PDA

View Full Version : Some new info on AMD's next gen CPU's @ DailyTech

stevemedes
11-14-06, 05:59 PM
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=4943

ViN86
11-14-06, 06:39 PM
wow :eek: 4GHz Hypertransport!! hopefully that will do something lol.
not to mention shared L3 cache and SSE4.

seems AMD has something up their sleeve for next gen. i do hope they will fix up the architecture a bit though and not just boost speed to counter C2D.

AthlonXP1800
11-15-06, 08:03 AM
But it mentioned SSE4A, I wonder what the different with Intel's SSE4 and AMD's SSE4A? Maybe SSE4 revision A?

stevemedes
11-15-06, 11:24 AM
On paper this sounds pretty impressive. Unfortunately I don't know what alot of it means right now. All I know is what FRAPS reads.

a12ctic
11-15-06, 06:13 PM
looks promising :)

Tygerwoody
11-15-06, 07:20 PM
WEEEE more promises from AMD!!! I'm so excited!!! I wonder if next year they will surprise us with something on paper as weel!!! Boy oh Boy do I love it when company smack their gums about products that aren't out and probably won't be out for a long time! :rolleyes:

SpiffMistroII
11-15-06, 07:26 PM
WEEEE more promises from AMD!!! I'm so excited!!! I wonder if next year they will surprise us with something on paper as weel!!! Boy oh Boy do I love it when company smack their gums about products that aren't out and probably won't be out for a long time! :rolleyes:

:thumbdwn:

Tygerwoody
11-15-06, 07:46 PM
believe it or not. I hope AMD suceeds in their product. It just means lower prices for all of us. :)

SpiffMistroII
11-15-06, 08:09 PM
believe it or not. I hope AMD suceeds in their product. It just means lower prices for all of us. :)

someone got a split personality?

superklye
11-15-06, 08:52 PM
someone got a split personality?
No. Cleft palate.

SpiffMistroII
11-15-06, 09:39 PM
No. Cleft palate.

A cleft palate can either be an open and obvious gap in the roof of the mouth or be covered over by the lining or mucous membrane of the roof of the mouth, called a submucous cleft, which is not visible to the naked eye. A submucous cleft is characterized by a wide or split uvula (the small bell-shaped tissue that hangs down in the back of the throat), a small cleft or notch at the end of the hard palate and a thinning of the muscles in the palate that is covered by mucous membrane.

An infant with cleft palate usually needs to be bottle-fed (either breast milk or formula) using special nipples.

ROFL.:p

superklye
11-15-06, 10:10 PM
Heh, yeah...it was a joke. :)

stevemedes
11-16-06, 12:02 AM
An infant with cleft palate usually needs to be bottle-fed (either breast milk or formula) using special nipples.

:rofl

Heinz68
11-16-06, 11:16 AM
believe it or not. I hope AMD suceeds in their product. It just means lower prices for all of us. :)Sure you do. Maybe would help if you go back and read all the baloney you're posting about AMD and ATI to refresh your memory, if you have any.