PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft has set it's sights on Capcom?!?!

ENU291
11-13-06, 03:10 PM
Looks like the boys at One Microsoft Way have set their sites on the Japanese game developer Capcom. I doubt this rumor will pan out but with the uber amounts of cash that MS has on hand anything is possible.

http://international.xboxway.com/news/archive/2006/11/11/xbox_360_rumour_microsoft_wants_capcom.aspx

Hex
11-13-06, 03:18 PM
Looks like the boys at One Microsoft Way have set their sites on the Japanese game developer Capcom. I doubt this rumor will pan out but with the uber amounts of cash that MS has on hand anything is possible.

http://international.xboxway.com/news/archive/2006/11/11/xbox_360_rumour_microsoft_wants_capcom.aspx

They got that from the new issue of EGM's rumor section.
They wish.

nekrosoft13
11-13-06, 03:20 PM
wouldn't it be funny if MS bought Square, Capcom and Polyphony something(people from GT)?

Hex
11-13-06, 03:39 PM
wouldn't it be funny if MS bought Square, Capcom and Polyphony something(people from GT)?

No, without competition things get really stale really fast.
I do not care which of the big 3 is your favorite, it would be bad all around.

Marvel_us
11-13-06, 03:52 PM
I don't think it will happen. Capcom will most probably share a lot of games between Xbox360 and PS3. They would have to see the Xbox360 sales in Japan start to really pick up for them to stick with Xbox alone.

It's possible but I don't think it will happen.

Toss3
11-13-06, 04:19 PM
Well Microsoft is always better than EA at least... :) And I wouldn't mind Microsoft buying both Square and Polyphony Digital since it would solve a lot of my money problems, having to buy only one console to get the games that I like! :)

|MaguS|
11-13-06, 04:30 PM
Polyphony Digital is owned by Sony... As for Square, Square-Enix is worth too much, they would never sell especially to MS, If they were going under I wouldn't dout the share holders selling to Sony before they ever throught of selling to MS... You know... that whole Japanese pride thing...

evilchris
11-13-06, 09:29 PM
Shareholders care about profits. The highest bidder would win and Microsoft has 2946246926924896 times the money Sony has.