PDA

View Full Version : List of games that support EAX 5.0 HD / X-fI???

Webmonkey
11-11-06, 06:01 PM
Hello guys,

Does anyone know if there is a list of all the current games that support the X-FI / EAX 5.0?

The only titles I can think of is BF2, BF2142 and FSW: Ten Hammars.

I can see that Creative has a list of EAX titles - but it is not up to date and it does not specific state which EAX version is supported... :(

SH64
11-11-06, 06:12 PM
BF2 & BF2142 are the only EAX5.0 titles i'm aware of right now :o

Webmonkey
11-11-06, 06:48 PM
BF2 & BF2142 are the only EAX5.0 titles i'm aware of right now :o

Hey - Thanks for replying.

I am sure that Ten Hammers also support it too - but still not many titles.. I feel we have been cheated by Creative.... :(

CaptNKILL
11-11-06, 07:01 PM
Not many use EAX 5, but here is a full list of EAX enabled titles:
http://www.soundblaster.com/eax/gaming/gamelist.asp

Webmonkey
11-12-06, 07:53 AM
Not many use EAX 5, but here is a full list of EAX enabled titles:
http://www.soundblaster.com/eax/gaming/gamelist.asp

yeah, just found out Prey does support the X-fi - but still not many titles and this list is outdated and doet not state the version :(

this is why I feel cheated by creative.....

CaptNKILL
11-12-06, 08:16 AM
yeah, just found out Prey does support the X-fi - but still not many titles and this list is outdated and doet not state the version :(

If you bought it solely for EAX, it isn't really creative's fault. :o

I wish there were more EAX titles, but the overall game compatibility, sound quality, options, crystalizer effects, as well as future support for OpenAL are all great reasons to use one of these.

Then again, did you buy one of the expensive models in order to use x-ram? If so, yeah, you got hosed. :o

Thats why I went with the solid, less gimmicky low end model.

Mathas
11-12-06, 08:19 AM
And also Prey.

dwhjr77
11-12-06, 12:40 PM
Doom 3
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil
Quake 4
Prey
Battlefield 2
Battlefield 2: Special Forces
Battelfied 2142
Full Spectrum Warriors: Ten Hammers
F.E.A.R.
Titan Quest
Unreal Tournament 2k4 (with Xfi patch)

Needless to say, Creative does a horrible job getting developers to use their tech. Most seem stuck on EAX4 or default onboard these days. You'd figure with this tech, they'd have developers all over BEFORE the launched the card. But here we are a year later...

SH0DAN
11-12-06, 05:07 PM
Creative make incredible sound cards,but thier dev relations suck bigtime !

Webmonkey
11-13-06, 03:15 AM
I was dissapointed in the upgrade when going from my onboard Realtek 850 sound to X-Fi.

I thought the Realtek was the cause of horrible plastic echo effects inside a building in Ten Hammers, but it was just the same with the X-fi.

The only improovements I can tell it that this 24-bit upsampling crystaliser makes everything sound punchier and louder.

The 3D headphone modes was also dissapointing compared to old Sensaura tech :-(

when enable - everything sound flat and out of place and really stranger compared to using 4.1 speakerss...

ynnek
11-13-06, 11:28 AM
actually.. I bet its not more of the game developers limited times and budgets fault for not implementing the fancy audio effects... Graphics, gameplay, story have to come first.. Sounds is a bonus.. Plus I bet not many gamers have 5.1 anyways.. (although I bet this is slowly changing)

Banko
11-13-06, 11:53 AM
Audio hasn't been a priority which is quite sad, too bad Creative sucks balls, and EAX 5.0 still isn't better then A3D 3.0 ...They even bought Aureal and can't even match it, they have problems.

ynnek
11-13-06, 01:54 PM
Isn't Creative the only one thats actively supporting and implementing the OpenAL stuff under windows though?

Bman212121
11-13-06, 10:39 PM
I was dissapointed in the upgrade when going from my onboard Realtek 850 sound to X-Fi.

I thought the Realtek was the cause of horrible plastic echo effects inside a building in Ten Hammers, but it was just the same with the X-fi.

The only improovements I can tell it that this 24-bit upsampling crystaliser makes everything sound punchier and louder.

The 3D headphone modes was also dissapointing compared to old Sensaura tech :-(

when enable - everything sound flat and out of place and really stranger compared to using 4.1 speakerss...

It all depends on the game. There are a few titles where I actually went "holy ****" this sounds so much better than my onboard audio. One of the most noticeble titles for me was Age of Empires 3. I actually turned on the game just to listen to the background music.

I would agree that on the game side the X-FI can still be a little on the weak side, but there are a lot of other things where the difference is really clear! (Literally)

Webmonkey
11-14-06, 06:04 PM
It all depends on the game. There are a few titles where I actually went "holy ****" this sounds so much better than my onboard audio. One of the most noticeble titles for me was Age of Empires 3. I actually turned on the game just to listen to the background music.

I would agree that on the game side the X-FI can still be a little on the weak side, but there are a lot of other things where the difference is really clear! (Literally)

I would contribute this to the much better DA converters and filters on a dedicaded soundcard.:D

Zelda_fan
11-14-06, 07:27 PM

I feel the same way. That is why I no longer buy creative. Hit them with your wallets and they'll stop producing less than stellar graphics cards.