PDA

View Full Version : EVGA + CONROE... BEST COOLING?

cybereml
11-14-06, 09:09 PM
hey guys, my new evga 680i and conroe 6600 are on the way, but now i want to get the best cooler for my budget (under $60), one that doesnt make too much noise and get the processor nice and confy, and i will use corsair dominator, so i need something that fits... any ideas???:p
tHANKS

Roadhog
11-14-06, 09:14 PM
STOP USING CAPS!

EDIT: I would have to say the zalman 9500 or 9700.

cybereml
11-16-06, 01:26 PM
STOP USING CAPS!

EDIT: I would have to say the zalman 9500 or 9700.

Thanks Roadhog, but in other thread it said someting abaut modifiging the Zalman, and i dont like that idea, what cooler do you think that would fit the evga 680i without cutting it??

By the way, sorry about the caps

lduguay
11-17-06, 06:36 AM
Cybereml, got mine fitted with a 9500, did not cut it. Since the plastic back plate is kinda crappy, i do not think it will put too much pressure on the caps. Actually i think that it might be better to put the flip the back plate, having the smooth surface sitting on the caps.
As you see, people here are sensitive about caps and caps lock keys..
Do dont want to get banned on your second post do you?
:D (just kidding of course)

cybereml
11-17-06, 06:37 PM
Cybereml, got mine fitted with a 9500, did not cut it. Since the plastic back plate is kinda crappy, i do not think it will put too much pressure on the caps. Actually i think that it might be better to put the flip the back plate, having the smooth surface sitting on the caps.
As you see, people here are sensitive about caps and caps lock keys..
Do dont want to get banned on your second post do you?
:D (just kidding of course)
Hey Iduguy, thanks for the post, but could you send some pictures to see how the zalman looks and how it look at the back of te MB... Thanks:D
and yes... get banned.... not a good thing(xmasmile)

I almost forgot to ask you how good is the artic cooling freezer 7 pro, its too noisy??? does the job????

Blacklash
11-17-06, 06:43 PM
I like my Tuniq tower 120 and if you use it on that mobo you would need to pad the back as I believe there are caps there that could be crushed by the support plate.

Xoxide did have them and they sold out. Glad I got mine before they did.

http://www.xoxide.com/tuniq-t-120-hsf.html

einstein_314
11-17-06, 07:06 PM
I like my Tuniq tower 120 and if you use it on that mobo you would need to pad the back as I believe there are caps there that could be crushed by the support plate.

Xoxide did have them and they sold out. Glad I got mine before they did.

http://www.xoxide.com/tuniq-t-120-hsf.html
Wowzer, that's a pretty huge heat sink!! I like it! I'll have to keep that in mind when I eventually go to a C2D setup...

Blacklash
11-18-06, 01:00 AM
Wowzer, that's a pretty huge heat sink!! I like it! I'll have to keep that in mind when I eventually go to a C2D setup...

Yep they are huge.

I got interested in them because some of the top overclockers worldwide @ XS use them.

tijean
11-18-06, 11:37 AM
Artic Cooling Freezer Pro 7

cheap, very efficient and totally quiet when you set fan to 60% in bios

no backplate to install

cybereml
11-18-06, 03:39 PM
Artic Cooling Freezer Pro 7

cheap, very efficient and totally quiet when you set fan to 60% in bios

no backplate to install

Yeap, i think ill be getting this one, i spacially like the "no backplate to install" part:p