PDA

View Full Version : Jen-Hsun Huang Rocks!

weeds
11-12-06, 07:52 PM
I saw this thread at HardOCP, Pretty cool guy Jen-Hsun Huang.:)

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1119733

mike686
11-12-06, 07:59 PM
I wonder what his daugher looks like. :naughty:

CaptNKILL
11-12-06, 08:30 PM
Damn, what a lucky bastard. :p

I'd have had him sign the box and then I'd keep it stashed away somewhere forever. :D

Blacklash
11-12-06, 08:46 PM
Where are these Zalman coolers they are talking about in that thread? The only 9700 I know of is a CPU cooler.

Marvel_us
11-12-06, 09:01 PM
What a cool guy. It's not like it really costs him much to practically give away a GTX but he really didn't have to.

I agree with Captnkill. I would've had him autograph the box....though I can't say that I wouldn't have taken the card out though.:o

hirantha
11-12-06, 09:48 PM
wow nvidia CEO buys eVGA how cool is that? and buy a GTX for that guy? yeah he is cool!

vandalous
11-13-06, 02:15 AM
He was wandering all through the GF3 main floor after the G80 release party and watched what we were playing and asked questions and stuff. He and his Sr. VP seemed genuinely thankful for the Club SLI members that showed up to the event and for supporting the company as a whole. That Club SLI-only raffle they held in parallel to the main raffle (won a 7900GT) and the free "Club SLI" embroidered Ogio backpack they gave out to ClubSLI'ers helped underscore their appreciation.

Bearclaw
11-13-06, 02:22 AM
Wow, that's really cool.

Treason
11-13-06, 07:01 AM
Jen-Hsun Huang is a great individual. He has single-handedly brought down the competition; a 20+ year old company ruthlessly in almost 5 years. In a year he'll be the owner of the company that is the only provider in the world of discrete solutions.

Yet he has time to meet and greet with his fanbase and give generously. nVidia is indeed in good hands. :beer:

DMA
11-13-06, 07:10 AM
I bet he can afford it. :o

cschueths
11-13-06, 10:49 AM
If you've ever read his wikipedia page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jen-Hsun_Huang), you'd be amazed at this modern-day success story. Considering that he only got his undergraduate degree (BSEE) in 84 (he co-founded nvidia in 93), he's pretty young and inexperienced for being quite a successful CEO. I don't know how much he's worth, but I would venture to guess that it's somewhere near $100 million.

I only got my undergraduate degrees (BS Math/BS CS) about a year and a half ago, and I couldn't imagine founding an ambitious startup within 8-9 years from now. But those are footsteps I'd like to follow.

SH64
11-13-06, 03:53 PM
Thats so cool of JHH! :)

ViN86
11-13-06, 03:56 PM
why isnt my dad the CEO of nVidia? lol

those guys on [H] are idiots. they dont understand why the CEO of nVidia bought cards.
1. its a promotion. the CEO "buying" the cards sends a sign of confidence
2. im sure he didnt pay a dime for the cards and the company will send the receipt to nvidia who will just sign off on them
3. buying a card for a real person further promotes the cards and sends a sign of confidence.

all the guys on [H]ard forums are saying "who cares, he has more money than God" and "i dont understand why he had to buy one after release". jeeze :bleh:

D!Z
11-13-06, 04:02 PM
:headbang:

A101Sugar
11-13-06, 04:41 PM
what a great guy

A101Sugar
11-13-06, 10:39 PM
I wonder what his daugher looks like. :naughty:

I like your thinking.... marry into riches :captnkill:

hemmy
11-13-06, 11:33 PM
If you've ever read his wikipedia page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jen-Hsun_Huang), you'd be amazed at this modern-day success story. Considering that he only got his undergraduate degree (BSEE) in 84 (he co-founded nvidia in 93), he's pretty young and inexperienced for being quite a successful CEO. I don't know how much he's worth, but I would venture to guess that it's somewhere near $100 million.

I only got my undergraduate degrees (BS Math/BS CS) about a year and a half ago, and I couldn't imagine founding an ambitious startup within 8-9 years from now. But those are footsteps I'd like to follow.

Bill Gates dropped out so i guess anything can happen