PDA

View Full Version : Motor City Online canned

wysiwyg
02-26-03, 12:06 PM
i dont play this myself but thought it will be usefull info for people that do.

info=

Starting August 29, 2003, Motor City will no longer be in service. After a fun run of over a year of online racing, Electronic Arts has made the decision to close Motor City Online in order to focus resources on future games.

Please check your email associated with your Motor City Online game account for updates and more information on what this closure means to you. We hope you've enjoyed the game as much as we have and that we'll see you again in another great EA game!

(info taken from)=

http://mco.ea.com/main.jsp

Smokey
02-26-03, 03:04 PM
I find this typical of EA, they are not know for thier support of thier games :rolleyes:

ALobpreis
02-26-03, 10:41 PM
NFS:MO is the only NFS I didn't (and will never) play. Damn online requirement! That's just plain ugly, similar to American Army.

stncttr908
02-27-03, 06:54 AM
That sucks. If I had put in money for some time into that game and built up a garage full of slick rides, I'd be seriously pissed off. But that's EA for you, either pay for online gaming or pay for endless expansion packs.

Those fancy women. :mad:

saturnotaku
02-27-03, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by ALobpreis
NFS:MO is the only NFS I didn't (and will never) play.

Same here. MCO never was a true Need for Speed game, IMO. This is what EA gets when they stray from the formula that's made their other games so popular.

Kev Payne
02-27-03, 12:57 PM
They did the same thing to the game Majestic, I bought it, was getting sucked into it and then they came out and said they were only going "focus thier resources" on something else. Ive almost had it with EA and thier support of games.