PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 3 disassembly clips

AthlonXP1800
11-14-06, 01:53 AM
I found 4 clips full disassembled PS3 console, it very interesting to watch it, much better than some pics of parts posted on internet that cant tell you how big the parts are.

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=11765

I am really surprised at the size of PS3 motherboard, it seem very small, probably bit smaller than Xbox 360 motherboard.

BioHazZarD
11-14-06, 03:46 AM
lol how many japanese does it take to screw apart a ps3 ?

Marvel_us
11-14-06, 08:20 AM
I found 4 clips full disassembled PS3 console, it very interesting to watch it, much better than some pics of parts posted on internet that cant tell you how big the parts are.

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=11765

I am really surprised at the size of PS3 motherboard, it seem very small, probably bit smaller than Xbox 360 motherboard.

You can tell the size of various parts from the pics.

It also helps having more people around just incase you can't remember what goes where during reassembly.......hopefully they reassembled.:o

I didn't know they took apart Six Axis as well, thanks.

|MaguS|
11-14-06, 08:31 PM
I think Sony beat ModChips in the simplist form... making it a bitch to take the system apart, lol.

Its interesting to see how many layers the PS3 has...

Wonder if they were able to put it back together and keep it functional... the girl filming is such a dork... she keeps saying how amazing and awsome everything is.

stjuart
11-14-06, 08:47 PM
I think Sony beat ModChips in the simplist form... making it a bitch to take the system apart, lol.

Its interesting to see how many layers the PS3 has...

Wonder if they were able to put it back together and keep it functional... the girl filming is such a dork... she keeps saying how amazing and awsome everything is.
Sadly no challenge is to big, they will figure out a way, some how, and plus they love to mess with things that are complex.

Marvel_us
11-14-06, 10:13 PM
I honestly wouldn't mind the challenge of dis/reassembling one. Doubt I ever will, maybe toward the end of PS3's life. Can't experiment with 600 dollar hardware, not that rich.:)

|MaguS|
11-14-06, 10:31 PM
Sadly no challenge is to big, they will figure out a way, some how, and plus they love to mess with things that are complex.

Im sure the people making the chips won't mind but whos going to buy one with the amount of work you have to go through and how careful you ahve to be when taking it apart... look at how buried the motherboard is... its under everything... even the heatsink....