PDA

View Full Version : Help with CS:S...mega..character shield..reflection..

K007
11-15-06, 03:21 AM
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/7113/untitledvl0.jpg

I played arround with some scripts..just to see if it can help with the rates and all...and now that i got rid of it..i cant seem to get rid of this..wtf is this..and how do i fix it? I Tried reinstall of steam/redownload..but i kept the steam apps big files..the .gcf..is it possible to fix this without having to redownload over 5gb of stuff..on dial up speeds? (Nets capped /sigh)

EDIT:
Fixed. Turned out the dxlevel was screwed with.

Roadhog
11-15-06, 09:39 AM
rofl, thats cool. how did you do it?

Becoming
11-15-06, 10:14 AM
Have you verified your steam files? I know a couple people that have gotten similar things, but usually it was backround objects that ended up with the shiny stuff like the wrecked cars on D2 or something.

nemecb
11-15-06, 10:51 AM
I get that if I set mat_specular and/or mat_bumpmap (can't remember for sure which it was) to 0 in the console. My experience may not apply though since I'm running it under Wine.

de><ta
11-15-06, 10:54 AM
OMG LAMBERT HAX! :D

stevemedes
11-15-06, 12:25 PM
OMG LAMBERT HAX! :D

wow dude, you remember that? that was what, 5 years ago? which beta was that, probably like beta 4 or 5.

K007
11-15-06, 09:08 PM
lambert is old.

It was something to do with the dx level. i fixed it by setting it dxlevel to 0 (auto detect) and got everything back)..

Was funny though..people looked like they were from Terminator 2..

FCGD
11-15-06, 09:57 PM
omgoose! it looks like the thing from Terminator 2, that looks shweet. i would leave my model like that

Edge
11-16-06, 08:33 AM
Yeah, I get that sometimes on background props such as cars if the game is minimized while a map is loading. Basically it ends up loading no textures for the object except for the reflection map (which is tied to the level instead of the model, which is why it still shows up on it), giving it that super-shiny appearance. Didn't know it can happen because of an incorrect DirectX level though, what was it set to when it caused that issue?

Smiling Cat
11-17-06, 11:49 AM
Go to www.steampowered.com and look on the forums about this issue. This is the number 1 bug that is fixed in like 2 seconds with a console command.