PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a 360, woo!

sytaylor
11-13-06, 07:42 AM
Would you guys reccomend a live subscription for a guy who doesnt play online games much? Im interested mostly in the demo's and content etc.

I got me Dead Rising, GoW and Fight Night Rd 3; next purchases Smackdown 07 and THP8... Oh and it arrives tomorrow, anyone seen any ghosts,, Im feeling ghostbusterish :D

Marvel_us
11-13-06, 08:10 AM
Congrats on the purchase, some nice choices for games as well.

Lol, at the ghost comment. Shove it behind your entertainment center.

Badboy_12345
11-13-06, 08:11 AM
I wouldnt recommend gold subscription if you dont play online.. but the silver subscription is free if you didnt know that. And you can do everything expect for playing games online

Apollo 13
11-13-06, 08:56 AM
well you already get 1 month free of gold and you can get more when it runs out buy making a new account. I think you can only do this 3 times.

sytaylor
11-13-06, 09:02 AM
well you already get 1 month free of gold and you can get more when it runs out buy making a new account. I think you can only do this 3 times.

LOL, awesome, Ill give that a shot, may play GoW online, see how that goes.

LurkerLito
11-13-06, 09:03 AM
Well give the one month free a try and see how much you play. When I got my 360, I played once, and during the free verizon weekend thing I didn't play at all, so for me I don't think it is worth the money to pay for gold access.

ENU291
11-13-06, 09:03 AM
If you love to play multiplayer online then getting a Gold sub is a no brainer. If you are interested in the Xbox 360 web cam then I suggest you buy the $80 cam deal that comes with 200 points, 2 arcade games, the camera, a headset and a 12 month Gold sub. It's a pretty good deal.

six_storm
11-13-06, 09:18 AM
Good choice on the console man! GoW online is a blast, don't underestimate it. It's way better than Halo and 10x more fun. Hope you enjoy it, especially GoW.

Mr. Hunt
11-13-06, 09:33 AM
Good choice on the console man! GoW online is a blast, don't underestimate it. It's way better than Halo and 10x more fun. Hope you enjoy it, especially GoW.

10 times nothing = nothing.

Namrok
11-13-06, 09:36 AM
The crowd that plays on Live is the most immature gaming community I've ever exposed myself too. Find some good friends to play with and you'll be fine though. My gamertag is Horkthane if you are up for some GoW.

ad hoc
11-13-06, 10:03 AM
Would you guys reccomend a live subscription for a guy who doesnt play online games much? Im interested mostly in the demo's and content etc.

I got me Dead Rising, GoW and Fight Night Rd 3; next purchases Smackdown 07 and THP8... Oh and it arrives tomorrow, anyone seen any ghosts,, Im feeling ghostbusterish :D

Congrats on your purchase; you made a good decision!

Regarding the Gold subscription, I've had the X360 for over a year and just got the Gold subscription for GoW. Didn't feel the need for it till just now. Over the last couple of days on Live, though, I'm not sure the majority of the crowd is all that mature, hence finding a fun game (and one that doesn't boot you right after 'connecting') is a PITA.

Hit me up if you want to play some Co-op or versus in GoW.

Ninjaman09
11-13-06, 10:27 AM
Yes, GoW is awesome online and you should seriously consider getting a Gold subscription, it's completely worth it.

saturnotaku
11-13-06, 10:46 AM
Online co-op with GoW would by itself make a Gold subscription worth it. I never play anything online and think it's worth it.

Congrats on your purchase. You'll love it. :D

Peoples-Agent
11-13-06, 12:01 PM
Nice one Sy, glad you saw the light dude.

Currently enjoying Pro Evo 6, Fight Night 3, Call of Duty 3 and Smackdown 2007.

Has to be said, if you played the other Smackdown games on the PS2, this new one is a MUST BUY title. It's fantastic fun, especially with a few mates over and beers.

I'll be nabbing Gears of War later this week no doubt.

I heard a rumour that Toys R Us are doing an XB Live subscription and an older title game for 20.

Xbox Live is essential IMO .... if only to enjoy Co-Op gaming, GRAW with the addon is ace fun too btw, and you can pick that up pretty cheap now.

Gamer tags PeoplesAgent .... I can host some mean Co-Op games with the old ADSL2+.

sytaylor
11-13-06, 02:21 PM
I feel like the prettiest girl at the dance, everyone trying to put their "tags" in me :p

Aight guys, it arrives tomorrow at 1pm GMT, I may go quiet for a while :p

Peoples-Agent
11-13-06, 11:35 PM
I feel like the prettiest girl at the dance, everyone trying to put their "tags" in me :p

Aight guys, it arrives tomorrow at 1pm GMT, I may go quiet for a while :p

Jammy sod! ....I'll be at work then, heh

I'll be online Wednesday night hopefully.

For more insight, you might want to check out the info at xbox.com/live , plus you can log into your Gamer area and check your stats, send messages to people on your XBL friends list etc ...pretty useful.