PDA

View Full Version : Gamespot reviews COD3... XBOX 360 vs. PS3

rek075
11-14-06, 11:59 PM
XBOX 360 - 8.8
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/callofduty3/review.html

PS3 - 8.2
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/callofduty3/review.html?sid=6161718&page=1

The major difference seems to be a better 'graphics' score (9 vs 8) on the 360 version.

First the Ridge Racer comparison and now this. Its sounding like the 360 has the better visuals overall so far.

|MaguS|
11-15-06, 12:00 AM
Because Ridge Racer 7 recieved a higher score then Ridge Racer 6? In graphics and all around? Yeah...

Oh and in the COD3 review, they never mention the graphics being worse then the X360 version but rather the framerate is erratic, which is the reason it was dropped a single point lower then the X360 in the graphics department.

Dam do you trolls have to make everying into a "vs" thread.

rek075
11-15-06, 12:08 AM
Because Ridge Racer 7 recieved a higher score then Ridge Racer 6? In graphics and all around? Yeah...

Oh and in the COD3 review, they never mention the graphics being worse then the X360 version but rather the framerate is erratic, which is the reason it was dropped a single point lower then the X360 in the graphics department.

I wasn't referring to any Ridge Racer score or reviews, but rather the screenshot comparisons going around. Gamespot hasn't even reviewed RR7 as far as I know.

I never implied the graphics being worse in the PS3 version. I just mentioned the graphics score being lower, which as you said it is.

|MaguS|
11-15-06, 12:11 AM
I wasn't referring to any Ridge Racer score or reviews, but rather the screenshot comparisons going around. Gamespot hasn't even reviewed RR7 as far as I know.

I never implied the graphics being worse in the PS3 version. I just mentioned the graphics score being lower, which as you said it is.

IGN has reviewed Ridge Racer and I usually find them to be more "Xbox Favoring" then most other systems (even over the PC).

As for your never implying that the graphics are worse...

First the Ridge Racer comparison and now this. Its sounding like the 360 has the better visuals overall so far.

Keep on trolling...

Marvel_us
11-15-06, 12:12 AM
Its sounding like the 360 has the better visuals overall so far.

That wasn't you who said that?

EDIT: Damn Magus said it first.:o

Peoples-Agent
11-15-06, 12:17 AM
So the 360 version betters the PS3 version, even if just a tad.

Very nice to know.

Thanks for the info.

rek075
11-15-06, 12:22 AM
IGN has reviewed Ridge Racer and I usually find them to be more "Xbox Favoring" then most other systems (even over the PC).

Keep on trolling...

I was referring to framerate in that statement. You were implying that I made some comparison with polygons/shaders/effects. Despite this, it still affects the visuals and the graphics score reflects this. Instead of trying to discredit me, why don't you just stick with commenting on the reviews I posted.

Masq
11-15-06, 12:23 AM
Lets also take into the fact the this is Treyarch's first run on the ps3. I'm sure the game was mainly developed on the 360 first then ported over. I will put $5 on the table that when cod4 comes out, there will be no slowdowns and the 360 vs ps3 debauchle will be neglible. Also, I am a 360 fanboy and won't buy a ps3 for quite some time maybe never. But we all know deep down inside that the ps3 can handle this game :captnkill:.

kev13dd
11-15-06, 01:54 PM

Its sounding like the 360 has the better visuals overall so far

Keep on trolling...
I hate trying to make this guy sound like any less of a fight starter but...

In all honesty, you said that the review was knocked down due to the erratic frame rate. If "erratic frame rate" doesn't degrade the VISUAL quality, then I don't know what does

He never did say the graphics were worse, only the visuals. Go ahead and bash him for trying to assert anything based on 2 games, but don't put words in his mouth or misinterpret things he says

K

Hex
11-15-06, 02:17 PM
I wonder if they addressed the fact that it does not even run at full resolution on the 360.
Probably not.

evilchris
11-15-06, 02:40 PM

http://ozguru.mu.nu/Photos/2003-04-30--Iraqi_Info_Mgr_2.png

evilchris
11-15-06, 02:40 PM
I wonder if they addressed the fact that it does not even run at full resolution on the 360.
Probably not.
What's "full resolution"? Is that like Sony TruHD ie 1080ppp??

evilchris
11-15-06, 02:41 PM
Come on guys, "vs threads" are only good if the PS3 comes out on top! Ask magus!