PDA

View Full Version : 360 HD-DVD on PS3

Hex
11-15-06, 04:16 PM
Since it has already been cracked to run on a pc, I am trying to figure how long it will be before it will be running on the PS3.
Has anyone tried it on pc yet to judge the connection?

Zelda_fan
11-15-06, 04:19 PM
Since it has already been cracked to run on a pc, I am trying to figure how long it will be before it will be running on the PS3.
Has anyone tried it on pc yet to judge the connection?

there is really no point as there is no HD-DVD playback software available on the PC I think

|MaguS|
11-15-06, 04:27 PM
there is really no point as there is no HD-DVD playback software available on the PC I think

yet...

brady
11-15-06, 04:33 PM

You sure about that? I thought I read over at xbox-scene that people were using to run hddvd movies using a new version of one of the popular software dvd players that added hddvd support. Could be wrong...I'll try to find the link.

Hex
11-15-06, 04:39 PM
You sure about that? I thought I read over at xbox-scene that people were using to run hddvd movies using a new version of one of the popular software dvd players that added hddvd support. Could be wrong...I'll try to find the link.

Here is a linky (http://uneasysilence.com/archive/2006/11/8303/)

toxikneedle
11-15-06, 04:50 PM
It's not really cracked, MS said before that HD-DVD addon would be able to run on PCs. They were gonna release something for Vista.

Hex
11-15-06, 04:52 PM
It's not really cracked, MS said before that HD-DVD addon would be able to run on PCs. They were gonna release something for Vista.

Can you throw a link for that?
Not trying to start anything honestly, just curious because if that is the case then I do want to pick one up.

toxikneedle
11-15-06, 05:00 PM
sure, http://www.windows-now.com/blogs/robert/archive/2006/10/25/Xbox-360-HD_2D00_DVD-on-Vista-Confirmed.aspx

I think cyberlink or maybe windvd will release updates to their software that will support it eventually. I doubt MS is gonna do it for WMP though.

Hex
11-15-06, 05:02 PM
That works.
The reason I asked is honestly I hate modding things if there is a way not to have to.
And if it will be done officially then there is no point frying one which is probably what I would end up doing.

toxikneedle
11-15-06, 05:06 PM
Well actually the thing you mentioned before with PS3 support for HD-DVD. THat's an interesting idea since you can install custom O/S systems on the PS3. I wonder if that would be possible... it would be a while from now anyways.

But yeah windows support for HD-DVD is definet. coming with Vista. I wouldnt get it until any software to play it back is out. You don't wanna just have it connected as an external drive.

Hex
11-15-06, 05:12 PM
Well actually the thing you mentioned before with PS3 support for HD-DVD. THat's an interesting idea since you can install custom O/S systems on the PS3. I wonder if that would be possible... it would be a while from now anyways.

But yeah windows support for HD-DVD is definet. coming with Vista. I wouldnt get it until any software to play it back is out. You don't wanna just have it connected as an external drive.

I was looking through the apps that will come on the first distro of yellowdog for the PS3 to see what kind of dvd support was there, there are a few standard media player apps but someone would need to complile a full port of ndvd or the latest power dvd.

Bad_Boy
11-15-06, 05:49 PM
somebody could probably code something in linux for it, who knows.

sytaylor
11-16-06, 09:24 AM
yet...

Im betting it will come with bespoke players, WMP12 and then before long thrown in with nVidia drivers.

nekrosoft13
11-16-06, 09:55 AM
sure, http://www.windows-now.com/blogs/robert/archive/2006/10/25/Xbox-360-HD_2D00_DVD-on-Vista-Confirmed.aspx

I think cyberlink or maybe windvd will release updates to their software that will support it eventually. I doubt MS is gonna do it for WMP though.

there is an update already.

if you buy blu-ray drive, you have to contact cyberlink, proove that you have one, and they send you a update.

same with hd-dvd, it would be hard to proove you have hd-dvd drive, as pc drives are not for sale yet

but a new japanesse version of windvd8 will play hd-dvd movies