PDA

View Full Version : 8800: new nvidia Fiasco ?

Pages : [1] 2 3

g133k
11-12-06, 05:35 PM
god. i can't trust what i just read ! :thumbdwn:

http://nokytech.fr/tres_gros_problemes_pour_les_8-5509-a.html

major overheat, condensator buzzing, artefact !?
im not ready to buy one :D

OWA
11-12-06, 05:37 PM
You should get one. Man, this card rocks and two is even better!! :)

sillyeagle
11-12-06, 05:38 PM
no hablo espanol, or whatever that is. lol

g133k
11-12-06, 05:39 PM
You should get one. Man, this card rocks and two is even better!! :)

i dont trust nvidia partner.

wait for real opponent , R600 , and see... :D

g133k
11-12-06, 05:39 PM
no hablo espanol

it's french :)

Cyant
11-12-06, 05:40 PM
Fine don't buy one. There's also the thousands of people with no problem...

g133k: Les site francais sont absolument horrible coter informatique cest la regle generale... Je n'ai jamais vus un site francais qui etait credible, ils dramatisent tout le temps.

|MaguS|
11-12-06, 05:45 PM
Your entire thread is just troll bait... Where was the old nVidia Fiasco? Your lack of "trust" on a company that has shown better support from its partners and parent company just speaks enough itself..

Go back to Rage3D....

Kaguya
11-12-06, 05:46 PM
Here's a very poor (but understandable) translation from the site:

Very big problems for the 8800 GTX and GTS?

According to the first feedbacks, certain Geforce 8800 GTX and GTS would know big problems overheat

In fact according to a salesperson of a known enough store in province which sold about short ten 8800 GTX (Of the brand BFG) the totality of these ones would be currently at SAV for problems overheat. One must however note that the 8800 touched GTX in this famous store are the one which knew the problem of resistance which made quite a lot of noise, however these cards had gone, back to nVidia for repair, cause these overheat is thus in theory not bound to the problems of resistance.

Here is the testimony of Theboss3475 who describes very well the problem on the forum Hardware.fr:

"I intervene again because people do not seem to have read my older remarks. Of course 80° it is not huge in full but problem overheats met comes of the temperature to iddle who borders on the 70 degrees (there, where the testeurses announce 50 degrees about.) In full, mine climbs in 86 degrees, it provoke artifacts, black monitors and company. The temperature of the storey of feeding is well worse, she is burnt in the touching. In addition, my graphic of the brand BFG card bought at Materiel.net whistles of strong manner extrêment at the time of benchmarks or of games "

Not very reassuring? Hold us to be determined that the salesperson of the store of which we talk is not Materiel.net, but any another creamery. Besides, the cards respect the design of origin nVidia, there are thus not the products BFG who risk to know this type problem

What about GTS? Is it hardly report that GTS were provoking also of problems overheats will, on certain cards, there would be a problem of frequencies, bad switching in 3D no doubt (or not of very short switching) more rejoicing, one confrere?What fathers unworthy performances! More more "amusing" still a dealer ERA in the hit received from 8800 GTS at Gigabyte with a BIOS"," at boot, it is marked "Engeneering Sample: Not for production "

Ca fears and if it were not an isolated problem, it risks to make a real fiasco, will, nVidia he would have missed the launching out of G80 out? Wait served and.

Talk about your hearsay!? "A friend of a guy who once met a guy who works at a reputable store said that one brand of 8800 GTX overheats. Since they use the nVidia reference design, all of them must be ready to blow."

No offense to the OP, but I'd really like to hear something from a source that I actually trust.

OWA
11-12-06, 05:46 PM
The fastest card ever, the best IQ ever, I was wondering what the ATI drones would try to latch on to. Personally, I thought it would be DX10 but whatever...

Edit: Sure, wait for the R600 and I'll be loving my 2 8800GTXs in the meantime.

|MaguS|
11-12-06, 05:50 PM
If theres such feedback on troubles with the 8800GTS then where is it? No large english site is reporting any such news, and there is no spam of threads on any nvidia or hardware forums.

g133k
11-12-06, 06:01 PM
The fastest card ever, the best IQ ever, I was wondering what the ATI drones would try to latch on to. Personally, I thought it would be DX10 but whatever...

Edit: Sure, wait for the R600 and I'll be loving my 2 8800GTXs in the meantime.

Stop to demonstrate to me your E - power. i don't care about what you do of your money. Mine is important. and i dont want buy anything related to DX10 before see:

1) ATI product
2) DX10 real perfs , on real game.
3) my 19 inch monitor can't do more than 1600x1200@85Hz.

and at these resolution , my single X1900XT still running fine. really fine.

pay 600$ for nothing .... hell no .

i will wait , and pay me a card, in Q2 or Q3 2007 , when real nextgen game will come. :)

Dazz
11-12-06, 06:02 PM
The problems seem to be with the GTX cards, the GTS cards seem fine. I think somes of the cards with the dogy transister made it out.

g133k
11-12-06, 06:03 PM
If theres such feedback on troubles with the 8800GTS then where is it? No large english site is reporting any such news, and there is no spam of threads on any nvidia or hardware forums.

wait and listen to :)
i will anyway...

Xion X2
11-12-06, 06:05 PM
god. i can't trust what i just read ! :thumbdwn:

Me either; it's in spanish.

g133k
11-12-06, 06:09 PM
Me either; it's in spanish.

i got it in french. bah localized site so ?

OWA
11-12-06, 06:12 PM
Stop to demonstrate to me your E - power. i don't care about what you do of your money. Mine is important. and i dont want buy anything related to DX10 before see:

1) ATI product
2) DX10 real perfs , on real game.
3) my 19 inch monitor can't do more than 1600x1200@85Hz.

and at these resolution , my single X1900XT still running fine. really fine.

pay 600$ for nothing .... hell no .

i will wait , and pay me a card, in Q2 or Q3 2007 , when real nextgen game will come. :)
Sure, I can see where an ATI drone wouldn't want the best card ever. ;)

g133k
11-12-06, 06:22 PM
Sure, I can see where an ATI drone wouldn't want the best card ever. ;)

best card ever ?

be the "best card ever" depends of game release context and retail price.
personnaly , my best card ever was a radeon. the 9800pro.
600++ Euro card isnt the "best".

now, it 's stupid to buy a such card if you don't have a big display and cpu.
3200+ and 19 inch, hey, what can i do with a 8800? (GTX of course)

yeah yeah , NV win blabla, but i don't care. i owned many nvidia cards.
my initial post was in order to inform , people who want buy some , to be carefull with it.
RMA sucks. i prefer inform. we never know ...

ps: OWA: your avatar is well adapted !

OWA
11-12-06, 06:25 PM
Heck man, I'd bet even Catalyst Maker has ditched his ATI...er AMD card for the 8800GTX.

Dazz
11-12-06, 06:25 PM
I am thinking of getting the EVGA 8800GTS then later SLi when i get a core 2 Quad at the moment i would say a GTX is a waste to me being so bottlecked, that and i am limited to 1680x1050. I will be more then happy with 1680x1050 + 16x AF & 4x FSAA.

g133k
11-12-06, 06:30 PM
I am thinking of getting the EVGA 8800GTS then later SLi when i get a core 2 Quad at the moment i would say a GTX is a waste to me being so bottlecked, that and i am limited to 1680x1050. I will be more then happy with 1680x1050 + 16x AF & 4x FSAA.

yup GTS is quite fast. LIKE 5% over X1950XT at 1600 4x.

but don't forget to heavily test it! run a 3Dm2006 in 5 or 6 loop.

OWA
11-12-06, 06:33 PM
See the problem is, you're grasping at straws trying to make your small little world make sense after it has been turned upside down. The G80 completely caught ATI by surprise. They expected to harp on the UA but alas, Nvidia surprised them leaving them with nothing to harp on. I'm sure marketing is working OT trying to find some weakness they can exploit but read the reviews, there's not much for them to grab on to. :)

g133k
11-12-06, 06:38 PM
The G80 completely caught ATI by surprise.

hmmm. no way man. suchs corporation know well opponent deadline.

They expected to harp on the UA but alas, Nvidia surprised them leaving them with nothing to harp on.

Actually ,ATI is exploiting his 0.09 chain . it's a well think economic plan.
the real big release is for the DX10 launch. everyone know that.
. ATI will continue to ship low end and midend GPU.

I'm sure marketing is working OT trying to find some weakness they can exploit but read the reviews, there's not much for them to grab on to. :)

i dont disagree with that :)

OWA
11-12-06, 06:42 PM

True, I don't doubt they'll continue to try to sell the X19xx series as low-end mid-range GPUs. They're actually a pretty good deal if you can get it for around $300 or less. Edit: but look out for the 8xxx series mid-range CPU but it looks like it might be Feb. before we see them.

g133k
11-12-06, 06:47 PM
True, I don't doubt they'll continue to try to sell the X19xx series as low-end mid-range GPUs. They're actually a pretty good deal if you can get it for around $300 or less. Edit: but look out for the 8xxx series mid-range CPU but it looks like it might be Feb. before we see them.

i dont consider 300$ GPU as "low end". :afraid:

SH0DAN
11-12-06, 06:49 PM
hmmm. no way man. suchs corporation know well opponent deadline.

Actually ,ATI is exploiting his 0.09 chain . it's a well think economic plan.
the real big release is for the DX10 launch. everyone know that.

i dont disagree with that :)

You are a poor jealous ATI fanboi,go crawl under a rock and stay under the rock... The 8800 series takes a dump on anything ATI has right now. :D