PDA

View Full Version : X3: Reunion - v2.0.0.1 Patches Available

Pages : [1] 2 3

SH64
11-10-06, 05:36 PM
Lots of exiting stuff that will get you back in the game!
http://www.worthdownloading.com/game.php?gid=1282

This update contains the following features:

* An exciting set of missions to complete.
* New Player Headquarters with compelling features.
* New M7 Prototype ship.
* New M3+ class of ships.
* New BBS missions.
* New and improved equipment.
* New sectors.
* Many previous issues have been fixed.

As a special bonus for all owners of X:Reunion, Egosoft has prepared a brand new update which introduces new missions, new ships, a new unique station, and a range of new gameplay features. This update is available for download free of charge, and is compatible with existing X: Reunion savegames.

Bala Gi Research Missions

The famous Boron scientist Bala Gi needs your help, and has some spectacular rewards available if you successfully complete the exciting missions that he offers.

- Own the new Player Headquarters, a unique new station which is the biggest single-station construction in the X Universe.
- Get hold of the exclusive (and unique) M7 class prototype battleship, once owned by the Pontifex Maximus Paranidia himself.
- Deliver the blueprints for a whole new class of ships, the M3+, and even get the chance to build them yourself.
- The Bala Gi Research Missions can be undertaken before, during or after the main plot, and even in non-plot games.

Player Headquarters

The Player Headquarters is a vast station equipped with an array of docking facilities, and a range of unique features to help you manage your trade empire or battle fleet.

- Gather resources and build your own ships from blueprints rather than having to buy them at shipyards.
- If you don't have blueprints then you can always create them by reverse engineering any ship that you own.
- Ships damaged during battle? Send them back to base and repair them yourself.
- Pimp my ship! Respray just about any ship you own for a unique look, or give your squads matching colour schemes.

The new features of the Player Headquarters are described in more detail in our FAQ section.

New Ships

The update introduces a range of new ships. Some of these are available immediately, but others will only be found once you have completed the Bala Gi Research Missions.

- Get hold of the unique M7 class prototype battleship. This ship is lean and mean and can dock two fighter ships.
- The new M3+ class ships can be a real challenge if you meet them in combat, but of course you also have the chance to own these yourself.

More Goodies!

The update also includes a whole raft of other new features and enhancements.

- Two new sectors, "Senator's Badlands" (Yaki) and "Elysium of Light" (Goner) for you to explore.
- A new weapon, the "Concussion Impulse Generator", with a unique new effect on ships that are hit with it.
- Several new BBS missions to add a bit more variety. Keep your eyes open at Pirate stations especially.
- A Self-Destruct option, available on board all your ships and stations. You only have a few seconds to evacuate once it is initiated!
- A new "Software Signature Scrambler" to hide your "System Override Software" from police scans.
- Improved Tractor Beam functionality allowing you to pull more different objects, even through gates.
- A better chance to win the sector auction for "Avarice", available even if you missed out the first time around.

And of course, we have fixed as many bugs, anomalies, errors and other issues as we possibly could from previous versions of the game.

Finally, this update includes the NoCD/NoDVD patch, so you can put your disk back in its box.

J-Mag
11-10-06, 05:40 PM
Wow, they aren't charging for extra content? Wait until EA hears of such blasphemy!

ynnek
11-10-06, 06:06 PM
maybe after i finish nwn2 i may start this game over again.

Q
11-10-06, 07:52 PM
I've never played this or X2...but for the sole reason that they are giving away content I might go out and buy this game. It's the same reason I support Epic/Raven etc.

SH64
11-10-06, 08:24 PM
I've never played this or X2...but for the sole reason that they are giving away content I might go out and buy this game. It's the same reason I support Epic/Raven etc.
Not just this but also :
this update includes the NoCD/NoDVD patch, so you can put your disk back in its box.
these are the people who deserve my support :thumbsup:

Q
11-10-06, 10:48 PM
Not just this but also :

these are the people who deserve my support :thumbsup:

****ing 'eh. We definitely need more companies like that.

arioch21
11-10-06, 10:51 PM
I loaded up the game to check out the new patch, damn I felt lost lol, dont remember what I was doing, its been a couple months since last played :p noticed I had hired a mammoth ship to transport something from a shipyard, but no clue for what lol.

Greg
11-10-06, 11:32 PM
I just fired up the game after not playing for months also. I clicked 'undock' and fired a great load of green stuff into the station in front of me, starting a war with the Argon.

lightman
11-11-06, 10:33 AM
Finally, this update includes the NoCD/NoDVD patch, so you can put your disk back in its box.

Does it mean they're finally throwing that Starforce **** out of the window ? I ain't gonna buy X3 until there is a starforce-free version available...

stncttr908
11-11-06, 12:45 PM
I just uninstalled too, damn.

Q
11-11-06, 12:51 PM
Does it mean they're finally throwing that Starforce **** out of the window ? I ain't gonna buy X3 until there is a starforce-free version available...

The Steam version has been Starforce free since its inception.

SH64
11-11-06, 01:33 PM
I loaded up the game to check out the new patch, damn I felt lost lol, dont remember what I was doing, its been a couple months since last played :p noticed I had hired a mammoth ship to transport something from a shipyard, but no clue for what lol.
Yeah thats the problem with the X games. once you leave it for sometime & get back again you'll be totally lost! :o

agentkay
11-11-06, 02:12 PM

Exactly what it means. Just install the game, but do NOT run it (this would install SF), install the new patch and SF will never get installed.

Riptide
11-11-06, 02:31 PM
Hopefully Steam will just autopatch it. This is a great release. I definitely have to get back to playing X3. I had just built my first Titan and outfitted it with BPPC and Alpha Flak arrays. :)

Oh and the game does widescreen properly. EA should pay attention.

russ_3d
11-14-06, 03:06 AM
d'ya know what really puts me off this game, reason i never bought it, and i know its so petty, but the explosions look awful, kinda detracts from the shooter element when you just get a couple of flowers when a station gets destroyed and no satisfactory graphics :(

makes the whole game look really really cheap and tacky imho.

if they fixed that i would buy it in a second

AdmiralHalsey..
11-14-06, 03:46 AM
Damn, I actually reinstalled this game, and starforce borked my DVD burner before I could update it. At least they're trying to fix it though [the game that is]

russ_3d
11-14-06, 03:55 AM
starforce borked my DVD burner before I could update it

:retard:

arioch21
11-14-06, 04:34 AM
Damn, I actually reinstalled this game, and starforce borked my DVD burner before I could update it. At least they're trying to fix it though [the game that is]

umm SF doesnt get installed unless you play first.... if you install then update it, there is no SF, I just reinstalled my copy when patch came out no SF found.

ynnek
11-14-06, 04:20 PM
Oh, if I start this game again, it will be at the beginning, and probably try to find a cheat that will give me unlimited money.. cause I am too lazy to do all the trading and building again.. I've done it before, and not interested in doing it again.. Rather concentrate on the fighting part of it, which towards the end, was impossible because of the performance...

Slybri
11-14-06, 04:39 PM
X3 is one of my favorite games of all time, just because I love the atmosphere and the graphics and space games in general. With a nice flight stick setup it really feels like you are at the controls of a spacefighter, completly free to do whatever the hell you want.

My problem with the game is that it's just so damn SLOW paced. It takes forever to see any progress and get a new ship.

I had to wipe my drive and reinstall windows the other day, so my save games are lost. And I just got a friend of mine to join me in World of Warcraft, so I'm kinda obligated to hang out with her in Azeroth. Between that and Gears of War...I ain't got time for no space trading!

Glad to see Egosoft is keeping the game up to date, though. They were always good at that. One day I will get back into X3.

SH64
11-16-06, 08:24 PM
An update for the update :
v2.0.02

* Improvements to the new sector auction and a fix for those who had bought it previously and had it taken away!
* Solutions for several minor problems with the Player Headquarters, and an adjustment to the resources required.
* Additional checks in the Bala Gi missions themselves to ensure they can be completed in some unusual situations.
* A fix for those who are finding it difficult to get hold of Advanced Satellites
* Solution to some crashes relating to "dbghelp.dll".
* Text and font corrections.

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=38718&mode=thread&order=0

DaveW
11-17-06, 10:02 PM
Awesome patch for an awesome game :)

shaker718
11-18-06, 04:37 PM
Anyone know if X3 on steam has this patch included? Also as a quick aside, those of you with 8800 cards, what settings are you using? are you using the control panel for AA and AF or are you setting them in game?

Edit: Just finished downloading from Steam. I believe the patch was included, so all is good. And about settings: I just put it at 8xaa and 16xaf on my GTS and it was silky smooth. Finally this game is playable.

SH64
11-18-06, 07:05 PM
Yeah i'd like to see some 8800 numbers for the built-in timedemo. i can provide my scores for comparsions. (i used 1600x1200,4xAAforced,16xAF).

shaker718
11-18-06, 07:54 PM
Yeah i'd like to see some 8800 numbers for the built-in timedemo. i can provide my scores for comparsions. (i used 1600x1200,4xAAforced,16xAF).

How can I run the timedemo? I checked all options and couldn't find it. I'm running it at 1680x1050 8xaa, 16xaf everything on high and its incredibly smooth. Only time when it seems to slowdown (slight quick stutter really) is when I turn the ship around quickly or docking, seems to chug when its loading textures and details. Maybe that's a hard drive issue. I'll try defragging and see if it still does this.