PDA

View Full Version : GeForce FX Ultra has shipped!


Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Slappi
02-27-03, 09:42 AM
My friend just called me and his GFFX Ultra card is on the FedEx truck for delivery. I think he preordered from Bestbuy. Well I am sick as a dog and he won't let me over until I get better but I will give you his take on it later today. The FedEx guy normally comes around 1PM EST here.

muzz
02-27-03, 10:01 AM
Better hope that FedEx truck doesn't spontaneously burst into flames....... I am looking forward to some results from that card from an end user.

volt
02-27-03, 10:10 AM
Let's hope his Geforce FX doesn't fly out of the box :angel2:

But really, great to see the cards being shipped already :D

digitalwanderer
02-27-03, 10:43 AM
So we should start to get some actual user feedback/impressions on the FX Ultra sometime today?!?! COOL!

I really am looking forward to seeing how real people actually love/hate this new card, truly I am. It's one thing to read about all the technical issues, reviews, & rumors; it's quite another to see some real input on how people like 'em posted on a board ya trust.

I look forward to this afternoon, and hope the FX Ultra finally has a moment or two to shine for some. :)

Slappi
02-27-03, 10:57 AM
Sorry guys. I looked at his tracking info and it just shipped yestertday .... and is shipped fedex saver and should be here next Monday. At least I will hopefully be all better and will check it out in person and post pics. My friend told me it was on truck for delivery but it said this : Left FedEx Sort Facility/MEMPHIS TN 02/26/2003 10:06

So it might be here tomorrow but definitely by Monday.




On a more positive note ... the flim in my throat I keep hacking up has now changed color from dark grey to a light yellow so hopefully I am getting better.:o

digitalwanderer
02-27-03, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Slappi
On a more positive note ... the flim in my throat I keep hacking up has now changed color from dark grey to a light yellow so hopefully I am getting better.:o


Well, if nothing else it tastes a lot better.... :p

Sazar
02-27-03, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Well, if nothing else it tastes a lot better.... :p

yes I can see how one could deduce that :)

saturnotaku
02-27-03, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Slappi
the flim in my throat I keep hacking up has now changed color from dark grey to a light yellow so hopefully I am getting better.:o

Ewwww...too much in-for-ma-tion. Thanks for the mental picture. More than I needed to know. :barf:

muzz
02-27-03, 11:50 AM
Yeah slap thanx for the Excorsist description mang.... couldn't have gotten through the day without it........:D

CurtMan
02-27-03, 12:07 PM
I pre-ordered mine from Best Buy too, and it hasn't shipped yet. :mad:
I have next day shipping though :D . So I'm giving it till Saturday or Sunday before I go beat up some people at Best Buy. Says my order is in process....shouldn't be that difficult to put it on a truck.... :rolleyes:

stncttr908
02-27-03, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by saturnotaku
Ewwww...too much in-for-ma-tion. Thanks for the mental picture. More than I needed to know. :barf:
Manjula is ovulating! I must go!

panzaman
02-27-03, 12:33 PM
I don't understand why u people get so excited for some expensive and noisy PCB when out there you can buy a better product for far less than that.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

eman
02-27-03, 12:40 PM
I also pre-ordered a fx ultra from best buy. No signs of it shipping though. I believe that when they ship it i am supposed to recieve confirmation via email w/ a tracking # attached. So far no email, no tracking number, and on the bestbuy website my order status is still "in process". When i read the news on the 25th i knew not to get to excited as every single thing regarding this card has been long and drawn out. In january i finally broke down and bought a 9700pro which i find to be an enjoyable performer. I guess i am willin gto admit that i still very much want the fx in my posession but i refuse to hold my breath for howeverlong it takes bestbuy to ship it to me. I will be in florida this weekend to check out a school called full sail which i plan on attending in may, but when i return if my fx ultra will arrive i will be more than happy to put the card through the ringer on my system and report back w/ my findings as well as how it compared to the 9700pro on my rig. O h btw, yes i am new to posting at this site but i have been hitting up this site daily for almost a yearso dont hold it against me, ok? lol:afro2:

saturnotaku
02-27-03, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by stncttr908
Manjula is ovulating! I must go!

I see at least one person who got that reference. :D

FastM
02-27-03, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by panzaman
I don't understand why u people get so excited for some expensive and noisy PCB when out there you can buy a better product for far less than that.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

what, i dont get it. Do you walk away feeling high and mighty after posting useless comments and trying to ruin other peoples fun? Or are you just a jerk? BTW, that Albatron KT400+ looks more like a waist of money than a GFFX" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

CurtMan
02-27-03, 03:14 PM
I just called Best Buy to ask about my order because their website was giving conflicting reports on my status. The lady started off by saying, "Hmm, that's weird. I need to put you on hold." after I told her my info. Then she finally came back and told me that the manufacturer (BFG) has pushed back the shipping date for unspecified reasons. She said to call back in two days or so to check on an update. So I guess they aren't shipping yet. Sadly, it seems BFG is pulling the same Press Release and cancel policy as NVidia has recently.
This dissappoints me. Not just because I'm not getting the card. I can wait on that, but the sketchy press releases and fake release dates make me mad. Makes me want to get an R350 that much more....:mad:
I hope BFG can pull this together as a company and avoid looking stupid.

creedamd
02-27-03, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by panzaman
I don't understand why u people get so excited for some expensive and noisy PCB when out there you can buy a better product for far less than that.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

hehe... they're just excited that someone else wasted their money instead of themselves. (at least that's what I hope it is)

abb
02-27-03, 08:21 PM
I just looked at best buy and they have 21 video cards there and none of them are the GeForce FX5800. Are you sure that you guys were not had?:confused:

virtute71
02-27-03, 08:51 PM
Enjoy playing at 4xAA and 16xAF at 1600x1200 32bit.... NOT!

CurtMan
02-27-03, 08:52 PM
They pulled (stop selling) the FX on Feb. 9 due to heavy allocation, but they were still supposed to send the card.

kyleb
02-27-03, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by virtute71
Enjoy playing at 4xAA and 16xAF at 1600x1200 32bit.... NOT!


well that is rather a harsh way to put it but i am wondering about that, with the 128 bit bus and the pixel pipelines what they are; could the fx pull decent framerate with max everything in counter-strike:confused:

jAkUp
02-27-03, 09:30 PM
lol im pretty sure it can pull at least 80fps with everything maxed in cs... quake2 engine... im sure software mode could do it:p

eman
02-27-03, 10:21 PM
oh wow, it's a vacuum cleaner joke. and just when i thought i'd heard em all. seriously though, do people hunt down fx based threads just so they can flame or what? well before i get called a fan boy i better set things straight. i have used nvidia cards in the past, i recently got a 9700pro, and i have a fx ultra preorder that should arrive someday....im not gonna say soon because i frankly feel like when it comes to the fx, i am now taking the stance of i'll believe it when i see it. It will eventually showup, and then i will be comparing both cards, keeping the one i favor and selling the other to a friend. I think that this puts me in a win win situation...................game on!:afro2:

Shinri Hikari
02-27-03, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by eman
oh wow, it's a vacuum cleaner joke. and just when i thought i'd heard em all. seriously though, do people hunt down fx based threads just so they can flame or what? well before i get called a fan boy i better set things straight. i have used nvidia cards in the past, i recently got a 9700pro, and i have a fx ultra preorder that should arrive someday....im not gonna say soon because i frankly feel like when it comes to the fx, i am now taking the stance of i'll believe it when i see it. It will eventually showup, and then i will be comparing both cards, keeping the one i favor and selling the other to a friend. I think that this puts me in a win win situation...................game on!:afro2:
Some things to consider for you ppl who insist on posting BS whenever you see a thread concerning the FX.:afro:
(A Generalization)

volt
02-27-03, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by CurtMan
I just called Best Buy to ask about my order because their website was giving conflicting reports on my status. The lady started off by saying, "Hmm, that's weird. I need to put you on hold." after I told her my info. Then she finally came back and told me that the manufacturer (BFG) has pushed back the shipping date for unspecified reasons. She said to call back in two days or so to check on an update. So I guess they aren't shipping yet. Sadly, it seems BFG is pulling the same Press Release and cancel policy as NVidia has recently.
This dissappoints me. Not just because I'm not getting the card. I can wait on that, but the sketchy press releases and fake release dates make me mad. Makes me want to get an R350 that much more....:mad:
I hope BFG can pull this together as a company and avoid looking stupid.

Most likely your card will come in second batch. That doesn't mean BFG delayed it :)