PDA

View Full Version : No "Apply At Startup" for nTune. What to do?

Pixelsmack
11-12-06, 07:19 PM
I like using the new GUI in the NVIDIA drivers. I installed nTune so I could continue underclocking my card. (7900 in SLI bug)

Normally I'd use the "classic" CP and CoolBits 2.0.

Anyone know how to make the nTune values stick in between reboots?

Thanks.

leadsled747
11-12-06, 07:29 PM
I like using the new GUI in the NVIDIA drivers. I installed nTune so I could continue underclocking my card. (7900 in SLI bug)

Normally I'd use the "classic" CP and CoolBits 2.0.

Anyone know how to make the nTune values stick in between reboots?

Thanks.
I have gotten it to stick by switching to classic style making adjustments then switching back....

OWA
11-12-06, 07:31 PM
I think you're supposed to save a profile. I was told that the help on this subject is very useful.

Pixelsmack
11-12-06, 07:33 PM
I went ahead and saved a profile from the Performance area. I hope it knows to always use that profle. I saved it to the default location it asked, and there was another file in there, but not an nTune one.

Guess I will know after a reboot.

Thanks for the help.

SLippe
11-12-06, 08:39 PM
I have discovered two different areas where to overclock in NTune and one area has a check box saying something along the lines of "Keep These Settings Until Next Reboot", which by default is checked. I unchecked mine, but haven't rebooted in the last day or so. I will right now and see if my overclocks stick. BRB!

EDIT: Nope! Even with that check box unchecked, they were at Default after reboot. I've uninstalled these and I'm sticking with 91.47.