PDA

View Full Version : 8800 Model Corruption?

ArrowMk84
11-11-06, 08:49 PM
Has anyone else seen problems with the occasional in game model with the 8800 GTX (or GTS)? I've seen three instances were a model was displayed in some mangled state. The first was in the Splinter Cell demo, where Sam's head was rendered properly but the rest of the body model was completely mangled and solid black. The second was in Company of Heroes, where in the last mission a soldier's leg stretched out across the ground for a good length (about the length of a tank). And the third was a little bit ago in NWN2, where the wall of Crossroad Keep was "blobbish", and the textures were smeared across the model. I haven't noticed any classic texture corruption, such as textures smearing across the scene, and the problem appears to correct itself with just reloading that area in the game (at least with NWN2), and I've had no crashes to speak of.

Is this a driver issue, or is this some sort of hardware problem?

GTVAPSAMTIK
11-11-06, 08:56 PM
Has anyone else seen problems with the occasional in game model with the 8800 GTX (or GTS)? I've seen three instances were a model was displayed in some mangled state. The first was in the Splinter Cell demo, where Sam's head was rendered properly but the rest of the body model was completely mangled and solid black. The second was in Company of Heroes, where in the last mission a soldier's leg stretched out across the ground for a good length (about the length of a tank). And the third was a little bit ago in NWN2, where the wall of Crossroad Keep was "blobbish", and the textures were smeared across the model. I haven't noticed any classic texture corruption, such as textures smearing across the scene, and the problem appears to correct itself with just reloading that area in the game (at least with NWN2), and I've had no crashes to speak of.

Is this a driver issue, or is this some sort of hardware problem?

So far ive seen issue with one game and that is SPLINTER CELL DEMO, Hopefully its just the driver issue. COH works find on my 8800 GTX SLI Setup

tweaked
11-11-06, 08:56 PM
i had some weird stuff like that happen until i changed what power plugs were connected to my GTS, wasn't enough juice i guess.

Cyant
11-11-06, 08:57 PM
It does that when my x800 or 7800 cards were too much overclocked.

hirantha
11-11-06, 08:58 PM
call eVGA, might be one of the bad cards from that batch they released early.

ArrowMk84
11-11-06, 09:51 PM
call eVGA, might be one of the bad cards from that batch they released early.

Those were supposedly purged/fixed before they ever got to retailers. And the description for that problem is "heavy corruption", not this single model stuff I'm seeing.