PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell Double Agent won't start.

Pages : [1] 2

Mike89
11-09-06, 09:13 PM
Got my 8800GTX and 97.02 drivers installed.

Just installed SC DA. When trying to start the game I get an error "cannot continue, sorry blah blah blah."

Un-installed and re-installed it and same thing. This happens before and after installing the patch. Dunno what the hell is happening here.

FCGD
11-09-06, 09:24 PM
can you give the exact error? make sure you are launching from the actual launcher.exe, and not splintercell4.exe (i made this mistake)

Mike89
11-09-06, 10:45 PM
This is absolutely the weirded thing I've ever experienced with a game. If I have a web page open, the game will start (in single player). If I do not have a web page open, I get the error I mentioned earlier. Then when I do go into the game (with the webpage open) everything is all screwed up. Colors everywhere, all jumbled up, Fisher looks like a spider with triangles coming out everywhere.

Also during installation, I was never asked for the cd key.

I'm sitting here stumped like a big dog! ! !

All my other games play fine. Dunno if there is a problem with these 97.02 drivers with this game or what the hell.

I also notice that in the game options, I can't enable HDR and FSAA at the same time. I thought this was supposed to be possible with this card.

jAkUp
11-09-06, 10:47 PM
This is absolutely the weirded thing I've ever experienced with a game. If I have a web page open, the game will start (in single player). If I do not have a web page open, I get the error I mentioned earlier. Then when I do go into the game (with the webpage open) everything is all screwed up. Colors everywhere, all jumbled up, Fisher looks like a spider with triangles coming out everywhere.

Also during installation, I was never asked for the cd key.

I'm sitting here stumped like a big dog! ! !

All my other games play fine. Dunno if there is a problem with these 97.02 drivers with this game or what the hell.

I also notice that in the game options, I can't enable HDR and FSAA at the same time. I thought this was supposed to be possible with this card.

You will probably need to enable HDR ingame and force AA through the Nvidia control panel.

Mike89
11-09-06, 11:05 PM
Dunno how that's going to have anything to do with this problem though. The error I get when trying to open without a webpage open is:

ModName: d3drv.dll, ModVer: 0.0.0.0, Offset 0007b28d

FCGD
11-09-06, 11:10 PM
you can try my d3ddrv.dll, though its probably just where the error is occuring/being reported, not the actual cause, if that makes sense. pm me for AIM if you want mine, or you can reinstall (you arent using a pirated version right? :)

jAkUp
11-09-06, 11:56 PM
I just tried this game and I am getting artifacting all over the place...lol looks like a driver bug. All other games work fine.

Mike89
11-10-06, 12:19 AM
No I'm not using a pirated game, I bought it from EBgames (online).

I already un-installed and re-installed it, same thing.

Man, I've had my share of game issues before but nothing even remotely close to this. This game's on acid! Seems that everything that could possibly go wrong with a game is happening to me all at once with this one. Sometimes just changing an in game setting causes the error. Sometimes it says "wrong disk inserted" when trying to start. WTF!, I only got one disk! ! Then that screwy deal of having to have a webpage open to even get into the single player game. Then if I finally do get to the beginning of the game, Sam's in the water and all around him is vivid colors where I think mountains are supposed to be. Then he's swimming and has black triangle for hands!

Jeez, I'm tripping out here! If I didn't use drugs anymore, I would swear I took some acid!

Quickstar
11-10-06, 12:21 AM
I just tried this game and I am getting artifacting all over the place...lol looks like a driver bug. All other games work fine.

I get the same problem. On top of the graphical glitches, the AI has a lot of flaws and I even noticed typos in some of the text. It feels like a beta kinda like how Deus Ex 2 felt when they ported it from a console

Mike89
11-10-06, 01:24 AM
Which vid card and drivers are you guys using?

I'm freaking out here wondering if there is an issue with the 8800GTX that this game has exposed.

jAkUp
11-10-06, 01:44 AM
97.02 here :)

FCGD
11-10-06, 02:43 AM
working fine on 91.47 here

Bearclaw
11-10-06, 02:57 AM
So is this game worth getting or should I just wait until I have a better system>

FCGD
11-10-06, 03:02 AM
i'd say wait for the demo and see... its hard for anyone to say cause we dont know your expectations for IQ/performance

OWA
11-10-06, 03:52 AM
Which vid card and drivers are you guys using?

I'm freaking out here wondering if there is an issue with the 8800GTX that this game has exposed.
I have the same problem (same error).

Using 97.02.

Lfctony
11-10-06, 03:56 AM
Mate, are you forcing refresh rates? Double Agent needs 60Hz available. If you have anything higher forced it wont start.

Tony.

OWA
11-10-06, 03:58 AM
Not sure about Mike89, but I'm not. I have a LCD so my refresh rate is 60hz.

Arachnid
11-10-06, 09:06 AM
. Sometimes it says "wrong disk inserted" when trying to start. WTF!, I only got one disk! !

There was a fix for the "wrong disk inserted" error at the Ubisoft forums some time back, it seems they have removed the threads dealing with the same. There was some patch called the Paul Patch or something which someone from Ubisoft had sent to the person who had started the thread there -
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954105331/m/2261093205

Quickstar
11-10-06, 01:49 PM
I'm browsing the SCDA forums at ubi.com and it good to know im not alone. People are have kinds of problems and complaints. Some people even found Xbox files and some files titled blahblah.ini (which suggests an unfinished product).

Marvel_us
11-10-06, 01:52 PM
I'm browsing the SCDA forums at ubi.com and it good to know im not alone. People are have kinds of problems and complaints. Some people even found Xbox files and some files titled blahblah.ini (which suggests an unfinished product).

LOL! Damn that sucks. They better hurry up with a patch to fix all this crap.

Mike89
11-10-06, 02:32 PM
Yeah it sure does suck. I spend $50 and now have a piece of round plastic that I can't use. I think I saw a finger flipped at me on the label.

For FCGD. Thanks for sending me the d3drv.dll. Unfortunately, it made it even worse. The game wouldn't even start with the webpage loaded like it did before. This is one weird ass situation.

stncttr908
11-10-06, 03:52 PM
EA quality control spilling over to Ubi, eh?

Jonelo
11-11-06, 06:24 PM
HDR+AA not work in my 1900 xtx , and the game not run in my 8800 GTX :D :thumbdwn:

Not SM 2.0 suport, not HDR+AA in Radeon 1xxx , and not SM 4.0 suport . And the SM 3.0 soport , very badly - problems with the graphics settings in the game menu .

DRen72
11-11-06, 08:30 PM
Same here. I can't even get it to run. It crashes everytime. This game was not ready to be released.

OWA
11-12-06, 03:33 PM
So is this a game issue or driver issue? Edit: Actually, I just saw that some are able to play it with the 97.02s so I guess it's a game issue.