PDA

View Full Version : Bloodrayne 2 all screwed up with 97.02 and 8800GTX!

Mike89
11-14-06, 12:42 AM
Just fired up Bloodrayne 2, one of my favorite games since I got my 8800GTX using the 97.02 drivers.

Game is now messed up bad! Opening game menu shows big red square and it's hard to read the text underneath it. In the game itself, everything looks washed out (a very pronounced grey affect) where before it was very vivid looking. Killing someone now shows red squares on the floor instead of blood. Very F-ing horrible.

Nvidia really need to come out with some new drivers.

MUYA
11-14-06, 01:10 AM
Are u sure it's the drivers and not the game engine itself?

Parts
11-14-06, 03:08 AM
Just fired up Bloodrayne 2, one of my favorite games since I got my 8800GTX using the 97.02 drivers.

Game is now messed up bad! Opening game menu shows big red square and it's hard to read the text underneath it. In the game itself, everything looks washed out (a very pronounced grey affect) where before it was very vivid looking. Killing someone now shows red squares on the floor instead of blood. Very F-ing horrible.

Nvidia really need to come out with some new drivers.

Its happening in response to the news of Ewe Boll doing a Bloodrayne movie sequel.

Mike89
11-14-06, 04:15 AM
It's not the game engine. I just played it recently with the previous 7900GTX and 91.47 drivers and it played fine.

crainger
11-14-06, 06:28 AM
I wouldn't bet on new drivers fixing Bloodrayne 2. From what I remember the game engine had a weird way of doing things from the start.

It's possible with DX10 looming it's time for nvidia to cut the strings on some of the more difficult games. Having said that I loved BR2 and would love to be able to play this on my 8800GTX.

walterman
11-14-06, 04:57 PM
Oh, don't tell me that the game doesn't work on the G80 :(

Mike, did you try with other drivers ? :(

OWA
11-14-06, 05:51 PM
Heh, I knew this was gonna upset you.

Mike89
11-14-06, 06:10 PM
Yep I tried it with the drivers that came on the BFG disk. Same thing.

Hopefully since Bloodrayne 2 is available on Steam for purchase, they might have some clout to get this fixed.

I might be on the minority here but I really love this game. It's one of the ones that remains on my hard drive and I continue to play it from time to time. It's just a cool game and fun to play. I sure hope this gets fixed, I don't want to lose this one.

Mike89
11-14-06, 07:27 PM
I had relayed this info to Nvidia through their website and got a response from them.

I understand the difficulties that you are currently facing and sorry for the inconvenience that have caused you. However, If NVIDIA is able to reproduce your bug, we will work towards providing a fix through our next driver update release. The problem you cite is already noted and will be fixed at an undisclosed date in the future.

So it looks like they were already aware of this. I would also assume they must be aware of the issues with SC DA also (as it's a much more recent game and many are having issues with it)

OWA
11-14-06, 08:02 PM
Cool, since I still like playing BR2 also.

Yeah, at the moment, not being able to even play SC:DA is the most pressing issue though. I wasn't sure it was a driver issue though since so many people are having issues with the game. Either way, I hope someone fixes it soon.