11-16-06, 11:17 PM
http://www.bungie.net/images/news/inlineimages/AnniversaryMCNewsweekLrg.jpg

Quickstar
11-16-06, 11:28 PM
Plus more

http://www.1up.com/do/media?cId=3144308

S.I.N
11-17-06, 12:10 AM
Looks like a plastic action figure and its like there using the same engine from Halo 2 because it looks like the same game with better visuals. And I wish the would make Master Chief look like a grown man instead of a big midget.

slick
11-17-06, 01:00 AM
Yeah, I haven't been all to impressed by the released screenshots. They're supposedly pre-alpha shots, so hopefully it'll shape up.

Nv40
11-17-06, 02:42 AM
Some enviroments screenshots look good others looks like taken from halo2 ?. UnrealT2k7 and quakewars looks more detailed to me. The Gear suit of the marine although looks.. ugh! ...wrong art...too much bumpmaping.

Perhaps the single player will look better.

Mr_LoL
11-17-06, 03:15 AM
Master Chief is too shiny. I hope they tone it down.

Bad_Boy
11-17-06, 03:17 AM
uhhh... :o

RAY16
11-17-06, 03:20 AM
They're going a bit overboard with the bump mapping on his armor. Looks like he just got shot by billions of BB's...very hard BB's shot from BB guns with enough air pressure to damage combat armor...

evilchris
11-17-06, 03:28 AM
teh cell could do better

nrdstrm
11-17-06, 03:39 AM
yeah, his bump mapping is way too overdone...

@ Evilchris, could you link me to the thread that is in your Sig...I'd like to see the context in wich those things were said...

evilchris
11-17-06, 03:40 AM
yeah, his bump mapping is way too overdone...

@ Evilchris, could you link me to the thread that is in your Sig...I'd like to see the context in wich those things were said...

The thread was deleted by admins, it was too disgusting. There is nothing to be taken out of context, it's all right there.

Mr_LoL
11-17-06, 03:45 AM
The thread was deleted by admins, it was too disgusting. There is nothing to be taken out of context, it's all right there.
Whats more disgusting is he is still here.

Bearclaw
11-17-06, 03:48 AM
They're going a bit overboard with the bump mapping on his armor. Looks like he just got shot by billions of BB's...very hard BB's shot from BB guns with enough air pressure to damage combat armor...
QFT.

crainger
11-17-06, 05:15 AM
So is this that Killzone game everyone is raving about?

I like how his gun has an off button. You know for when you go to the cinema and don't want to disturb others.

Marvel_us
11-17-06, 10:08 AM
So is this that Killzone game everyone is raving about?

I like how his gun has an off button. You know for when you go to the cinema and don't want to disturb others.

You've never heard of Halo?

This has nothing to do with Killzone.

six_storm
11-17-06, 10:51 AM
Killzone 2 has way better graphics . . . :rolleyes:

sytaylor
11-17-06, 10:57 AM
They're getting a bit silly with HDR shine, sure its all fine and dandy, but ultimatley its a subtle effect moreso than an obvious one. Other than that it looks ~current Gen PC.

Quickstar
11-17-06, 12:37 PM
I was really excited about Halo 3. Now, I'm very underwhelmed. Speaking of Killzone 2, I think it'll rule because i suspect that Sony will be using this new physics technology. When you look at the graphics in the now infamous Killzone 2 trailer, it actually looks doable after seeing Crysis, Motorstorm, Gears of War, etc. The thing that left me skeptical was when they're running on the bridge and this guy gets shot. The way he fell looked too good until I saw this new technology.

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/video-euphoria-technology

Also, watch the Sony testimonials and imagine it being headshots.

http://www.naturalmotion.com/downloads.htm

DaveW
11-17-06, 04:14 PM
Photoshop noise filter on your normal maps FTW!!!!

evilchris
11-17-06, 04:56 PM
I have no interest in Halo. I liked the 1st one but that was enough for me.

marqmajere
11-18-06, 04:02 AM
I think it looks good. :)

Parts
11-18-06, 04:13 AM

He was in line waiting for a PS3

crainger
11-18-06, 04:22 AM
You've never heard of Halo?

This has nothing to do with Killzone.

LOL :captnkill: