PDA

View Full Version : Penny Arcade fighting for us!

t6_shadow
11-15-06, 06:17 PM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic

Todays comic for nov 15. Penny arcade is fed up with EA bull**** too. Read the news post as well its very INFORMATIVE.

Absolution
11-15-06, 10:44 PM
i refuse to buy any ea game, period

last one i bought was battlefiend 1942, never should have bought that one either

Mr. Hunt
11-15-06, 11:49 PM
i refuse to buy any ea game, period

last one i bought was battlefiend 1942, never should have bought that one either

Same. My brother was trying to get me to watch the Army of Two trailer and I refused because EA was involved... I really despise EA and refuse to even watch trailers for their crappy games.

sytaylor
11-16-06, 09:27 AM
Is it just me or have they bastardised the NFS franchise? The underground games were excellent, so they upped the budget and added actors, but mad eeverything else ****ty. Burnout is the samw game it always was... their only REAL innovation as far as I can tell is Fight Night Round 3, and that was graphical, and Im betting we see that one go downhill too.

They buy great games, then choke the life out of them for profit. It HAS to bite them on the ass eventually.

nekrosoft13
11-16-06, 09:52 AM
Is it just me or have they bastardised the NFS franchise? The underground games were excellent, .

after reading the last word in that quote, i just stop reading.

underground series were the worst NFS games in history. from now on i won't take a single one of your post seriously :thumbdwn:

Ninjaman09
11-16-06, 10:20 AM
underground series were the worst NFS games in history. from now on i won't take a single one of your post seriously
Wow, not much in support of people having different opinions huh?

Anyway hopefully PA's crusade against EA has an appreciable affect on the general public (which I doubt it will). EA is largely considered to be a quality developer because of the appeal of their assembly-line sports franchises.

Zelda_fan
11-16-06, 10:50 AM
Anyway hopefully PA's crusade against EA has an appreciable affect on the general public (which I doubt it will). EA is largely considered to be a quality developer because of the appeal of their assembly-line sports franchises.

Which for the life of me I can't understand. I mean they basically release the exact same game year after year with slightly better graphics, and they have a multi-award winning sports franchise title. I simply don't understand it.

Ninjaman09
11-16-06, 10:54 AM
Yeah the consistently great reviews always confuse me. Most of the time reviewers will deduct points for repetition in franchises, but EA Sports games seem to be exempt from this policy. Kinda makes you think about that Hexus.net story with Alienware.:eek2:

Namrok
11-16-06, 11:42 AM
Yeah the consistently great reviews always confuse me. Most of the time reviewers will deduct points for repetition in franchises, but EA Sports games seem to be exempt from this policy. Kinda makes you think about that Hexus.net story with Alienware.:eek2:

Well I mean, at the end of the day, football is football. You can only do so much to differential games based on something as immutable as football. Thats probably why you can't really dock the games for repetition. But yeah, I'm disappointed that reviewers haven't slammed the Madden games the past year or two for being butchered and inferior versions of previous Maddens. I've never played them, I don't care, but from what I understand, the newer Maddens (in fact all the new EA sports titles) have fewer Stadiums/Courses/Ballparks/Courts, fewer teams, fewer play modes, fewer uniforms, and just an all around less of everything. I don't understand how they haven't gotten reamed out the face on that one!