PDA

View Full Version : Is Resistance: Fall of Man a system seller?

ENU291
11-15-06, 02:26 PM
I have this on going debate with a friend of mine from work about the PS3 launch line up. He swears to me that the reason people are dying to pick up the PS3 is because of R:FoM and I tend to disagree. What do you guys think? Gears of War: system seller, Zelda TP: system seller, Resistance: meh.. I don't know. It's a new IP so maybe the sequel might sell systems. Anyway sound off on this topic.

Namrok
11-15-06, 02:35 PM
Maybe if there were enough systems to sell :p

six_storm
11-15-06, 02:36 PM
Resistance is the ONLY interesting PS3 launch title . . and I mean ONLY. PS3 has some work to do on their games in order to really start selling systems. Heck, only the Sony fanbois are getting their consoles (to keep, not to sell) this weekend.

sytaylor
11-15-06, 02:47 PM
People are buying "The new playstation", all the casual dudes I know, who don't ahev the first clue about gaming, believe the PS3 will destroy everything because they have a PS2. Essentially.

evilchris
11-15-06, 02:50 PM
People are buying "The new playstation", all the casual dudes I know, who don't ahev the first clue about gaming, believe the PS3 will destroy everything because they have a PS2. Essentially.

That's kind of like badboy and magus. "I liked PS2 so PS3 must be the greatest" syndrome.

I'm going to laugh when the HD-DVD addon for PS3 comes out.

1337_Like_ThaT
11-15-06, 02:51 PM
I'm going to laugh when the HD-DVD addon for PS3 comes out.

HAHAHAHA :o

It is no where near being a system seller. I would say the next Mario Kart Racing is going to sell more Wii systems than Resistance will sell for PS3

evilchris
11-15-06, 02:54 PM
HAHAHAHA :o

The signs are very strong now which way this "war" is going, ie the format war.

Sony's a funny company. The remote on my new 70XBR2 has a "BD/DVD" button. I should call and ask where my HD/DVD button is for my player of choice. It's typical Sony, they think they can just shovel their **** ( Blu-ray disc ) down everyone's throats and we'll just accept it.