PDA

View Full Version : Need help ASAP from eVGA 680i owners..before I kick the system!.

haloeighty8
11-17-06, 06:47 AM
Ok,

I just upgraded from my p5n32 to a evga 680i motherboard, got around to installing it tonite finally.

So here's my problem.. system starts up and just hangs instantly. I get a code of '1D' on the motherboard and that's it, never get a picture or anything. My monitor acts like it's not getting any video signal at all. Any ideas? Like I said before I loose it and kick this off the table. I hate the idea of having to tear it down again, but something is up. I'm running the same two 8800gtx's that I had on the p5n, only difference is I installed a coolit freezone.

Now if my cpu wasn't properly seated wouldn't I get a beep or something like it? Could this possibly be the problem? Like I said.. hate the idea of taking it all apart again. But damn.. I guess I may have to. Suggestions? Thanks for any help!!

haloeighty8
11-17-06, 07:39 AM
Update.. I hit the little reset button the bottom of the motherboard and then powered it up that way. And this time I got to the bios, unfortunately I'm back to the same spot. Wont get past the 1d code, can't get into bios or anything. Like the system is in a suspend or something.

haloeighty8
11-17-06, 08:46 AM
Looks like it's my Corsair Dominator ram either my ram is bad or the motherboard doesn't like it. *sigh*.. now I need to buy new ram!?

Xion X2
11-17-06, 11:23 AM
Try booting with a cheaper stick of memory in the system that runs at lower voltage (default voltage on mobo is set to 1.9) and then up the voltage settings in the BIOS so that it can read your RAM. That's what I had to do with my G.Skill and it works fine now.

If that still doesn't work, then up the default speed of the memory (800mhz) while you're in the BIOS as well. Can't tell by your sig what speed your memory is but I'm guessing it's higher than that.

As soon as you update the BIOS w/ new settings, save and do an immediate hard-shutdown (you might hear a long beep as you do this). Then unplug power-cable from the back, hold in power-switch to drain rest of power out of the system, and swap the memory back to your dominators. Replug components, then boot.

If that still doesn't work, then you need to look up the "1D" code; I don't remember what it is, but they're all listed in the eVGA manual.

And if I were you, I'd also disable "Halt mode" and tell it to read "no errors." Especially if you're not using a floppy drive (A: ), otherwise it still won't boot. This had me cussing and scratching my head for a little while; I've never had a motherboard that wouldn't let me boot without an A drive unless I disabled it in the BIOS.

Stoneyguy
11-17-06, 08:01 PM
How can you expect anybody to help you with an avatar like that? I can't get past the first sentence of your first post without my eyes wondering back over to your avatar.

Not that I'm suggesting you change it or anything.

Xion X2
11-17-06, 11:18 PM
How can you expect anybody to help you with an avatar like that? I can't get past the first sentence of your first post without my eyes wondering back over to your avatar.

Actually his avatar's not big enough. I look at it for a second or two and wonder to myself "Hmm.. like to have me a life-sized poster of that."

jAkUp
11-17-06, 11:21 PM
Did you already try a CMOS clear? Also, try different memory if you have a stick.

haloeighty8
11-18-06, 04:03 AM

;)

haloeighty8
11-18-06, 04:05 AM
Did you already try a CMOS clear? Also, try different memory if you have a stick.

Pretty sad, I actually don't have sticks laying around.. go figure, with all the $$ I spend on this stuff. So I had to make a fry's run and buy/borrow some twin2x2048-6400c4, I'm going to install it right now and see what happens. I hope this does it.