PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy and PS3

nV`andrew
11-11-06, 12:27 AM
Well some of my clan members from Source have said that people at their local best buy's are already camping out. Holy ****, the launch is in like 2 weeks isnt it? They must have no lives!!!

So let us know when you see ppl camping out haha

MustangSVT
11-11-06, 12:44 AM
How exactly do you camp out a week before launch? And yes these people have no lives.

Sazar
11-11-06, 12:56 AM
:rofl

Campers.

:rofl

Mr_LoL
11-11-06, 01:46 AM
I should be getting a ps3 next week but its delayed. Boo.

Tyr-Sog
11-11-06, 07:41 AM
I was in about 5 electronic stores last night and yet to see a demo unit out yet. how long is it delayed for?

Bad_Boy
11-11-06, 07:55 AM
I got to play it in target. Seems best buy and the other main electronics stores hasnt gotten theirs yet.

Marvel_us
11-11-06, 10:21 AM
I was in about 5 electronic stores last night and yet to see a demo unit out yet. how long is it delayed for?

There was one at a gamestop near my school as well. Didn't get to play it because of the long line.

GamerGuyX
11-11-06, 11:17 AM

It was delayed in Europe until March. ;)

It's coming out in 6 days here in ther US.

lIqUID
11-12-06, 01:11 PM
I played Motorstorm/NBA demos at Target today.The basketball game was meh, but Im not really into games like that anyways.
Motorstorm was pretty cool. The motion sensors on the controls are a tad too sensitive, but maybe its just one of those things you have to get used to. When I was playing the Motorstorm demo the game reset once (not sure if its a time limit thing or whatever) and the screen froze once as well. I hope this is just a bug with this build of the demo, and not the machine.

six_storm
11-12-06, 03:23 PM
I played the PS3 at Target yesterday and I don't see what the big hype is all about. The PS3 seems choppy on all the demo games and there are no real good games coming with the launch of the system. These campers are some true Sony *****s and are setting themselves up for a huge disappointment . . . unless they are going to sell them on eBay! :D

lIqUID
11-12-06, 03:38 PM
yea I'm kinda disappointed with next gen consoles as a whole. I haven't really decided if I'm keeping one of my 2 PS3s or selling them both, and just buy a new PC. Ah well consoles suck anyways.....

six_storm
11-12-06, 04:00 PM
yea I'm kinda disappointed with next gen consoles as a whole. I haven't really decided if I'm keeping one of my 2 PS3s or selling them both, and just buy a new PC. Ah well consoles suck anyways.....

You just need to sell both PS3s . . . and buy a 360! :D

Marvel_us
11-12-06, 04:39 PM
I played the PS3 at Target yesterday and I don't see what the big hype is all about. The PS3 seems choppy on all the demo games and there are no real good games coming with the launch of the system. These campers are some true Sony *****s and are setting themselves up for a huge disappointment . . . unless they are going to sell them on eBay! :D

Huge disappointment?

Can you look into your crystal ball and tell me the Florida lotto numbers for next week Saturday please?:)

I'm actually surprised you took the time out to play PS3, considering Xbox360 is your one true love.

ralinn
11-12-06, 05:51 PM
It was delayed in Europe until March. ;)

It's coming out in 6 days here in ther US.
I think I speak for the UK when I say:

:p

:D

six_storm
11-12-06, 11:44 PM
Huge disappointment?

Can you look into your crystal ball and tell me the Florida lotto numbers for next week Saturday please?:)

I'm actually surprised you took the time out to play PS3, considering Xbox360 is your one true love.

Ha! One true love huh? :D That's a good one man.

Seriously though, it's obvious that no matter what system you are looking at, it all comes down to the games. The PS3 starting line up doesn't look that good. Sorry, but it's true. I just think that IMO, if a person grabs the PS3 in order to keep it, they will be disappointed due to the games being released. That's all I'm saying. The PS3 will eventually evolve with the games, but just like the 360, it'll take a little time.

The X360 didn't have that great of a lineup either. I was excited about PDZ but we all know how that one turned out lol. :D

toxikneedle
11-12-06, 11:49 PM
God the 360 launch line-up was terrible. I waited til late winter to get mine. I actually did enjoy condemned quite a bit, I think it was an excellent game although overlooked by many.

FCGD
11-12-06, 11:52 PM

You guys should listen to this guy, hes a wise one.

saturnotaku
11-13-06, 06:31 AM
I'd rather listen to this.

I don't get what all the bickering is about anyway. I have a 360 and powerful PC and they both co-exist nicely together.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1063079&postcount=59

Marvel_us
11-13-06, 08:27 AM
Ha! One true love huh? :D That's a good one man.

Seriously though, it's obvious that no matter what system you are looking at, it all comes down to the games. The PS3 starting line up doesn't look that good. Sorry, but it's true. I just think that IMO, if a person grabs the PS3 in order to keep it, they will be disappointed due to the games being released. That's all I'm saying. The PS3 will eventually evolve with the games, but just like the 360, it'll take a little time.

The X360 didn't have that great of a lineup either. I was excited about PDZ but we all know how that one turned out lol. :D

Okay, that sounds fair.:o

I agree about the launch line up. Resistance is shaping up to be a killer title. While one game isn't enough for me to buy one, I know there are way more coming down the road. Hopefully Sony makes up for this and releases some demos online to keep users busy.

six_storm
11-13-06, 09:27 AM
Okay, that sounds fair.:o

I agree about the launch line up. Resistance is shaping up to be a killer title. While one game isn't enough for me to buy one, I know there are way more coming down the road. Hopefully Sony makes up for this and releases some demos online to keep users busy.

Exactly. Resistance looks pretty fair (haven't really played it yet lol) but everything else is pretty lame. I'm not completely anti-PS3 or anti-Sony, but I def won't be buying a PS3 until 4-5 extremely good exclusives come out + price drop + just buying it for a Blu-Ray player depending on the format wars.

GamerGuyX
11-13-06, 11:03 PM
You guys should listen to this guy, hes a wise one.

Wise-ass is more like it.

Bman212121
11-13-06, 11:25 PM
Wise-ass is more like it.

QFT. :D