PDA

View Full Version : Too many ATI fanboys around here

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

solofly
02-25-03, 04:53 PM
I thought this place is mainly for nVidia fanboys...

volt
02-25-03, 05:01 PM
It is, but since the FX reviews it grew probably 300% heh

-=DVS=-
02-25-03, 05:10 PM
As long as Rage3D have Nvidiots trolling around , NvNews will have FanATIcs as simple as that :D :p

Its cycle of life ;)

SavagePaladin
02-25-03, 05:21 PM
Fanatics of all manufacturers are summed up in one simple easy to remember word: 'irritating'

I like AMD and NV, personally, but I'm not going to go tell everyone they're morons because they don't....(maybe they just want to start fights)

digitalwanderer
02-25-03, 05:31 PM
I think it's just that nVidia strung people along so much and are bombing so hard with the FX Ultra that it's pulling all the repressed resentment out of the woodwork.

It ain't just the ATI fanboys bichting about nVidia right now, the majority of the nVidia faithful I know are pretty honked off with nVidia too right now and are just as guilty of poking fun. ;)

It's an event, a "happening". Heck, you could even call it history in the making and not be too far off the mark! I can see people 5 years from now comparing nVidia right now to some bad release in the future.

Let's face it, this is a graphics card industry disaster of epic proportions for our times and it really is showing a change in the graphics world.

It's not just the FX, it's a changing of the guard. I really feel this is gonna go down as the point in time when ATI took the crown from nVidia in all aspects of the graphic field. :) I could easily be wrong, but talking to people about it and getting their opinions is something I enjoy doing.

I'm not just a fanboy, I'm a very sarcastic cyber-historian-in-training. ;)

MuFu
02-25-03, 05:51 PM
Angry nVidia fanboys != ATi fanboys. :eek:

MuFu.

SavagePaladin
02-25-03, 06:13 PM
I'm a cynic when it comes to humans. Which is why this whole thing only amuses me.

kyleb
02-25-03, 06:30 PM
im a nice videocard fanboy:

http://www.sunflower.com/~jfrost/vcards.jpg

my last 3 cards, all were the best card for my purposes at the time. i could care less who makes what, i just like nice videocards. that said i do get pissed off when a company tries to slide by on its reputation and pull devious crap like the whole 4x2 thing. nvidia has made many great products and i hope to see plety more but i am not ever going to be an nvidiot.

http://www.sunflower.com/~jfrost/notanvidiot.gif

ReDeeMeR
02-25-03, 06:48 PM
yeah what he ^ said, and LOL @ the pic :D

borntosoul
02-25-03, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by solofly
I thought this place is mainly for nVidia fanboys...
why do you feel confortable in a place where everyone worships the one god hehe . how boring that would be for all of us here ! im glad we got people with different views (fanatics who follow any company excluded) im partial to nvidia but damn ill give credit to any comany who can pull off a great card .

Kruno
02-25-03, 09:32 PM
Hey, look at my video card. :cool:
I still think a Geforce 3 is still an excellent card for games. :)

SavagePaladin
02-25-03, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Hellbinder

Biggest contribution to Graphics is the last 10 years..
I'd guess they were only really speaking of the shader support.

And you know the card would be so much more impressive if it wasn't so incredibly late.

gokickrocks
02-26-03, 12:36 AM
regarding the whole "being late" argument...wouldnt it "being late" benefit the consumer? due to the delay, it allowed people to see how it compared with its competitor...if the nv30 was the final product and came out around the r300 and you purchased it, wouldnt you be disgruntled that you received an inferior product that you probably would have paid $100+ more for?

SavagePaladin
02-26-03, 01:14 AM
Not really IMO.

As some of the NVnews team has commented on, Nvidia has a history of nice driver upgrading on new architectures.

Sazar
02-26-03, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by SavagePaladin
Not really IMO.

As some of the NVnews team has commented on, Nvidia has a history of nice driver upgrading on new architectures.

?

the gf3- gf4 lineup is basically one long lineup of the SAME gpu optimized in certain ways but for all intents and purposes having the same core...

how is driver updates for this lineup over a long period of time (close to 2 years or so) and the fact that game developers spend a little extra time writing for nvidia products equate to nice driver upgrading ?

nvidia is right where it should be with drivers given the time their products have been out...

also... the card would have seemed more impressive (the non oc'd version) had the 9700pro not hit the market and performed better than expected...

Darth Rancid
02-26-03, 01:36 AM
I see kyleb still has those annoyingly noisy fans on his Voodoo5! :)

Mine does fine with only passive cooling.... passive Blue Orbs works great.

Back on topic, I agree with digitalwanderer, this FX buissness is history in the making, very short time history, but still history.
When nVidia recovers and regains the crown, lets say NV45 or 50, people will say that nVidia managed to recover where 3dfx didn't :)

zakelwe
02-26-03, 02:31 AM
Even the Ati fanboys are now almost apologetic ... :) no point savaging a sheep once it's dead.

There's going to be less fun until nv40 spanks R400, R450 and r500 ;) Then nvidiots will once again stalk the dark and cold wastes of rage3d like the mighty hero's of old.

or sumthink.

silence
02-26-03, 02:32 AM
hehe...nice arguments around here.......all i can say i try to dig some of my first posts,speaking of nvidiots:o ,i was so hyped about FX that i didn't even think,but as i started to gather info and as Nvidia started to launch more and more PR BS,my posts become less pro-NV.

i still think FX is not-so-bad ,i can't say great anymore(not after whole 4x2 business), product and there is still possibility that i might buy one........

after getting all the info lately i know i will think twice before giving my money to some1 for my next card......instead of blindly buying nvidia product,i'll look at price/performance ratio and decide based on that compared to my needs (as fast as i can get for money i gonna have ;) )

maybe this whole thing is good,cause many ppl will start using their heads before shopping for next card instead just going for brand name like *caugh* nvidia *caugh*.

zakelwe
02-26-03, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by silence
hehe...nice arguments around here.......all i can say i try to dig some of my first posts,speaking of nvidiots:o ,i was so hyped about FX that i didn't even think,but as i started to gather info and as Nvidia started to launch more and more PR BS,my posts become less pro-NV.

i still think FX is not-so-bad ,i can't say great anymore(not after whole 4x2 business), product and there is still possibility that i might buy one........

after getting all the info lately i know i will think twice before giving my money to some1 for my next card......instead of blindly buying nvidia product,i'll look at price/performance ratio and decide based on that compared to my needs (as fast as i can get for money i gonna have ;) )

maybe this whole thing is good,cause many ppl will start using their heads before shopping for next card instead just going for brand name like *caugh* nvidia *caugh*.

Nice post silence. I noticed your posts had calmed down from before. As have mine !

Mind you, with the specs of the card who could have thought it would be so poor? It was an exciting product and unfortunately the specs made the hype seem OK.

To be honest it still spanks the R9700 at 1280x1024 /1600 x 1200 non AA/AF and that's probably enough for most people with small 19 inch monitors and actually playing a game rather than looking at the jaggies :)

Except it's so expensive of course. if they made it 150 rather than 250 for the non Ultra. I think I might still be tempted ( not sure what the dollar prices are ).

SavagePaladin
02-26-03, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by Sazar
?

the gf3- gf4 lineup is basically one long lineup of the SAME gpu optimized in certain ways but for all intents and purposes having the same core...

I was speaking of the gf1 and the gf3, although technically they were all based on the geforce core

(man, so what the hell do I call the geforceFX core if I still call the old ones...guess I just answered my own question)

silence
02-26-03, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by zakelwe
Nice post silence. I noticed your posts had calmed down from before. As have mine !

thnx to nvidia.......they are the ones that chilled,cooled and calmed them :D ;) :D ....me still pretty hot-headed:angel:

virtute71
02-26-03, 04:23 AM
If I list you all the nvidia cards I've owned (several), my last being my Geforce 3 Ti200 (o'ced to a Ti500) I'm a nvidia fanboy sellout!

This year though I tried something else for the hell of it and got the radeon 9700 pro! I'm very impressed! I love this card. Now this whole thing about the FX being the card of year of 2002 and seeing it in nvidia.com is absolutely pathetically ridiculous! I've loss some respect for nvidia. Still, if they do comeout with a real great card in the future. I'd try it out.

As a consumer, you wouldn't want one single company monopolizing a product, you will have no alternatives to go to if something goes wrong! Having ATI and Nvidia fight it out to make the best product is always good.

Fusion
02-26-03, 06:08 AM
I agree about the fanboy aspect.

The trouble is, you have all now made your point about Nvidia and the FX, to the point that even my pet dog knows the situation.

Don't you lot think this place has had enough ?
I'm getting a little sick and tired of another stupid and rather pointless poll that keeps on popping up, thats just there to flame.

Or another thread that started off as someone wanting some FX news, that degenerates into a pissing contest. Is that necessary ? Aren't any of you fanatics, adults ?

And what I really don't get is all this "Nvidia let ME down", "Nvidia are liers", "Nvidia had my baby", "Nvidia stole my husband", "Nvidia are really aliens", blabla....

If the FX disappointed you, and you felt NVidia lied or whatever. Then there's a really simple thing to do
Buy a card from the competition, buy a 9700 or a 9500.
Why the hell does it have to affect some of you that you are forced to post such agressive, anti Nvidia posts ?

If a car company like say Ford, released a car that was soo anticipated that when it was finally released it was a disaster. I wouldn't see the need to post agressive, anti Ford posts on their forum. I would simply goto planB and buy a different car, and would forget about Ford.

And speaking of Cars, I would want to try out that car **MYSELF**, and not care two hoots about what Topgear magazine said or <insert>Car mag said.
That same analogy applies to the FX. When it's inside *MY* PC, and I can see it and use it with my own eyes, and on my own monitor. THEN I can pass judgment.
And *if* it's a disaster THEN I'll be the first to post about it and go out and buy the competition.

I think a lot of you seriously NEED to grow up. Your childish and quite frankly, appalling behaviour over Peter and MikeC, has certainly painted a picture of how ATI owners act. And I don't think things will ever be the same again, and all respect has been tossed out of the window.

zakelwe
02-26-03, 06:48 AM
Although I agree with the post above from Fusion but a couple of points :-

If a car company like say Ford, released a car that was soo anticipated that when it was finally released it was a disaster. I wouldn't see the need to post agressive, anti Ford posts on their forum. I would simply goto planB and buy a different car, and would forget about Ford.

I can imagine that if you cruise the Holden or Ford forums in Australia you might get some heated debates going on. If you look on RAS F1 newsgroup then you'll get lots of Ferrari pro and anti commentary as well.

And speaking of Cars, I would want to try out that car **MYSELF**, and not care two hoots about what Topgear magazine said or <insert>Car mag said.

But you cannot take graphics cards for test drives very often, you have to buy it ....

Hanners
02-26-03, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by Fusion
Aren't any of you fanatics, adults ?

Asks the man with 'ATi sucks' in his avatar. ;)

Seriously though, yes there are a few individuals here whose behaviour has been disappointing, but I think in general most people have been making valid, well-put points, and some interesting debates have come out.

The behaviour here certainly pales in comparison compared to the en-masse trolling I remember seeing from nVidia fanboys after ATi product launches...