PDA

View Full Version : New Crysis Video

ehathgepiurhe
11-12-06, 03:05 AM
Hi everyone,

Apologies if this has already been posted, but I couldn't find any mention of it. There has been a new Crysis video released (it looks to be from the 8800 launch): see http://incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1758 for download links. It's in HD, so it's 300MB, but it's worth the download (the 'flyover' link is just the video edited to remove the Crytek guy talking at the beginning, to just show off the ingame footage - it's about a 160MB download). I already knew my PC was going to have trouble running Crysis when it is released, but after watching this video, I think my PC is going to burst into flames just bringing the Crysis game box home!

Also, there have been some new screenshots released, a link to them is here: http://games.tiscali.cz/clanek/screen.asp?id=10202 (the 6 that have 'nový' underneath them). Very impresive.

Regards,

CM

Redeemed
11-12-06, 03:46 AM
Thanks! I'm dl'ing it now.

Wow! After looking at those screenshots I'm even more glad I bought two 8800GTS's! There is no way my current rig could run that game at decent settings!

Just can't wait for this to be out!

K007
11-12-06, 03:54 AM
:drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling:

Looks like 8800GTX/SLI for sure with HDR/AA..probably 16xAA in action..(since its free to 8800 series -.-)

Looks stunning..

AdmiralHalsey..
11-12-06, 03:55 AM
[pats 7900gt] hang in there baby, one more time for daddy...

Redeemed
11-12-06, 04:02 AM

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I think that 7900GT will do alright. After all, what I have now is dual 700GTs. I think your 7900GT would fare better. ;)

PeterJensen
11-12-06, 05:29 AM
wow thats insane :) Looking forward to run it on my GTS hehe. I would really like the rest of that Nvidia press video :(

K007
11-12-06, 05:37 AM
It might be ok for the 7900 gt/gtx/gx2 cards..but will miss out on hdr+aa :(

..unless nvidia managed to work very close and make it work with nvidia hardware..lol

FCGD
11-12-06, 05:38 AM

rofl, AdmiralHalsey++
im thinking the exact same thing dude

any predictions on what 7900's with be able to run at to get smoothe 30 fps? im going to say 1024x768 medium detail :)

ehathgepiurhe
11-12-06, 06:55 AM
Yeah, after watching the video again, I'm just lost for words. The Crytek guy mentioned a couple of times in it that various parts of Crysis had more complexity to them then the entire Far Cry game itself (he mentioned the trees in this regard and I think he said there were a million of those in game, not sure if he was exaggerating or not). The thought is staggering nonetheless. I think the way they have decided to handle the upgrading of the weapons is brilliant, and looks better and better each time I see it.

I also got very excited when I saw the shark swimming as they panned through the ocean. I remember on the Far Cry forums when the demo was first released, the community really got into the task of hunting the ocean to see if there were any sharks in there (there were fish but no sharks sadly), and having some fun with the dead shark that was hanging by a rope beside one of the shacks. One guy even went so far as to shoot the shark down and then shoot it around the level, taking various screen captures of it and using them as a basis for mini-stories featuring 'mr sharky'. Great stuff. Going shark hunting in Crysis would be excellent fun!

My current PC is an AMD 2100+ with 512MB ram and 128MB 6600GT. After seeing the IDF video of Alan Wake that was released recently (I wish they would release that video in HD format!), I started looking around for a PC upgrade that could handle that game when it is released (it was stated in the video that it was running on a Quad Core Intel). The main bits about that video that impressed me and got me thinking about the PC requirements were the physics (the tornado part), the lighting (when they showed the flashlight in use), and the particles (the water spray coming off the dam was very impressive). Well, after seeing this Crysis video, I think I have a new benchmark game to use in my upgrade hunt! Alan Wake will still obviously require a very beefy PC to handle at high details, but I think Crysis may just have the edge on it.

FCGD
11-12-06, 07:15 AM
the hd video i saw was running on geforce 8 hardware, the big question is whether or not they had it in sli mode or not. if you look closely of the footage they show, its certainly not 60 fps, much closer to 30 fps(maybe even less), so i dont know what that means if they WERE using sli 8800GTX, which is a $1,300 purchase...

also i was confused by what he meant by "more technology in one tree than in all of far cry", thats sort of a ambiguous statement.

CaptNKILL
11-12-06, 07:20 AM
the hd video i saw was running on geforce 8 hardware, the big question is whether or not they had it in sli mode or not. if you look closely of the footage they show, its certainly not 60 fps, much closer to 30 fps(maybe even less), so i dont know what that means if they WERE using sli 8800GTX, which is a $1,300 purchase...

also i was confused by what he meant by "more technology in one tree than in all of far cry", thats sort of a ambiguous statement.
It probably means "rendering one tree in Crysis will be slower and stress your system more than rendering an entire scene in Farcry". :lol:

SlamDunk
11-12-06, 07:46 AM
I think JAKUP saw this running in real-time at the GeForce LAN G80 launch event.

Can't wait for the direct feed version. It will be scrutinized from top to bottom :D

Intel17
11-12-06, 10:08 AM

The Crytek rep was probably referring to "technology" as various shaders such as real-time per-pixel lighting, the faked radiosity they mentioned earlier, parallax mapping, etc.

Marvel_us
11-12-06, 01:19 PM
Damn that looked amazing, as usual. There was definitely a low frame rate but hopefully it'll get better closer to release.

Bearclaw
11-12-06, 01:43 PM
Wow, this game looks amazing.

OWA
11-12-06, 05:20 PM
No kidding. Wow, just wow!

K007
11-12-06, 07:31 PM
on word..

"DEMO"

FCGD
11-12-06, 07:36 PM
on word..

"DEMO"

as in, the gameplay will suck and it is just a tech demo? or as in, you want a demo TODAY! :)

I dont think this will be another doom 3 :}

K007
11-12-06, 09:25 PM
I just want to see the action...on my PC :/..too many videos..nuff with the videos..lets get some demos out..gameplay or techdemo..

dannyboy82
11-12-06, 10:28 PM
Cervat Yerli said there was normal mapping and subsurface scattering on every tree and leaf! That sounds pretty crazy.

jAkUp
11-12-06, 11:00 PM
Yup. Subsurface scattering.

Kinda off topic, but has any other game used subsurface scattering? I don't think many have used it.

Mr_LoL
11-13-06, 01:40 AM
Even if the gameplay in this game sucks, at least it will be pretty to look at.

SH0DAN
11-13-06, 01:28 PM
I am so glad I bought this GTS,the graphics are just jaw dropping in that HD vid!