PDA

View Full Version : Why the Wii has grown on me

1337_Like_ThaT
11-15-06, 01:04 PM
Initially when the Nintendo "Wii" name was announced, I was disgusted at just the name of the system and swore to never buy it.

But as time progressed till this day, I realized how much of a fun-factor the Wii seems to have. Like Zelda_Fan once said the Wii isn't about intesnse graphics, but its about the fun factor. When I first read that I thought it was a joke. but after visiting my local Target stores and seeing Demos of the Wii put up, it seems real intersting and worthy of buying. The online portion, and ability to purchase retro Nintendo games in combination with using a retro ninetendo which will be available for purchase later.

Best part is you get a freakin game (sports) included with the damn system for 1/3 the price of PS3 with no game and it plays GC games too. Dont get me wrong, I still have much love for the PS3 and Im still buying a PS3 eventually and cant wait for that either, but I'll have my money waiting for the Wii at launch. (nana2)

zoomy942
11-15-06, 01:09 PM
Initially when the Nintendo "Wii" name was announced, I was disgusted at just the name of the system and swore to never buy it.

But as time progressed till this day, I realized how much of a fun-factor the Wii seems to have. Like Zelda_Fan once said the Wii isn't about intesnse graphics, but its about the fun factor. When I first read that I thought it was a joke. but after visiting my local Target stores and seeing Demos of the Wii put up, it seems real intersting and worthy of buying. The online portion, and ability to purchase retro Nintendo games in combination with using a retro ninetendo which will be available for purchase later.

Best part is you get a freakin game (sports) included with the damn system for 1/3 the price of PS3 with no game and it plays GC games too. Dont get me wrong, I still have much love for the PS3 and Im still buying a PS3 eventually and cant wait for that either, but I'll have my money waiting for the Wii at launch. (nana2)

i love you :) :beer:

Zelda_fan
11-15-06, 01:10 PM
You have no idea how much I'm loving this right now.

zoomy942
11-15-06, 01:11 PM
loving what?

Mr. Hunt
11-15-06, 01:35 PM
A free game? Come on... the game took 2 dollars to make.

Gaco
11-15-06, 01:50 PM
I'm actually also becoming increasingly in love with the Wii as the release day nears.. I'm beginning to experience the good old Nintendo feeling against; all the good hours I've had with my Gameboy and all the good hours I've had with my Gamecube before I sold it (you are missed!!). Wii is gonna outsell everything in the first -1 year until PS3/X360 drops in price. Go Nintendo! :D

Ninjaman09
11-15-06, 01:52 PM
My damn EBGames isn't doing a midnight sale so I have to wait until 10:00 on Sunday to go pick my Wii up. How gay is that?

Zelda_fan
11-15-06, 01:59 PM
A free game? Come on... the game took 2 dollars to make.

Quit trolling our Wii thread

http://www.geocities.com/davidsmid.geo/dust.jpg

I hear flatley is buying a Wii on launch day.

Zelda_fan
11-15-06, 01:59 PM
My damn EBGames isn't doing a midnight sale so I have to wait until 10:00 on Sunday to go pick my Wii up. How gay is that?

the benefits of living in New York :D

I may just stop by Times Square around midnight to see if I can pick one up.

Zelda_fan
11-15-06, 02:31 PM
I just called Nintendo World in Rockafeller Center. They said they open the gates 6:00AM for pre-orders, and 8:00AM Sunday morning for the general public. I asked him if they had a decent amount of Wii's available for the general public and he was like "yeah we aren't like other stores that burned our inventory on pre-orders, so if you get there at 8:00 you'll probably get one"

Can't wait!

six_storm
11-15-06, 02:35 PM
I'll probably get a Wii next year once I can get my new TV paid off. Nintendo has gotten it right with just their price. Not everyone can afford a P$3.

Namrok
11-15-06, 02:36 PM
I'm actually getting rather desperate for a Wii. It's like Christmas used to be when I was a child. Going to try to score one midnight at Walmart.

Ninjaman09
11-15-06, 02:54 PM
Yes I've been doing fine up until the Zelda reviews started coming in. I really can't believe how many great games are coming out in so short a timespan. I mean GoW is frickin amazing, FFXII is incredible, GH2 is fun as hell (and hard), and now Zelda. I gotta finish FFXII before it comes out! ARG.

Bman212121
11-15-06, 06:21 PM
I read the topic and though he was going to talk about enlargement pills. :p

Marvel_us
11-15-06, 06:31 PM
I read the topic and though he was going to talk about enlargement pills. :p

LOL!

If I can find a Wii I definitely want to get one for my little sister. Of course I am going to hog it to play Zelda for the first few weeks though.:D

My sister doesn't really play games much and I don't have the patience to teach her to use a 360 controller or PS2 pad so the Wii should be easier for her to pick up and play.

Bman212121
11-15-06, 06:56 PM
LOL!

If I can find a Wii I definitely want to get one for my little sister. Of course I am going to hog it

I'm not quite over the name yet, so O RLY?????

IMO worst name ever!

slick
11-15-06, 09:14 PM
Unique gameplay experiences > rehashes with better graphics.

IMO.

S.I.N
11-15-06, 09:44 PM
I still don't see what all the commotion is for. Only Zelda looks remotely interesting and it wasn't even initially a Wii title. When a Mario comes out I think I will be more excited but right now I could care less about the system.

Marvel_us
11-15-06, 10:36 PM
I still don't see what all the commotion is for. Only Zelda looks remotely interesting and it wasn't even initially a Wii title. When a Mario comes out I think I will be more excited but right now I could care less about the system.

Well Zelda is really my only reason for wanting one at launch. My sister seems very interested in the Super Monkey Ball and Rayman titles though so not a complete loss if I get one.

Bearclaw
11-15-06, 11:09 PM
My roomate is getting one on launch day, or will try. I am going to se ehow it is and from that decide whether or not to invest my money in it.

Rakeesh
11-16-06, 12:33 AM
When somebody's wii grows, generally I don't care to know why...or to know at all for that matter.

:D

UDawg
11-16-06, 12:40 AM
Perv...

That is the key to this system. I can't wait to get it either. Like the Game Cube it will be fun. Just kick back with my son and race or whack stuff. Good times. When I want to get serious I go to my PC.

Zelda_fan
11-16-06, 12:43 AM
Just kick back with my son and race or whack stuff. Good times.

lol

so UDawg, when you're playing with your Wii, you like to kick back with your son and wack stuff? lmao.

UDawg
11-16-06, 12:43 AM
I'm not quite over the name yet, so O RLY?????

IMO worst name ever!
Who cares about the game. I doubt very much my son will turn to me while playing Twilight Princess and say "you know dad, Wii really is a crappy name".

Bman212121
11-16-06, 01:57 AM
Who cares about the game. I doubt very much my son will turn to me while playing Twilight Princess and say "you know dad, Wii really is a crappy name".

What game? :D

Yea, I don't see that happening, but he prolly isn't at that age yet to find a lot of humor in it. I'll get over it eventually, but it's just hillarious when you take some of the things that people are saying out of context.