PDA

View Full Version : Ntune BSOD from AUTO TUNE!!!

leadsled747
11-11-06, 10:25 AM
I can`t boot since crash from autotune!!! I set it to run on reboot because like it says system will crash when it runs....Bio settings look normal. I cant even read the blue screen because sys reboots itself after blue screen flashes Quickly I mite add!! I have tried run window install disk in repair mode it crashes also....Did Ntune break something or is it still trying to run after start up? And can I stop it from running on start-up?:thumbdwn:

firehawk
11-11-06, 10:34 AM
I can`t boot since crash from autotune!!! I set it to run on reboot because like it says system will crash when it runs....Bio settings look normal. I cant even read the blue screen because sys reboots itself after blue screen flashes Quickly I mite add!! I have tried run window install disk in repair mode it crashes also....Did Ntune break something or is it still trying to run after start up? And can I stop it from running on start-up?:thumbdwn:

have you tried safe mode yet?

if it works go in and uninstall ntune. i did the auto tune and it made my cpu go crazy and to add to that it screwed my normal pci slots over. nothing in them would work until i did a uninstall of ntune and then followed it up with a cmos reset.

leadsled747
11-11-06, 10:52 AM
windows screen comes up and said there was a prob boot in safe. it loads drivers then crashes:(

leadsled747
11-18-06, 01:34 PM
Ok I have given up on get the P O S to boot and have ordered an new HDD from New Egg!!! Starting over....Maybe I can use the old hard drive in raid if it will format....Thanks NTUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DRen72
11-18-06, 03:22 PM
It probably overclocked the PCI bus, which can cause data corruption.

nforced4good
11-20-06, 12:08 AM
the pci bus is not overclocked as it is locked.

sounds more like cpu damage....

Slammin
11-20-06, 12:40 AM
Lol, are you just trying to scare someone?

leadsled747
11-20-06, 02:13 PM
It probably overclocked the PCI bus, which can cause data corruption.
I was CORRECTION NTUNE AUTOTUNE was over clocking the PCI bus when it crashed!!! I can`t remember how high it was but it was crazy!!!High!!!! Should have never set it to run on re-start!!!!!!!Maybe it did break something who knows? I get my HDD in and Memory back from Corsair I`ll let Yall Know....

Ronin
11-20-06, 02:30 PM
So it's not nTune's fault, it's yours.

Best to take responsibility for your actions and not toy with things you're not familiar with, before blaming something else for your problems.

flukester
11-20-06, 03:16 PM
Good luck. Seen that before, nTune fries the HD controller in the end. nTune sucks! Well, maybe an app that means well but I've seen it a few times fry peoples mobo's cranking settings too high. Brand spanking new mobo's I mean. It could be a bug in nTune, but since I've seen this happen 'in person'. I don't or ever will bother overclocking, much less, use some application to do it. nVidia is in the clear too since you agree to a waiver if you should fry your board!

Good luck! But your story sounds IDENTICAL to what I saw a few weeks ago using the latest nTune app. All I could do is keep my mouth shut as hard as I could without laughing...

nforced4good
11-21-06, 10:53 PM
I was over clocking the PCI bus when it crashed!!! I can`t remember how high it was but it was crazy!!!High!!!! Should have never set it to run on re-start!!!!!!!Maybe it did break something who knows? I get my HDD in and Memory back from Corsair I`ll let Yall Know....

WTF, theres never a reason to overclock the pci bus!

leadsled747
11-24-06, 10:09 AM
WTF, theres never a reason to overclock the pci bus!
Ok I know I said I was over clocking the PCI Bus!! What I meant was the Auto tune was!!! and it had it Screeming!!! My Dumb AZZ was just sitting watching it happen!!!! I keep it locked in my settings!!! My new HDD is in but, I sent my memory back to Corsair while system was down since I had a bad stick...I`ll let Yall know if it fried the Mombo when my memory gets back. All so Yall ALL ARE RIGHT "ITS NOT NIVIDIAS FAULT!!!":rw: Never ever send a BOY to do a MANS job!! If you are gonna over clock do it your self!!! Because aUTO tUNTE dosent know what its doing!!!(nana2)

leadsled747
11-24-06, 10:15 AM
So it's not nTune's fault, it's yours.

Best to take responsibility for your actions and not toy with things you're not familiar with, before blaming something else for your problems.
WHOS TOYING its supposed to be auto tune right "automatic"??? nTune`s fine, Its aUto tUne that sUx!

leadsled747
11-24-06, 10:19 AM
Good luck. Seen that before, nTune fries the HD controller in the end. nTune sucks! Well, maybe an app that means well but I've seen it a few times fry peoples mobo's cranking settings too high. Brand spanking new mobo's I mean. It could be a bug in nTune, but since I've seen this happen 'in person'. I don't or ever will bother overclocking, much less, use some application to do it. nVidia is in the clear too since you agree to a waiver if you should fry your board!

Good luck! But your story sounds IDENTICAL to what I saw a few weeks ago using the latest nTune app. All I could do is keep my mouth shut as hard as I could without laughing...
I`ll let Ya know when I get it back together, Maybe the Mobo`s ok, doubt it. From what You say a new HD ant gonna fix it.

Slammin
11-24-06, 01:22 PM
I get BSOD on bootup with ntune installed. I've figured out the cause too.

If I have the ntune service and Diskeeper service running, BSOD on bootup. Kill ntune service=no problems.

In your case, it is doubtful any hardware was damaged since your system never even had the chance to run for any length of time at extreme overclocks. You could very well have hard drive corruption, but it is doubtful the hard drive is damaged since you were not formatting, or doing any other destructive operation to track zero; you were just trying to boot.

Bad ram can cause hard drive corruption as well, so just taking care of that will probably get you back in business.

leadsled747
11-24-06, 01:36 PM
I had the bad stick of memory pulled, only running on one stick in at the time of crash. I just cant get in to stop nTUNE form running at boot (I set it to run on restart) and crashing: no safe mode, no last good configuration = "nothing"

lukrad
11-24-06, 04:46 PM
I had the bad stick of memory pulled, only running on one stick in at the time of crash. I just cant get in to stop nTUNE form running at boot (I set it to run on restart) and crashing: no safe mode, no last good configuration = "nothing"

You don't need Ntune...it's useless app.

nforced4good
11-25-06, 01:58 AM
insert the windows disk and load the setup, enter the recovery console, and disable the ntune startup service or program...

leadsled747
11-25-06, 08:33 AM
insert the windows disk and load the setup, enter the recovery console, and disable the ntune startup service or program...
Thanks, I will try that when memory comes back.

A friend has suggested: Log on in Safe mode with Command Prompt...since it
is a software problem.
Then run System Restore (rstrui.exe)
support.microsoft.com/kb/304449
Sounds good I`ll let Ya know....

leadsled747
12-16-06, 10:59 AM
Thanks I tried this and also cashed....I installed the new Hard Drive reloaded windows now everythings fine and I have a nifty new $100 coaster (Hard Drive) for the coffee table....

mrohde
12-16-06, 08:17 PM
I had problems with Ntune as well. On the third pass the machine booted and
I got "no NTLDR found"

Took some doing it get it fixed again. I will not use this app. again.

t3hl33td4rg0n
12-17-06, 01:31 AM
If you want to overclock, dont let crummy software "automate" it.

If you want an overclocked and stable system. Go into BIOS and use incremental changes to bus speed, CPU Multiplier, RAM clock, HT clock, voltage, RAM timings.

If you dont understand what you see in BIOS, you shouldnt be messing around with an already well known problematic application to do the job for you.

There are a lot of things that can lead to instability and at times it doesnt even require overclocking for that to come about.

A hint of advice for you ppl. Grab Prime95, memtest86, and start doing it the old fashioned way, because it is to this day the only way to overclock. Read tutorials, read documentation, check your motherboard manual, whatever knowledge you can absorb about this.

There is no miracle application that will take the pain of proper overclocking away.

There are actions and reactions, and these things must be taken into account.

Time and patience, not nTune.

BDUB
12-17-06, 01:50 AM
Thanks I tried this and also cashed....I installed the new Hard Drive reloaded windows now everythings fine and I have a nifty new $100 coaster (Hard Drive) for the coffee table....

You think just because you cant run windows - or BOOT windows form that installation that the HD is ruined? I don't think so. It just means you borked the windows install. Maybe you shouldn't be overclocking..

Put the HD on the second channel and format it.

leadsled747
12-17-06, 08:55 AM
You think just because you cant run windows - or BOOT windows form that installation that the HD is ruined? I don't think so. It just means you borked the windows install. Maybe you shouldn't be overclocking..

Put the HD on the second channel and format it.

You are correct, Sir The Hard Drive is fine....I just lost every thing on it and was PST. I can only get dial up were I live and this makes things very very slow....Huge game patches ect. ect.

BDUB
12-19-06, 01:41 AM
ok, just wanted to make sure it didn't kill your drive, because I didn't think it would. On the bright side you did not lose expensive hardware.