PDA

View Full Version : Shafted by Zip Zoom Fly

MicroZ28
11-08-06, 03:52 PM
Ordered the XFX 8800GTX from ZZF for $599.99 order went through email confirmation etc. waiting for shipping confirmation then get an email from ZZF saying the XFX was no longer in stock and they had to cancel my orderr:thumbdwn: Telling me to go back to the website and find a similar item so i do and low and behold the XFX 8800GTX is still in stock:captnkill: So I call them to see what is going on and the rep tells me that oh yeah they are in stock but i would have to reorder at the $649.99 price instead of the original $599.99 LMAO says nothing he can do.So i told him they just lost a longtime customer over $50.00 Just thought I would let everyone know.:thumbdwn:

DaveW
11-08-06, 03:58 PM
Thats sucks, im sitting here hoping my Newegg order goes through. Ofcourse they charged my card already...

stevemedes
11-08-06, 04:00 PM
Ordered the XFX 8800GTX from ZZF for $599.99 order went through email confirmation etc. waiting for shipping confirmation then get an email from ZZF saying the XFX was no longer in stock and they had to cancel my orderr:thumbdwn: Telling me to go back to the website and find a similar item so i do and low and behold the XFX 8800GTX is still in stock:captnkill: So I call them to see what is going on and the rep tells me that oh yeah they are in stock but i would have to reorder at the $649.99 price instead of the original $599.99 LMAO says nothing he can do.So i told him they just lost a longtime customer over $50.00 Just thought I would let everyone know.:thumbdwn:

Damn dude, that is some of the biggest BS i've ever heard. "Oh yeah theyre in stock but have to reorder at $650"... WOW... This almost sounds illegal. Not honoring their prices?

MicroZ28
11-08-06, 04:01 PM
Now i get an email from them saying my Paypal account will not be refunded until 5-7 days:thumbdwn: Thats the money i set aside for this purchase:argue: Going to have to call back and talk to someone who knows whats going on.Im extremely pi--ed!!!!!!!!!!!!!No more orders from me with ZZF

Tygerwoody
11-08-06, 04:02 PM
Thats why I ONLY buy from NewEgg. All other companies are just second rate. I guarantee you if that were to happen with NewEgg they would honor their price.

mike686
11-08-06, 04:04 PM
Thats sucks, im sitting here hoping my Newegg order goes through. Ofcourse they charged my card already...

I bet they are absolutely swamped with orders today.

Ruaviator
11-08-06, 04:06 PM
Yep, same thing happened to me. I called them and got the same response, they couldn't do anything about it. I'm pissed

Bearclaw
11-08-06, 04:06 PM
Damn dude, that is some of the biggest BS i've ever heard. "Oh yeah theyre in stock but have to reorder at $650"... WOW... This almost sounds illegal. Not honoring their prices?
Ya thats ****ing bull****...don't give them anymore business.

Blacklash
11-08-06, 04:10 PM
Well if Newegg runs out ClubIT has the EVGA 8800GTX for the same price 659:

http://www.clubit.com/product_detail.cfm?itemno=A9602827#

You can save 10 bucks by going PNY @ newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814133187

Sorry ZZF screwed you. The kid I talked to there yesterday sounded absolutely clueless.

jodiuh
11-08-06, 05:21 PM
Same thing happened to me. I had a bad feeling about it since I saw the price to up to $650 after purchasing. No matter, picked up an EVGA GTX from Fry's on my lunch. $700 after tax, but I had a $50 Gift Cert...AND the ability to return at a moments notice. ZZF doesn't allow returns on big ticket items.

noko
11-08-06, 08:09 PM
Step 1 at NewEgg, eVga version, fingers crossed :headbang:

stevemedes
11-08-06, 08:15 PM
Hey Micro, you got a EVGA GTO now? Why not step up from that to a G80?

hemmy
11-08-06, 09:07 PM
You should read:

ZipZoomfly attempts to be as accurate as possible in our content and pricing; however, we cannot guarantee that product descriptions/specifications, pricing or any other content on the site is accurate, complete, or current. In the event that a product is listed at an incorrect price due to typographical, informational, technical or other error, ZipZoomfly shall have the right to refuse or cancel any order for that product. In addition, links to product reviews and quotes taken out of product reviews found throughout the site are intended to provide visitors with additional information and professional opinion. However, due to the industry's fast pace, reviews can become outdated and should not be considered a substitute for doing one's own research. Further, the product reviewed is often times sent to them directly from the manufacturer as a preproduction or demo unit. The unit they had tested and reviewed may include accessories, specifications, or other bundled components not included in the retail or final version of the product.

You didn't get shafted, the probably re-entered the correct price into their computer and deleted the 599.99 version, which made the computer think it was out of stock, and then the updated 649.99 likely showed up on your search.

jodiuh
11-08-06, 09:12 PM
Doesn't make it any less dissappointing when you get the "no can do" email. :(

Bearclaw
11-08-06, 09:15 PM
You should read:

ZipZoomfly attempts to be as accurate as possible in our content and pricing; however, we cannot guarantee that product descriptions/specifications, pricing or any other content on the site is accurate, complete, or current. In the event that a product is listed at an incorrect price due to typographical, informational, technical or other error, ZipZoomfly shall have the right to refuse or cancel any order for that product. In addition, links to product reviews and quotes taken out of product reviews found throughout the site are intended to provide visitors with additional information and professional opinion. However, due to the industry's fast pace, reviews can become outdated and should not be considered a substitute for doing one's own research. Further, the product reviewed is often times sent to them directly from the manufacturer as a preproduction or demo unit. The unit they had tested and reviewed may include accessories, specifications, or other bundled components not included in the retail or final version of the product.

You didn't get shafted, the probably re-entered the correct price into their computer and deleted the 599.99 version, which made the computer think it was out of stock, and then the updated 649.99 likely showed up on your search.

But still, even if it was an error, they should still give it to him for 599.99.

hemmy
11-08-06, 09:18 PM
Um...why. It was a pricing error and as it says:

"we cannot guarantee that product descriptions/specifications, pricing or any other content on the site is accurate, complete, or current. In the event that a product is listed at an incorrect price due to typographical, informational, technical or other error, ZipZoomfly shall have the right to refuse or cancel any order for that product."

It is business, no moral high ground

Maybe we can agree to disagree :)

OWA
11-08-06, 09:42 PM
I like ZZF but in this case, it doesn't seem right to me. $599.99 is the actual price of the card (the suggested retail price). What it seems like is that they saw everyone else charging $649.99 and decided they wanted to do the same thing after people had already ordered.

Most of the time, that disclaimer is for mistakes where they ask for less than suggested retail by mistake.

Bearclaw
11-08-06, 09:46 PM
Um...why. It was a pricing error and as it says:

"we cannot guarantee that product descriptions/specifications, pricing or any other content on the site is accurate, complete, or current. In the event that a product is listed at an incorrect price due to typographical, informational, technical or other error, ZipZoomfly shall have the right to refuse or cancel any order for that product."

It is business, no moral high ground

Maybe we can agree to disagree :)
I understand it is business and no moral high ground but it will lose them cutomers in the end, just like we saw here.

MicroZ28
11-09-06, 04:08 AM
I agree exactly with OWA on this.I know that to be the case,they saw other sites getting $659 for the cards so they cancelled my and others orders and told us they were out of stock.If you look still this morning the XFX is still showing in stock.The only one they had available yesterday that now shows out of stock is the BFG.:thumbdwn: But what i hate the most is that i cant get a refund to my paypal account for 5-7 days LMAO shows how dumb they really are if my money is in limbo with them that means i couldnt re-order with them if I wanted to:thumbdwn:What stinks about the whole thing is I always purchased from Newegg before but I live in Tennessee and they opened a distribution center in Tennessee so now if i order from them i have to pay sales tax,so I started ordering from ZZF and never had any problems with them until today.

klee
11-09-06, 05:52 AM
Zipzoom fly did the same thing to me. I purchased a 8800gtx (XFX) for $599.99, and the canceled my order and stated that the item was no longer in stock. I spoke with them and they FLAT OUT Lied!!! They Told me that they sold out due to pre-sales. I will never buy from them again.