PDA

View Full Version : Two more comparisons between PS3 and XBOX 360 games

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

rek075
11-15-06, 10:12 PM
I'll skip the commentary this time and let you draw your own conclusions.

Tiger Woods PGA 07
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/739/739022p2.html
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/746/746320p2.html

Need for Speed: Carbon
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/742/742381p3.html
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/746/746311p2.html

ENU291
11-15-06, 10:17 PM
Double OUCH for PS3 fans... it is becoming blatantly clear... there is no reason to buy a PS3 now.

Namrok
11-15-06, 10:23 PM
This is probably showing the difference in how difficult it is to program for the PS3 vs the 360. It's really not shocking that 2 EA titles did a half assed job on the PS3 versions of these games. EA never has been known for their technical achievements after all.

Marvel_us
11-15-06, 10:33 PM
This is probably showing the difference in how difficult it is to program for the PS3 vs the 360. It's really not shocking that 2 EA titles did a half assed job on the PS3 versions of these games. EA never has been known for their technical achievements after all.

Not to mention both games are 2nd generation Xbox360 games. These threads are kind of ridiculous and I don't see how the PS3 is not worth getting because of it.

EDIT: Just in case people don't understand what I mean about 2nd generation Xbox360 games. Tiger Woods 06 for Xbox360 and NFS: MW for Xbox360........these are EA's second time around on the console.

Hex
11-15-06, 10:37 PM
Why do they not have the same person review both versions?
I have never understood that

Hex
11-15-06, 10:39 PM
Double OUCH for PS3 fans... it is becoming blatantly clear... there is no reason to buy a PS3 now.

Of course not.
It is not like they are launch titles are anything, and we know that it is not like devs will become more used to the hardware.
I mean it is crazy to think that anything will ever out do the launch titles.
I am going to call Kaz now and tell him to call it a day.

toxikneedle
11-15-06, 10:43 PM
It's EA,.... I doubt they gave the developers enough time to code an engine for the cell. Or maybe they will charge you for a "graphical upgrade" on Sony's online store.

Marvel_us
11-15-06, 10:50 PM
Or maybe they will charge you for a "graphical upgrade" on Sony's online store.

:lol2:

That sounds about right.:D

ENU291
11-15-06, 10:59 PM
Of course not.
It is not like they are launch titles are anything, and we know that it is not like devs will become more used to the hardware.
I mean it is crazy to think that anything will ever out do the launch titles.
I am going to call Kaz now and tell him to call it a day.
I think you misunderstood what I meant by my comment. There is really no reason to buy the PS3 now meaning at launch. Sooner or later devs will get a handle on the PS3 hardware and produce some solid titles but right now the software situation isn't that great.

Marvel_us
11-15-06, 11:05 PM
I think you misunderstood what I meant by my comment. There is really no reason to buy the PS3 now meaning at launch. Sooner or later devs will get a handle on the PS3 hardware and produce some solid titles but right now the software situation isn't that great.

Come on ENU, you know your statement is completely subjective.

There are a few people on here that are very interested in Resistance and RR7. Both games have good reviews as well. Just because you aren't interested in any of the launch games doesn't mean it's the same for everyone else.

You even admit that devs will get the hang of making titles for PS3 so why can't people buy one now?

Hex
11-15-06, 11:11 PM

I can understand that.
Honestly resistance and Sonic are the only early games that interest me, with rr7 perhaps.
I can honestly say that I am getting it for down the line honestly, so I cant argue your point because I do not see it hitting its stride until feb or march 07.
The problem is for some reason , and I do not know what it is but everyone is so freaking negative about every little thing that it is honestly stupid.
Anyone who calls themselves a gamer should be salivating right now with what competition will bring and should want the best for all three systems.
Instead it is all people nit picking Sony for things that have happened in 99% of every other launch like they have never happened before.

ENU291
11-15-06, 11:19 PM
Come on ENU, you know your statement is completely subjective.

There are a few people on here that are very interested in Resistance and RR7. Both games have good reviews as well. Just because you aren't interested in any of the launch games doesn't mean it's the same for everyone else.

You even admit that devs will get the hang of making titles for PS3 so why can't people buy one now?I never said that people should not buy a PS3 now, I said that (I personally) don't see a reason to buy a PS3 at launch. You've stated that 2 specific launch titles interest you enough to warrant the purchase of the PS3 so be my guest and go get one. I hope you enjoy it.

toxikneedle
11-15-06, 11:25 PM
I never said that people should not buy a PS3 now, I said that (I personally) don't see a reason to buy a PS3 at launch. You've stated that 2 specific launch titles interest you enough to warrant the purchase of the PS3 so be my guest and go get one. I hope you enjoy it.
I mean it's also worth noting that gettting a PS3 at launch at retail price will be hard. Most people who buy it at launch will be overpaying. So even with resistance and all, chances are you won't be paying 600 for it, but a lot more rather.

Marvel_us
11-15-06, 11:26 PM
I never said that people should not buy a PS3 now, I said that (I personally) don't see a reason to buy a PS3 at launch. You've stated that 2 specific launch titles interest you enough to warrant the purchase of the PS3 so be my guest and go get one. I hope you enjoy it.

Well if you were referring to yourself then fine but it didn't seem that way.

I chose those two specific launch titles because they probably are/will be the most popular launch titles for the console. I don't plan on getting a PS3 at launch, never said that. Personally I'd buy a 360 this holiday season if had the cash.

jAkUp
11-15-06, 11:26 PM
Like Carmack said.

PS3 has higher processing power, but more difficult to program for.

Its just going to come down to your developers.

UDawg
11-16-06, 12:49 AM
Here is the standard line for PS3 fanbois, but it's sooooo hard to program for the PS3 because it is sooooo l33t. *sniffle, sniffle, cough, cough, whimper, whimper*"

Give me a break.

The PS3 may be a nice system but I will never know because it costs SO FRIKING MUCH!

Hex
11-16-06, 12:57 AM
Here is the standard line for PS3 fanbois, but it's sooooo hard to program for the PS3 because it is sooooo l33t. *sniffle, sniffle, cough, cough, whimper, whimper*"

Give me a break.

The PS3 may be a nice system but I will never know because it costs SO FRIKING MUCH!

Actually, that is what the devs have said on record many times over.
Thank you for your contribution though.
Assclown.

toxikneedle
11-16-06, 01:00 AM
its hard to program for the PS3 because it's the only system that u need to code for 8 seperate processors. programming for 360 is easier because you killing 2 birds with 1 stone, MS gives the utilities to port from 360 to PC and visa versa.

UDawg
11-16-06, 01:03 AM
Actually, that is what the devs have said on record many times over.
Thank you for your contribution though.
Assclown.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/johnnyapl/BPH032.jpg

You console fanbois are pathetic. I get a kick out of pissing you kids off. I have no favorite console so I have no stake in this. LMAO!

Buuuuutt it's soooo hard to program for. AHAHAHA that is gold, pure gold.

UDawg
11-16-06, 01:05 AM
its hard to program for the PS3 because it's the only system that u need to code for 8 seperate processors. programming for 360 is easier because you killing 2 birds with 1 stone, MS gives the utilities to port from 360 to PC and visa versa.
In other words the 360 was though out better. It achieves a better result with less effort. Now did you really want to say that? LOL! Now your reply will be "but later generation games will be better looking once they figure out what the hell they are doing". LOL

(nana2)

Zelda_fan
11-16-06, 01:07 AM
Bottom line is that the PS3, in it's current state, is a fricken joke. It'll have a big hoopla on launch, but once people realize that it is a shi-iot console, it's gonna crash. It has potential, but until games like Final Fantasy XIII and heavenly sword come out, what's the point?

Hex
11-16-06, 01:30 AM
Bottom line is that the PS3, in it's current state, is a fricken joke. It'll have a big hoopla on launch, but once people realize that it is a shi-iot console, it's gonna crash. It has potential, but until games like Final Fantasy XIII and heavenly sword come out, what's the point?

It is kind of a f'ed if you do and f'ed if you dont situation.
Most of the game companies are very closely watching the saturation of PS3 out there before they decide what to do.
If people go by your sage advice and just do not buy, then they are shafting themselves in the long run.
Sony ALWAYS has come through where gaming is involved, there is absolutely no real reason other than petty bias and idiocy to believe that they will not do what they need to do this time also.

Hex
11-16-06, 01:31 AM
Not to mention the fact that it comes with a Blughey drive, and we all know that Blughey is going to tank in the war of High Def DVD formats, especially now that MS has a $200 HD-DVD drive for the 360. :)

Wow did you think of that all by yourself or did mommy help you with that.
I believe you need to check some facts about the hd-dvd vs bluray situation before making yourself out to be even more of an idiot.

toxikneedle
11-16-06, 01:38 AM
In other words the 360 was though out better. It achieves a better result with less effort. Now did you really want to say that? LOL! Now your reply will be "but later generation games will be better looking once they figure out what the hell they are doing". LOL

(nana2)
well im actually the resident 360 fanboy here, obviously im gonna make ms look better. there are both advantages and disadvantages to the complexity of PS3 programming. One of the main disadvantages is multiplatform games, which both of these games are. Sony's cell processor accomidates the exclusive titles a lot more than multiplatform games, games like Splinter Cell, which was multiplatform always, is already going Xbox 360 and PC only.

Hex
11-16-06, 01:42 AM
I wasn't aware I was here to make friends.
As far as being a mod, that is nice and shiny, but if you want to jump into a conversation with completely biased statements is everyone supposed to just duck and run?
If so I must have missed the memo where it became a circle jerk, because I thought this was a place to discuss things.