PDA

View Full Version : nTune Problem

rickshobbies
11-10-06, 09:56 PM
I was looking through the settings of nTune and noticed what should have been a rather benign setting... change skin. I tried it to see what it would like like, and then it crashed nTune. Restarting Windows didn't resolve it. Uninstalling nTune and re-installing didn't fix it (you can see that it is using the alternate skin when it tries to load though).

I am using an Intel BadAxe mobo and I guess it does like the skin! The question now is...

Does anyone know how to fix this?

R

joshuasgto
11-10-06, 10:34 PM
I am having the EXACT same issue! As soon as I changed the skin - it crashed and uninstalling and reinstalling doesnt resolve it.

I have a Gigabyte 965P-DQ6 with the EVGA 8800GTX

joshuasgto
11-10-06, 10:50 PM
Nvm...I got it fixed.

Just went through the registry and deleted all keys referencing ntune and reinstalled the app. Works fine now.

SLippe
11-10-06, 11:24 PM
Might I suggest Crap Cleaner or CCleaner for stuff like that when you uninstall items. It would have gotten rid of that crap for you. Awesome prog! :thumbsup:

joshuasgto
11-10-06, 11:49 PM
Might I suggest Crap Cleaner or CCleaner for stuff like that when you uninstall items. It would have gotten rid of that crap for you. Awesome prog! :thumbsup:

I appreciate the suggestion. I have used those apps (as well as many others) before and still prefer to manually clean or use my own batch files - although I rarely have to do that since I install very few apps on my system, preferring a minimal # of running processes (try to keep it under 25). Some of the registry / uninstall cleaners actually have to run in the background to monitor installs to be able to effectively remove orphaned / invalid items.

It didnt occur to me to check the registry as I didnt initially believe it was an issue with the install itself. I was playing around with overclocking the GPU and CPU around the time I changed the skin so presumed it was a result of pushing the hardware, until I saw the post here with someone experiencing the same problem.

My students use ccleaner in our class (I teach computer technology and computer repair at a HS) on customers computers occassionally and I do agree its a useful program.

rickshobbies
11-11-06, 02:46 AM
Yup, that solution worked for me as well.

Another thing I've noticed is that the RPM meter never changes. I would expect it to fluctuate some.

Lastly, if you want to leave nTune monitor running while you game and come back to check temps, it often isn't registering any temp changes unless you exit it and restart the monitor.

My guess is that since this is their first release of nTune to support other mobos, it's just buggy. I still don't understand why they removed the temp monitor from the driver. nTune is a tweak utility and for those that don't OC or tweak, there is no point to it, IMHO.

anticitizenzero
11-11-06, 03:52 AM
is it honesly worth having ntune "tune" your system, what exactly does it change.

sniviler
11-11-06, 05:51 PM
Is the ntune FSB slide control capped at 250 ? because my mem can go much higher , its at 310 in the bios and ntune stops at 250. weird

my mobo is the ABIT KN8 SLI

PeterJensen
11-11-06, 05:54 PM
nTune sucks donkey balls and makes baby jesus cry imo.

rickshobbies
11-11-06, 07:46 PM
Is there a simple tool for checking temps available? I don't personally overclock, so just a monitoring tool would be great.

Any suggestions? nTune is just too buggy on non nForce mobos atm