PDA

View Full Version : ForceWare 97.02 (only for GF8800) and only 32bit, where are the 64bit version?

egandt
11-08-06, 06:13 PM
Hum, where are the 64bit drivers for the 8800 GTX, now I can get the Asus leaked 96.89 driver, but then an Official driver for XP x64 would be nice. How can they not release such a driver?, For that matter there are no Server2003 drivers either. Now I have a 8800 GTX on order for Friday and no drivers for my primary OS.

Am I the only one that thinks this is wrong?
ERIC

GOZ
11-08-06, 08:31 PM
Check the Tweaksrus forums I got a INF for the 93.71's 64 bit that has 8 series support.

Slammin
11-08-06, 08:57 PM
Hum, where are the 64bit drivers for the 8800 GTX, now I can get the Asus leaked 96.89 driver, but then an Official driver for XP x64 would be nice. How can they not release such a driver?, For that matter there are no Server2003 drivers either. Now I have a 8800 GTX on order for Friday and no drivers for my primary OS.

Am I the only one that thinks this is wrong?
ERIC

Wrong?

Where do YOU think the 64bit drivers are?

C'mon, 64bit is still not mainstream, and neither is Server2003.

Be patient. You have drivers that work, and just because a newer driver is released, there is no guarantee that the new driver will work better than what you are already running, and I'm sure you know this already.

I may be out of line, not knowing what your dissatisfaction is with the driver you are currently using, but just because you cannot use the new driver is not always a curse.

egandt
11-09-06, 05:08 AM
Be patient. You have drivers that work, and just because a newer driver is released, there is no guarantee that the new driver will work better than what you are already running, and I'm sure you know this already.

When I buy a peice of hardware for $650, I expect an official driver for my platform. Nvidia almost always comes out at the same time for both 32bit and 64bit systems, with a new product it does not seem to much to ask that they release an official driver. Yes I can use the 96.89 driver, and hope it works, but I really should not have to resort to a leaked beta driver.

ERIC

joelatino
11-09-06, 06:12 AM
When I buy a peice of hardware for $650, I expect an official driver for my platform. Nvidia almost always comes out at the same time for both 32bit and 64bit systems, with a new product it does not seem to much to ask that they release an official driver. Yes I can use the 96.89 driver, and hope it works, but I really should not have to resort to a leaked beta driver.

ERIC

quote!
also i'm await for new 64bit new drivers such win xp

bigjohns97
11-11-06, 12:10 AM
Having 4 gigs of ram in your system is reason alone to go with x64, and nvidia should be willing to accomodate considering their commitment to enthusiasts and all.

gold_roger
11-11-06, 02:44 AM
I totally agree with original poster, me being in the same boat. I love XP x64 edition. It's faster and much more stable than 32bit versions. On occasion older stuff does not work, but overall the newer stuff always does. Source games also run faster. With 96.89, I'm only getting 5300 on 3Dmark 06 (4200 with prior 7900GT) and getting weird graphic bugs with some games. Splinter cell 4 demo has black corrupted shadows everywhere, Tomb raider legend (w/ next gen) runs much smoother but my framerate still drops to the 20's'; IQ is better but small graphic bugs abound here and there. NFS Carbon runs faster but framerate is not consistent

It feels like the 96.89 betas are not pushing the card all the way. I wish Nvidia would have taken the time to create official UNIFIED 32/64 bit forceware drivers for the launch. As a enthusiast with cutting edge hardware and software, I feel a little bit neglected and miffed with not receiving official drivers on a $650 videocard purchase. Lack of Xp 64 support shows me that they are not catering to the hardcore enthusiast market.

I really do not think it's a problem with my system though. My only suspected problem being a 420 thermaltake PSU. It seems to be stable though, I only have one drive and one HD along with some case fans. So I think the 420 is just barely satisfying my 8800gtx's power requirements. I know, I know, I'm crazy for not having a bigger PSU; but I'm still deciding on which one to get.

mad_man
11-11-06, 04:12 AM
96.89 were unstable even with my 7900GT, so no surprise they are giving you bugs. I also encourage NVidia to get a x64 driver for 8800 out.