View Full Version : 8800GTX NV4_disp.dll error

Azusa
11-10-06, 02:16 PM
Specs:

DFI Ultra-D with latest BIOS
Opteron 170 OC'd @ 2.6
2Gig G.Skill DDR500 RAM
Using onboard sound

Bought the card retail to replace a 7900GT in my LL PC-60 case (it barely fits in a PC-6x case with the drive cage installed, the front edge of the pcb is touching the edge of the cage, but no pressure is applied).

When I installed the 8800 I didn't remove the old drivers, just installed the new ones off the EVGA cd, and had some serious problems in almost all games (NWN2 was running at 10FPS, all source engine games with graphical corruption at the menu). Started getting the NV4_disp.dll BSOD almost immediately, says something about paging a non paged area, but I never wrote it down. Removed drivers, ran driver cleaner, defragged (just because), and installed latest 8800 specific drivers from Nvidia website.

The corruption issues in source games stopped, but I still get nv4_disp.dll BSOD soon after launching a game. Upgraded PSU to a 700W OCZ from a 535W Enermax, and as I suspected that didn't fix the problem. The Enermax should be plenty for my system.

This is all in a system that is 48hr prime stable prior to this point. I'm planning on exchanging the card, but would welcome any suggestions you all might have.

MaXThReAT
11-10-06, 02:27 PM
You should be okay just installing over the old driver but just in case I would remove the dirvers. Reboot the system Run driver cleaner if you want it really shouldn't be needed but it might be a good idea. Then install the new drivers. I would use 97.02 I've had the best workings with it so far. I had some problems with the driver off the disk also 96.89=no good.