PDA

View Full Version : Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars Coming to Xbox 360

SH64
11-16-06, 08:15 PM
EA announced that C&C 3: Tiberium Wars is in development for the X360, boasting an intuitive console-specific control scheme, fast-action strategy gameplay, deep single player campaign, and an immersive multiplayer experience featuring massive battles where you take control of large armies on the battlefield of the future.
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/9628/cc3x360yellowzoneconflict2gz7.jpg

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=38708&mode=thread&order=0

i wonder if console players are really interested in RTS games ...

J-Mag
11-16-06, 08:23 PM
RTS w/out a mouse?

FCGD
11-16-06, 08:56 PM
rts simply do not belong on a console, simple as that. this is just EA milking the cow. BTW, i believe thats the first screenie where i wasnt blinded with excessive amounts of bloom/hdr

slick
11-16-06, 09:41 PM
BFME2 is standing proof that RTS's are possible on consoles.

kev13dd
11-16-06, 10:44 PM
NEVER!!!

I accidentally bought a RTS back in the day for console thinking it was a FPS. RTS for the console is the dumbest thing I've ever done. I love consoles and hate those people who say "no mouse, no gaming, console suck" but RTS is something that would take an AMAZINGLY skilled company to pull off- and EA... well... no

K

slick
11-16-06, 11:02 PM
EA is, surprisingly, I'll admit, the only company that seems to have been able to do it. BFME2 controls refreshingly well for an RTS on a console, albeit not as well as a mouse would, but well nonetheless.

Zelda_fan
11-17-06, 12:50 AM
rts simply do not belong on a console, simple as that. this is just EA milking the cow. BTW, i believe thats the first screenie where i wasnt blinded with excessive amounts of bloom/hdr

You've apparently never played Battle for Middle Earth II on the 360. Beautiful graphics, and the control scheme is excellent. Not quite as perfect as PC controls (and I am a huge fan of PC RTSs), but to say that the controls simply shows how ignorant you are concerning console gaming (and considering your other comments regarding consoles this isn't an isolated incident).

Not only that, but I can't wait until Batillion Wars comes out for Wii. The control scheme looks excellent and the game looks to be a lot of fun.

Namrok
11-17-06, 09:31 AM
I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. Most of the problem with RTSes on a console is that people try to shoehorn PC like controls onto a console, which is a great idea for instant failure. I'm convinced RTS should be possible on a console if it was developed right.

My misgivings are more with the fact that its EA than anything else. I don't want to end up playing Battle For Tiberium Field 3: The War of the Knockoff or another soulless attempt like Generals.

FCGD
11-17-06, 04:31 PM
I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. Most of the problem with RTSes on a console is that people try to shoehorn PC like controls onto a console, which is a great idea for instant failure. I'm convinced RTS should be possible on a console if it was developed right.

My misgivings are more with the fact that its EA than anything else. I don't want to end up playing Battle For Tiberium Field 3: The War of the Knockoff or another soulless attempt like Generals.

i have no doubt the GAMEPLAY will be solid, and will be closer to red alert 2 than generals. but just like first person shooters, RTS games are a joke on consoles (except possibly Wii, which i have yet to use).

and before Zelda comes in here trolling me about how controls for Halo or whatever are so awesome, i would like him to answer me why more FPS on x360 dont support keyboard and mouse? ahaha.

hint: because microsoft even admitted it was because those with the kbm would have an unfair advantage over controller

evilchris
11-17-06, 04:55 PM
KRE8yABORZA dNA DmouSE is BEWtTEQr!! hehehe ocNdsoLd KIDDEIS!! contRELLELRS suCK1Q!! hehehehheherHEheheHhhhhhh keybd nad mousE!!! pc rulws!!!

J-Mag
11-17-06, 05:02 PM
The only RTS I played on a console was back in the Genesis days. Herzog Zwei was the title if I remember correctly... That game kicked ass , and really was the spawn of RTSes as it was out before Dune2. I think it might be the only split screen RTS...

Anyone know of a split screen RTS on either the 360 or PS3 that are out or will be coming out?