN will be nice to see with with all those extra vertex shading power.
I *hear* Vanguard runs like crap as well. Too bad we can't ask someone to benchmark it. *whistles while looking around*

AstroCat
11-08-06, 07:38 PM
Running NWN2:

AMD 4000+
2 gig RAM
Asus A8N-SLI Premium
evga 8800GTX (used to have x1900xtx)
Augidy 2zs

Driver settings:
AF-app
AA-app
AA-Gamma-on
AT-T-off
Force mipmaps-Trilinear
LOD Bias-Clamp
Texture Filtering-HQ
TB-on
Vsync-Use 3d

In the first Neverwinter city docks area I used to get 20-30fps in docks with shadows medium, no water effects. And, the shadows had horrible ATI corruption.(confirmed ATI issue)
Now I get 20-30fps with FULL shadows and no image corruption at all. Still can't turn on water effects.

I think my processor is holding me back. Any other have info to report? :)

|MaguS|
11-08-06, 07:41 PM
I *hear* Vanguard runs like crap as well. Too bad we can't ask someone to benchmark it. *whistles while looking around*

I will try on Friday. ;)

**** the NDA, We need to see what this card can do...

AstroCat, That doesn't sound right. My current rig can max NWN1 out with AA and AF without hitting such low numbers.

Odral
11-08-06, 07:42 PM

I'am currently in beta but havent played for a while just so busy. I would have to update the game maybe I will do that tonight while waiting for the card to arrive tomorrow.

AstroCat
11-08-06, 07:45 PM
I'm running NWN2, not NWN1. :) Edited my post to reflect this.

|MaguS|
11-08-06, 07:46 PM
I'm running NWN2, not NWN1. :)

ooooh thought you were talking about the original since you didn't say it was the sequel.

AstroCat
11-08-06, 07:47 PM
Hehehe, that would be bad! :) Sorry 'bout that.

queth
11-08-06, 07:52 PM
I'am currently in beta but havent played for a while just so busy. I would have to update the game maybe I will do that tonight while waiting for the card to arrive tomorrow.

VG needs work, alot,.... DDO WAS more fun than VG and VG is made by the people who made the game i loved for 5 years, EQ.

|MaguS|
11-08-06, 07:53 PM
DDO was fun but got old, FAST.

Tygerwoody
11-08-06, 07:58 PM
I love how Vanguard is seemingly one of the only games in the history of MMO's that people out in the open talk about it just so they can say "it sucks". Noone cares about the NDA because its so bad.

So i guess i'll come out in the open as well. For now, Vanguard Sucks! Man that felt good

queth
11-08-06, 08:03 PM
rofl.
it had so much potential. i wantred hardcore like eq was when it was released. scared to run across a zone or risk losing the body etc....
now its all about ease of use or accessability guidlines for the retarded.

queth
11-08-06, 08:04 PM
DDO was fun but got old, FAST.
would have loved it to have some content. what is it about dnd games? other than bioware and mid 80s games they all are made by developers who suck.

Cyant
11-08-06, 08:18 PM
I actualy like Vanguard, I think WoW is too easy. And yes Vanguard performance suck... of course it suck because the client have full debug tools running all the time. It will run better and better as the beta progress and when they disable the debug code.

Dazz
11-08-06, 08:26 PM
Running NWN2:
I think my processor is holding me back. Any other have info to report? :)
Might want to look into overclocking.

nrdstrm
11-08-06, 08:33 PM

"SOMEONE" I know will try tonight, and send PMs to interested parties...at least thats what I hear...His specs are VERY similar to mine but he has a brand new 8800GTX :)

queth
11-08-06, 08:37 PM
I actualy like Vanguard, I think WoW is too easy. And yes Vanguard performance suck... of course it suck because the client have full debug tools running all the time. It will run better and better as the beta progress and when they disable the debug code.

i wonder about this. i have never seen a mmorpg use the unreal engine and run smooth. debug code is a very lame excuse when it comes to performance. there needs to be an insane amount of extra code per frame for the performance its giving.

EQ2 was a stutter fest on a 6800 ultra a big reason i quit. all that hype to buy a 6800 for it and it stuttered.
vg is way worse and some of the graphics literally give me a headache such as the rockways in tursh.

DDO performed great in every way fps/audio wise.

and the excuses about it not running on vista are pethetic can run games 10 years old on vista.....

J-Mag
11-08-06, 08:55 PM
rofl.
it had so much potential. i wantred hardcore like eq was when it was released. scared to run across a zone or risk losing the body etc....
now its all about ease of use or accessability guidlines for the retarded.

Man that reminds me when I played EQ back in the day. There was this one dungeon where I fell through a level, where everything was way more powerful than me. Obviously I lost everying and there was no way I could get it back. Even though it sucked, I felt more attached to the game...
Your fear actually results in a physical state change like rapid hear rate. It is an adrenaline rush, ya know?

MMO's are getting too tame these days.

I hate to go on a tangent, but anyone know of an MMO where you risk loosing your equipment?

Blacklash
11-08-06, 08:57 PM
Well if someone does test it, have them try the swamp area with max viewing distance from their character.