PDA

View Full Version : ntune 75% cpu usage?

firehawk
11-10-06, 02:56 PM
i just ran ntune's auto system optimizer. everything went fine my system never hung or froze, i was rock solid.

after i rebooted with my new settings i noticed i was atually running slower! it was acting as if my cpu was being bogged down, so i checked task manager and sure enough my cpu usage was hovering around 65-75%

i checked what was the cause it was "system" hogging all of the cpu. i decide screw it and i uninstalled ntune and reset my bios to defualt values, then i set my settings manually myself. rebooted. and i was fine again.

the only thing ntune upped where my pci-e bus by 14%
and
my fsb by 14%

iam running a asus a8n32 with a athlon 64 4000+

why would ntune screw my system over like this?

Jimi
11-10-06, 03:22 PM
i just ran ntune's auto system optimizer. everything went fine my system never hung or froze, i was rock solid.

after i rebooted with my new settings i noticed i was atually running slower! it was acting as if my cpu was being bogged down, so i checked task manager and sure enough my cpu usage was hovering around 65-75%

i checked what was the cause it was "system" hogging all of the cpu. i decide screw it and i uninstalled ntune and reset my bios to defualt values, then i set my settings manually myself. rebooted. and i was fine again.

the only thing ntune upped where my pci-e bus by 14%
and
my fsb by 14%

iam running a asus a8n32 with a athlon 64 4000+

why would ntune screw my system over like this?

What SBIOS are you using? Nvidia told me that you need 1303 or 1302 sbios installed.

firehawk
11-10-06, 03:55 PM
What SBIOS are you using? Nvidia told me that you need 1303 or 1302 sbios installed.

i have the latest.

i have also noticed my sound is gone after useing it. anything related to my soundcard now crashs my system :thumbdwn:

i tried uninstalling and reinstalling my sound drivers but it wont even see the card anymore

iam just going to do a fresh reinstall of windows and hope it clears up everything
it better not have screwed my pci slots or i'll be p***ed

firehawk
11-10-06, 04:25 PM
update

i just got ready to reinstall windows.just for the hell of it i switched my sound card to the bottom pci slot.
shut down. rebooted
i missed the boot from cd promt to reinstall windows. i thought damb iam going to have to restart again.

when to my suprise "new hardware found" pops up and my sound card proceeds to work again.

i dont know what ntune did but it messed up my pci slots when upping the pci bus.
:confused: