11-13-06, 10:21 PM
Doh!!! Good luck preorderers

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6161580.html

Bad_Boy
11-14-06, 06:33 AM
I'm still ok for mine. :)

Mr. Hunt
11-14-06, 06:54 AM
Oh sweet this might turn out better than I had hoped... I was planning on camping it out and being a first come, first serve... but now I can just wait on the call... I BETTER GET THE GOOD CALL! I was second in line (though the freaking retarded cashier let some chick preorder 2 because one was under a different name... freaking idiot).

Bad_Boy
11-14-06, 07:24 AM
2nd in line out of how many?
you should be ok, I was 8th in line and still got the "good call" :)

Mr. Hunt
11-14-06, 07:26 AM
2nd in line out of how many?
you should be ok, I was 8th in line and still got the "good call" :)

You got called already? Dang... I haven't been... RAWR! I better get called with good news or I will go in there and choke them all to death.

And not sure the number of people... probably 6-8?

Bad_Boy
11-14-06, 07:37 AM
yeah I got called last night. anyways, good luck to you, hoping that you get the good call.

Mr. Hunt
11-14-06, 07:43 AM
yeah I got called last night. anyways, good luck to you, hoping that you get the good call.

I better... or I will come to your house and kill YOU FOR YOURS! AND KILL ANYBODY IN MY WAY!

CHEVYMAN_02
11-14-06, 07:51 AM
For launch day, preorders will be filled in the order they were received, and those who had a preorder but are denied a system on day one will receive something for their troubles. GameStop will give those unfortunate customers (as well as unfortunate employees) a free used game or DVD valued at $19.99 or less when they eventually wind up purchasing the system.

How in the world do you put a $100 down on the system and in return not get the system but get a free used game or DVD. That is not right.

ENU291
11-14-06, 08:05 AM
I got the scoop on this early yesterday and ran over to the Gamestop I pre-ordered from and paid in full. I should definitely get a PS3 on Friday. If you guys are interesting in it let me know. I'll send you a link to my Ebay auction! Muahahahah! :D

Bad_Boy
11-14-06, 08:08 AM
I better... or I will come to your house and kill YOU FOR YOURS! AND KILL ANYBODY IN MY WAY!
:p :p

Marvel_us
11-14-06, 08:36 AM
I got the scoop on this early yesterday and ran over to the Gamestop I pre-ordered from and paid in full. I should definitely get a PS3 on Friday. If you guys are interesting in it let me know. I'll send you a link to my Ebay auction! Muahahahah! :D

Bastard!:D

Good luck.

Bad_Boy
11-14-06, 10:44 AM
ebgames actually left me a automatic voice message yesterday saying I can pick up my copy of resistance this afternoon, but I guess it doesnt do me much good without a ps3. lol

zoomy942
11-14-06, 11:04 AM
just buy a nintendo wii instead

Bad_Boy
11-14-06, 11:08 AM
I'll pass. Maybe I'll get one for my nephew when they get around 100-150.

Slybri
11-14-06, 02:51 PM
I'm just gonna wait till next year on these new systems. By next spring there should be plenty units on shelves with the bugs worked out and more games available. And I won't have to fight the horde to buy the thing.

I'm spending all my money on the 360 this holiday. There's a new game I want coming out almost every week and I've just started Gears of War. Not to mention the HD-DVD addon. That and World of Warcraft ought to keep me happy till the PS3 is fully tested and readily available.

I might end up gettin a Wii though. I doubt I can resist a new Zelda game.

Bearclaw
11-14-06, 03:09 PM
My roomate is getting one. I will stick to PC gaming and the occasional console gaming.

lIqUID
11-14-06, 03:59 PM
I called to check on my preorder and Im good to go, but I really didnt sweat it since I was #1 on the list and already paid in full. The clerk wouldnt tell me how many they will recieve out of the original 8.

I do remember a woman being the last preorder and it being for her son that saved up all summer for it. Unfortunately the only person out of the 8 that was going to legit keep it wont be getting one. Oh well, Ill be a couple $$$$ richer in a week and it wont bug me as much heh.

Droid6
11-14-06, 04:25 PM
I just went to my Gameflop to pay off my POS3 and they told me that they were going to call everyone one that pre-ordered and tell them it is going to be first come first serve for the people on the list Friday morning. Leave it for some San Diegan idiot to come up with that lame ass idea.

Tyr-Sog
11-14-06, 05:18 PM
First come first serve preorder :screwy: . Where's the KY?

Zelda_fan
11-14-06, 05:59 PM
this is ****in hilarious. People are going to get screwed.

six_storm
11-14-06, 06:13 PM
Sony should have waited another month or two just to make enough systems. I guess it's part of their marketing strategy with the whole supply/demand thing.

Tyr-Sog
11-14-06, 06:22 PM
Maybe the customers should demand their deposites back with the interest that was occured on their money.

Droid6
11-14-06, 06:27 PM
I'm going to call the district manager and try to have this resolved before I get in line at 4 in the morning to get my pre-order.

lIqUID
11-14-06, 08:21 PM
this is ****in hilarious. People are going to get screwed.

How so? when you get your receipt you get a slip that states you might not get the console on launch. I think most of this is from stores taking more preorders then what their original allocations were to begin with.

I've also read that people whos preorders were cancelled will have a guaranteed spot from a second shipment that will supposedly arrive before Xmas.

Zelda_fan
11-14-06, 08:28 PM
How so? when you get your receipt you get a slip that states you might not get the console on launch. I think most of this is from stores taking more preorders then what their original allocations were to begin with.

I've also read that people whos preorders were cancelled will have a guaranteed spot from a second shipment that will supposedly arrive before Xmas.

I find it funny that people who waited in a long ass line just to pre-order the thing will get their panties in a bunch come launch days. I also find it funny that the suckers buying the pre-orders off of ebay for 1.5 grand are currently sweating bullets.