PDA

View Full Version : Gears of war storey..wheres the rest of it? SPOLIERS!!!!

t6_shadow
11-11-06, 07:28 PM
Ok I finished G.O.W in about 10 hours. Now I was wondering where the heck the rest of the story is? I know lots of people will complain about the obviously cheesed ending for leading into a sqeual, I was wondering about many other items that seemed to be missing.

1) Serra, Where is this is it earth renamed in the furture is it an alternate universe? If its the former why don't the humans just blast off back to earth if they are getting so badly whipped.

2) Marcus' Father. Whats the story here? The manual says that Marcus tried to rescue his father during an attack against a direct order. Santiago however says his trial was a "sham" well if he actually disobeyed orders there is not much to say that WOULD have gotten him court martialed. Was he really setup tho? Also how did he (Marcus' Father) have the entire network of tunnels mapped? This was never explained.

3) The train. I heard a referance made to the lightmass bomb near the start of a game but off of a sudden its "GET ON THE TRAIN!" I am like what train did I miss something?

I am sure there are more but I don't really feel like remembering all of them, could someone explain these items too me? I am left feeling I missed something.

msxyz
11-12-06, 05:01 AM
GoW is the first title in a trilogy. That might explain a few plot holes.

Ninjaman09
11-12-06, 10:03 AM
I am wondering the same things you are. I believe a lot of it is left to be inferred by the player.

Tyr-Sog
11-12-06, 11:17 AM
Marketplace, 1600 pts for the rest of the game please. :D

Brimstone7
11-12-06, 05:00 PM
These aren't really plot holes. I was wondering the exact same thing. I even thought that maybe my game screwed up and skipped some of the cutscenes. I can live with the fact that we weren't told anything about the Locust, Kryll, that female voice, Marcus' backstory, etc. However, a lot of the plot points, especially the train scene and the part about Marcus' father having a secret lab, were just flat out missing. The story is almost nonsensical. If this game wasn't so awesome I'd probably be pretty mad!

Q
11-12-06, 05:07 PM
Marketplace, 1600 pts for the rest of the game please. :D

Ding Ding Ding!

We have a winnar.

LycosV
11-12-06, 11:20 PM
Hey at least the ending was more complete than Halo 2. :)
I totally agree about the train though, that just kinda jumped out of nowhere. And why was the good-guy's weapon on a train loaded with bad guys?