PDA

View Full Version : 8800 gtx and oblivion hitching question

firehawk
11-12-06, 08:29 PM
does anyone with a 8800 gtx still get loading hitch from objects and landscape textures loading in? while forceing 16 af>

iam running my af at 16 and my aa at 2 tran aa is set to multi.

my framerate is awsome but i still hitch as it dynamically loads in the next area. myabe my ram is too slow i have 2gb and the timeings are 3-4-4-8

?

ArrowMk84
11-12-06, 08:35 PM
does anyone with a 8800 gtx still get loading hitch from objects and landscape textures loading in? while forceing 16 af>

iam running my af at 16 and my aa at 2 tran aa is set to multi.

my framerate is awsome but i still hitch as it dynamically loads in the next area. myabe my ram is too slow i have 2gb and the timeings are 3-4-4-8

?

I have this "problem" as well, and I had it with my GX2 and my 7800s as well. Its your hard drive holding everything up. Nothing short of a serious raid is going to fix this. Better yet, Bethseda should just make a better streaming system, one that constantly loads individual cells as move through the world instead of batches of them when you hit a trigger distance.

firehawk
11-12-06, 08:40 PM
Bethseda should just make a better streaming system, one that constantly loads individual cells as move through the world instead of batches of them when you hit a trigger distance.

yeah, i'd rather have one big load hitch every so often as apposed to 10 multiple tiny hitchs every 30 seconds as i run through the world

DRen72
11-13-06, 09:42 AM
Yeah, its just the game engine, not the video card.

LeStoffer
11-13-06, 10:56 AM
Thank God you guys also have this issue! Phew, I was worried that something was wrong with my new 8800GTX/E6700 setup.

I checked with fraps and never got below 50 fps, so I guess I'll just have to accept it. Running on a Raptor harddrive btw with 97.02 driver.