PDA

View Full Version : Did Starforce kill my DVD burner?

AdmiralHalsey..
11-13-06, 07:15 PM
I just installed X3 and tried to circumvent Starforce being installed by installing the 2.01 update without restarting. What I got was a garbled icon for my dvd drive shortcut on my desktop and a burner that seems to freeze shortly after staring to burn something. I'm gonna try to remove that crap and hope its fixed. I always thought it was just pirates who got their drives broke, which I'm totally cool with:) but i'm not a pirate. I bought the piece of crap...

Bearclaw
11-13-06, 08:43 PM
Ya..starforce sucks..

lightman
11-14-06, 12:47 PM
I always thought it was just pirates who got their drives broke, which I'm totally cool with:) but i'm not a pirate. I bought the piece of crap...

Welcome to the joy of Starcrap. Sorry, just jokin'. But that's exactly the reason I don't buy games using that piece of crap.

Btw, have you tried using the Starforce removal tool (you can find it on Starforce site) ? Maybe it's just a matter of those ****ty SF drivers, and your burner is still fine...

Bearclaw
11-14-06, 01:15 PM
Welcome to the joy of Starcrap. Sorry, just jokin'. But that's exactly the reason I don't buy games using that piece of crap.

Btw, have you tried using the Starforce removal tool (you can find it on Starforce site) ? Maybe it's just a matter of those ****ty SF drivers, and your burner is still fine...
Ya, I doubht it actually did something but try the removal tool on their website.

AdmiralHalsey..
11-14-06, 09:23 PM
I found the tool. My Icons fixed and my burner works. Funny, the last time I installed X3 with a different burner in my comp, it didn't do that. Man, companies bailed on starforce just in time if thats the kind of **** it does to people's machines. F@$# that. We need government intervention to block pirate sites, not software that does this...What if I was less computer literate? What If I didn't know how to view hidden drivers? Guess I'd be F@$#ed huh...phfff

AdmiralHalsey..
11-14-06, 09:23 PM
And thanks guys.

Bearclaw
11-14-06, 10:21 PM
Glad you got that figured out.

Lesson learned: Starforce i teh suxor.

lightman
11-15-06, 12:58 PM
Glad you got that figured out.

Lesson learned: Starforce i teh suxor.

QFT :D