PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia to release Forceware X next week

Pages : [1] 2 3

AthlonXP1800
11-13-06, 03:44 AM
Maybe it will be called Forceware X something or Forceware 100. 100 sound good for Nvidia driver team to cut a cake to celebrate 100th driver. :D

The new Forceware will have redesigned Control Panel that look like Ntune. :)

http://www.theinq.com/default.aspx?article=35692

K007
11-13-06, 03:55 AM
X...i dunno..sounds a bit lame lol

If they dont wanna name the Forceware 100.92..etc..they cauld just call it Forceware 1.xx..I think ATI drivers are like that..either way 100 or what eva is fine for me..dosen't bother me..should be intresting to see a new face lift..the X sound..i dunno seems a bit..silly -.-

PeterJensen
11-13-06, 03:59 AM
just give me the damn vista driver :)

doom_st
11-13-06, 04:13 AM
i want this set of drivers now my vista final can't wait any more

D!Z
11-13-06, 04:47 AM
(nana2)

F_L_C
11-13-06, 05:07 AM
X, Y, Z, I don't fkn care what they call it. I only ask that they keep temp monitoring and OCing integrated into the driver. There is absolutey NO NEED to install YET ANOTHER app (like ntune or whatever the F it's called) to do these basic things. Coolbits OCing and reporting better work right again for old-gen cards, and not just G71, G73, and G80.

Skinner
11-13-06, 05:33 AM
I remember I read somewhere the shader engines aren't running on fullspeed yet, so maybe there are some nice gains along with this set, and hopefully image sharpening comes back :D

DRen72
11-13-06, 09:47 AM
I remember I read somewhere the shader engines aren't running on fullspeed yet, so maybe there are some nice gains along with this set, and hopefully image sharpening comes back :D

Oh no doubt. With every card release there has followed several months of new beta drivers that have improved performance and IQ. Then eventually things level off. We should see improvements and compatibility fixes for months to come.

nekrosoft13
11-13-06, 09:54 AM
now that G80 is unified architecture, how excactly does the card or driver knows how many shaders go for what?

gold_roger
11-13-06, 12:54 PM
I can't wait for this driver, hopefully they release x64 version on the same day like they usually do. It sucks using beta driver for 8800gtx.

Mabe these can resolve my performance issues and make SC 4 playable.

DRen72
11-13-06, 02:02 PM
Mabe these can resolve my performance issues and make SC 4 playable.

I'll second that about SC4. I waited for months for this game and now I can't even run it. Grumble! :thumbdwn:

Shocky
11-13-06, 02:14 PM
We need it last week not next week.. Their 8800 drivers are awful... :(

CaptNKILL
11-13-06, 04:28 PM
now that G80 is unified architecture, how excactly does the card or driver knows how many shaders go for what?
I thought I read somewhere that it actually only does the balancing thing in DirectX 10, so right now they may be preset to specific kinds of shaders when running DX9.

I dont know though. I just saw that in some random preview. If it is true, I wonder how the 128 shaders are divided up. Seems like quite a bit to me when you think in terms of previous generations of cards.

Either way, I think new drivers are going to solve a lot of problems and most likely give us even better performance. I cant believe the current ones even work with these cards... you'd think they would need a totally different set of drivers to run a card built on a totally new architecture.

TiKiMaN1
11-13-06, 04:54 PM
I was wondering when they would reach 100!:D

Hopefully this driver provides an even greater performance boost.

Morrow
11-13-06, 05:52 PM
I thought I read somewhere that it actually only does the balancing thing in DirectX 10, so right now they may be preset to specific kinds of shaders when running DX9.

The DX9 API "requires" fixed shaders but the drivers nevertheless should be able to shuffle the shader operations more efficiently between the shader units on the fly, without that the API notices it.

nforced4good
11-13-06, 06:02 PM
the whole Shader pipe thing was always handled by software

Dx9 will work the same way as Dx10 games in the new unified shader architecture. as Dx9-EX has been modified to use the new system.

tbh, it works fine on Dx9c for XP which says to me that Dx itself doesn't care about the shader types.

Morrow, DX9 doesn't care what shaders are there

DX reads the Driver for the info regarding on how to handle the rendering,

nforced4good
11-13-06, 06:05 PM
the whole Shader pipe thing was always handled by software

Dx9 will work the same way as Dx10 games in the new unified shader architecture. as Dx9-EX has been modified to use the new system.

tbh, it works fine on Dx9c for XP which says to me that Dx itself doesn't care about the shader types.

Morrow, DX9 doesn't care what shaders are there

DX reads the Driver for the info regarding on how to handle the rendering,

monkeydust
11-13-06, 07:01 PM
I just hope they fixed the overscan adjustment control. :(

Q
11-13-06, 09:24 PM
Jeez...I'd like a stable system SOMETIME this week...

Phyxion
11-14-06, 12:08 AM
and might see the face of the earth on Friday, in week 46.

Week 46 is this week mates ;)

PeterAce
11-14-06, 08:51 AM
G80 from all data so far looks to be hardware self manageing/self load-balancing unified shader.

There is a hardware Global Schuduler and each of the 8 'ALU Clusters' has it own hardware Local Scheduler.

Each 'ALU Cluster' runs hundreds of thread/batches (these can be Pixel, Vertex or Geometry Shader).

There doesn't look to be any artifical split for DX9.

The only thing that is likely to be software programable is that the Schedulers may be able to be able to be Macro Code updated to alter their 'weighting algorithms' that almost certainly moniters 'what's inside' each of the three FIFO Buffers (which would hold the state of each thread type - PS/VS/GS).

RanCorX2
11-14-06, 09:59 AM
Jeez...I'd like a stable system SOMETIME this week...

I suggest you upgrade from windows me then

:D sorry crap joke...

looking forward to these too, if the information is real.

SLippe
11-14-06, 01:16 PM
Hope they are better than the crappy 97.02 set!

Skinner
11-14-06, 01:44 PM
Hope they are better than the crappy 97.02 set!

Yeah 97.02 pretty bugged yet, SCDA, CoJ are messed up. No refreshrate override, greyed out image sharpening slider.

Hopefully the will be laeked somewhere..

DigiQ8
11-14-06, 02:22 PM
Yea i cant wait for it :(