PDA

View Full Version : NTune freezes system/8800GTX

Despotes
11-10-06, 11:36 AM
Just got my eVGA 8800GTX today and want to see some temps and do some oc'ing, but as most of you know this is no longer possible with the new 8800 drivers. I'm using the 97.02's and downloaded the latest Ntune and it will freeze my system if I try to use it--even if I try to access from the NV Control Panel--resulting in a hard reset. :thumbdwn:
I reinstalled many times and disabled a few things , but nothing works.
Is there another program I can use for oc'ing and temps?
Tried NVTweak--Didn't give me the option to oc or monitor.
Thanks

OrangeBlast
11-10-06, 02:33 PM
enable coolbits in the registry maybe??

firehawk
11-10-06, 02:36 PM
update your bios. i had the same problem with that motherboard.

on a side note:

ntune causes my cpu usage to go to a consisant 75% after auto tuneing. is anyone else getting this?!?

Despotes
11-10-06, 04:47 PM
Hmm. I thought I had the latest bios (1205). Off to Asus I go...

Thanks for the replies.

Despotes
11-10-06, 05:59 PM
Updating the bios to 1303 worked! (nana2)

When using the "Find Optimal" speed for the card--my screen turns all gray and stays that way. :( Can't have everything I guess.

OWA
11-10-06, 06:08 PM
Yeah, the find optimal doesn't work for me either but manually choosing settings and testing seems to work.

DRen72
11-10-06, 09:21 PM
Yeah, the find optimal doesn't work for me either but manually choosing settings and testing seems to work.

I've gotten the "find optimal" to work on mine. However, I did get the grey screen freeze once too. I think it seems to work best after the card has been warmed up a while. At least thats what I'm finding.

OWA
11-10-06, 09:45 PM
I've gotten the "find optimal" to work on mine. However, I did get the grey screen freeze once too. I think it seems to work best after the card has been warmed up a while. At least thats what I'm finding.
What did the find optimal report? I admit, after the one gray screen and lockup, I didn't try it again. I was very curious to see what it would find though.

DRen72
11-11-06, 12:35 AM
What did the find optimal report? I admit, after the one gray screen and lockup, I didn't try it again. I was very curious to see what it would find though.

626/1900 after three runs with "Find Optimal". I have not run "Automatic Tuning" yet

Brahmzy
11-11-06, 09:32 PM
How the heck do you get nTune to save your OC settings? At every reboot, mine are all back to default. I hit "Apply" when I set them. I dono what to do.

DRen72
11-11-06, 10:04 PM
How the heck do you get nTune to save your OC settings? At every reboot, mine are all back to default. I hit "Apply" when I set them. I dono what to do.

I just unchecked the box so they do not reset after each restart. Works for me.
Note = This is with the 97.02 drivers.

Jimi
11-13-06, 10:31 AM

Ntune uses profiles to store the settings. Check up on using those and do overclocking that way.

DRen72
11-13-06, 10:37 AM
I'm trying the 96.89 drivers now and unlike my post above, the setting in the control panel to get the OC setting to stick is gone with this driver, so mine reset after reboot now also. I will check on the nTune profiles, but I think you get those after it runs tests right? Not sure I want to run those "torture" tests.