PDA

View Full Version : CoolIt Systems Freezone CPU Cooler...

Roadhog
11-15-06, 10:48 PM
So... If I buy this... which I am seriously considering...

http://www.xoxide.com/coolit-systems-tec-water-cooling.html

Think it would be possible to add some more tubing to it, and a water block for a G80? I think it would, just take some little mods. But, do you guys think the pump would be powerful enough?

Bman212121
11-15-06, 11:12 PM
You should have gotten it when Xion X2 was selling his then.

I'd say Tiki could prolly give you an answer to that question. I'm not sure if the peltier cooling on that would like it or not, I really dunno.

Roadhog
11-15-06, 11:27 PM
You should have gotten it when Xion X2 was selling his then.

I'd say Tiki could prolly give you an answer to that question. I'm not sure if the peltier cooling on that would like it or not, I really dunno.

the peltier shouldnt be affected any. It would be just like cooling a space heater. But the main thing that I need to know is if the pump will be powerfull enough. I can easily deal with the problems of adapting more tubing to it and filling it with coolant. :captnkill:

TiKiMaN1
11-16-06, 09:46 AM
the peltier shouldnt be affected any. It would be just like cooling a space heater. But the main thing that I need to know is if the pump will be powerfull enough. I can easily deal with the problems of adapting more tubing to it and filling it with coolant. :captnkill:

I wouldn't try it. I'm not sure where you would add more tubing. The cooler does not appear to be built for any modifications. It's possible I suppose, but I would be scared half to death to attempt anything like that. The cooling it does for the CPU itself is just perfect IMO.:D

Roadhog
11-16-06, 10:55 AM
So the current tubing isnt removable at all?

Xion X2
11-17-06, 06:06 PM
Yeh, I would've kept the Freezone but decided after that I wanted just one loop instead of one for the CPU and another for the chipset/graphics.