PDA

View Full Version : Who in here is waiting overnight for a ps3?

FCGD
11-12-06, 11:27 PM
Who in here is waiting overnight for a ps3? Anyone getting into line more than 24 hours before it goes on sale? And if you are, are you doing it for Ebay or are you actually going to keep it? Discuss.

toxikneedle
11-12-06, 11:46 PM
A bunch of my friends are doing it, I actually don't have 600 bucks to get one to resell. I just saw an ebay auction that went for $9,000 for a PS3 preorder..... So yeah its definet. worth it.

Bearclaw
11-13-06, 12:08 AM
A couple of my friends are, I might join them and just hang out with them the night of the launch.

ad hoc
11-13-06, 12:41 AM
Not me... I feel that the time it would take for me to get a PS3 (via waiting in line and/or rushing around town), I would get less financial and emotional return from reselling them on ebay than if I just went to sleep that night and went to work the next day.

Bad_Boy
11-13-06, 12:44 AM
got it preordered, so not camping for me. :x

lIqUID
11-13-06, 07:06 AM
I've already got one preordered and paid in full (first in line at GS). Walmart will be selling theirs at 12:01am Friday, I'm thinking Ill take Thursday off of work and go camp in Walmart at about 5am or so that morning.

Treason
11-13-06, 08:07 AM
I wonder how much flaming will be generated if you got a PS3 and promptly posted in the for sale/trade forums of well informed sites such as nvnews, rage3d, hardocp, etc. that you're selling it for $1000 US?

Also wonder how many nvnews members would bite at that price?

Marvel_us
11-13-06, 08:13 AM
I wonder how much flaming will be generated if you got a PS3 and promptly posted in the for sale/trade forums of well informed sites such as nvnews, rage3d, hardocp, etc. that you're selling it for $1000 US?

Lol! I assume not too many people from nvnews would want it since we are PC gaming primarily. However, we might have some lurkers that will sign up and want to buy it.

evilchris
11-13-06, 08:32 PM

I'm setting a Buy it Now auction at $1,999 at around 12:30 after I get home from GS pickup.

Mr. Hunt
11-13-06, 08:56 PM
Indeed... preordered but at my Gamestop it seems to be a "first come, first serve" for preorders :\... I like camping though... camped the PS2.

Bman212121
11-13-06, 10:12 PM
I'm probably going to camp out, but not more than 24 hours. I'm more apt to get there like 8 hours before an see how many people are in line. I can probably get a console no problems from a few places around here if I'm 8 hours early.

My mom got me a PS2 by simply going to a store like 30 mins before they opened. I expect there to be a lot harder time this time simply because the supply is much lower. My ps2 was the last one they had. (12/12)

Ruined
11-13-06, 11:04 PM
Who in here is waiting overnight for a ps3? Anyone getting into line more than 24 hours before it goes on sale? And if you are, are you doing it for Ebay or are you actually going to keep it? Discuss.

First of all, I wouldn't wait overnight for a PS3 because it is overpriced and Blu-Ray is being forced down my throat; this is especially poor when I feel Blu-Ray is an inferior consumer format compared to HD DVD.

Second, you can make a lot more money going to work for 24 hours than you can selling a console on eBay.

Bman212121
11-13-06, 11:22 PM
First of all, I wouldn't wait overnight for a PS3 because it is overpriced and Blu-Ray is being forced down my throat; this is especially poor when I feel Blu-Ray is an inferior consumer format compared to HD DVD.

Second, you can make a lot more money going to work for 24 hours than you can selling a console on eBay.

O RLY??

I guess I don't know too many people who make over a grand in a day. Just saw one go for $1875 + shipping. Debating weather or not I really want to be able to play mine right away. :)

FCGD
11-13-06, 11:27 PM
O RLY??

I guess I don't know too many people who make over a grand in a day. Just saw one go for $1875 + shipping. Debating weather or not I really want to be able to play mine right away. :)

1,875 american dollars? christ. "a fool and his money soon part ways" rings true yet again.

Peoples-Agent
11-13-06, 11:37 PM
Fair play to EvilChris , if idiots are willing to pay that much then so be it.

I feel glad I don't have kids everytime a new gen console comes out before Xmas, can picture myself going to stupid extents to get one for them. lol

Bman212121
11-13-06, 11:40 PM
Fair play to EvilChris , if idiots are willing to pay that much then so be it.

I feel glad I don't have kids everytime a new gen console comes out before Xmas, can picture myself going to stupid extents to get one for them. lol

QFT.

I know I'd never get something like that, but there are a lot of spoiled children that will eventually learn stuff isn't cheap.

brady
11-14-06, 12:11 AM
I was planning on going down to the local costco friday morning. That's what I did for the 360 and I didn't have to wait all night long. Problem is, costco isn't going to carry the ps3 on launch day...so, yeah, that's a problem. Sam's club maybe?:(

Treason
11-15-06, 07:28 AM
Hmm, sounds like my price of $1000 US seems a bit low. :)

Problem is I have a zero rating on a three year old account on eBay and I'm not about to take a newbie price hit on such an expensive machine.

ENU291
11-15-06, 07:43 AM
I'm setting a Buy it Now auction at $1,999 at around 12:30 after I get home from GS pickup.
This is exactly what I'm doing with the 2 PS3's I have on pre-order. I got the call for both of them from EB (2 different stores) so it's a lock for me. :D My buy it now will be $1,999 and my reserve will most likely be about $1,599. Hopefully some rich bastards will snatch them up without batting an eye lash! ;)